Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Did the v6 wagon ever come in a stick?

3K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  Jon 
#1 ·
Hi all, I've been looking for a good-handling small RWD wagon. I like the look of the CTS, and I hear they handle amazingly well..but did the v6 ever come in a stick? I don't want the fuel bills of the V but do want a manual.

Thanks

#13 ·
"Glad you found one with a stick! I got extremely lucky as well and purchased a 2011 coupe standard trans with only 8400Km's! I also found out when I joined this fantastic forum that I have one of the rarest Cadillac's 1 of 65 made with; FE3 suspension, RWD, manual trans,oil cooler upgrades, and as a bonus it's a premium trim line with every option."

Just curious, how did you find out that only 65 were made in that combination. It's not the kind of information the manufacturer gives out, especially if it would take a macro search for all of the variables. Just curious.

#16 ·
On the day I joined the forum three members quickly welcomed me and said I had a numbered car. I think the one members avatar is 1of65 and I believe his coupe was Red Tint Coat.
"Glad you found one with a stick! I got extremely lucky as well and purchased a 2011 coupe standard trans with only 8400Km's! I also found out when I joined this fantastic forum that I have one of the rarest Cadillac's 1 of 65 made with; FE3 suspension, RWD, manual trans,oil cooler upgrades, and as a bonus it's a premium trim line with every option."

Just curious, how did you find out that only 65 were made in that combination. It's not the kind of information the manufacturer gives out, especially if it would take a macro search for all of the variables. Just curious.
----------

I forgot to mention; One of the members posted a whole list he got straight from GM that showed the unique differences and why these cars are numbered (65 ever produced).

#14 ·
The wagon doesn't come with a manual for safety and efficiency reasons.
First we need to start off with the assumption that wagon = family = kids in the back. (Stay with me here)

From a safety standpoint, it's far too dangerous to have to use the right hand to root around behind you when you need that hand to shift, usually a hard downshift to get the kids to the front of the rear of the vehicle quickly. We all know those little disease carriers are untethered back there and that's why you are looking to dole out some discipline in the first place. With the automatic, it's far easier to have the passenger simply perform the needed downshift and not worry about coordinating with the driver pressing the clutch in to do so.

Then there's the efficiency reason. When rooting around for a child in the back seat, you need to have that right hand free to make a single, uninterrupted, full sweep pass of the rear seat. Stopping to shift and restarting gives the rugrats the advantage of moving to avoid the hand. Statistics prove executing the full sweep maneuver in an automatic equipped vehicle is over 75% more efficient than when executed in a manual equipped vehicle. Hey, can't argue with facts now. :duck:

#18 ·
There is no comparison. Love the word "compromise" as if there is a compromise in buying a V. (yeah, I do understand how you really used that word "compromise", but just pushing the V).

#24 ·
C "T" ess said:
"Glad you found one with a stick! I got extremely lucky as well and purchased a 2011 coupe standard trans with only 8400Km's! I also found out when I joined this fantastic forum that I have one of the rarest Cadillac's 1 of 65 made with; FE3 suspension, RWD, manual trans,oil cooler upgrades, and as a bonus it's a premium trim line with every option." Just curious, how did you find out that only 65 were made in that combination. It's not the kind of information the manufacturer gives out, especially if it would take a macro search for all of the variables. Just curious.
Good day gentlemen;

To be clear, only 65 manual transmission v6 coupes were made in total. Manual option for v6 was a one year 2011 option. Mine happens to be blk on blk.

#28 ·
+2

I'd kill to have a manny tranny in mine. This is the first auto trans I've ever owned in 40 years of car ownership and I miss it terribly!!! This coupe would be an awesome car to have it!!!

Have to pass on the V. Too high an entry fee and the mileage would kill. Great car though.

BTW - a friend of mine owns a V Wagon with a stick! In Opulent Blue!! How rare is that!!!!

----------

#30 ·
The mechanical part is easy. It's the electronics that would kill ya. Connectors are easy. You can't just take it to the dealer for a "reprogram". For starters, what is being reprogrammed? The ecu is probably the same from sedan to wagon so you could use one from the sedan, but what about the bcm?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.