Did the v6 wagon ever come in a stick? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree11Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Did the v6 wagon ever come in a stick? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; On the day I joined the forum three members quickly welcomed me and said I had a numbered car. I ...
    EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Re: Did the v6 wagon ever come in a stick?

On the day I joined the forum three members quickly welcomed me and said I had a numbered car. I think the one members avatar is 1of65 and I believe his coupe was Red Tint Coat.
    Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    "Glad you found one with a stick! I got extremely lucky as well and purchased a 2011 coupe standard trans with only 8400Km's! I also found out when I joined this fantastic forum that I have one of the rarest Cadillac's 1 of 65 made with; FE3 suspension, RWD, manual trans,oil cooler upgrades, and as a bonus it's a premium trim line with every option."

Just curious, how did you find out that only 65 were made in that combination. It's not the kind of information the manufacturer gives out, especially if it would take a macro search for all of the variables. Just curious.

----------

I forgot to mention; One of the members posted a whole list he got straight from GM that showed the unique differences and why these cars are numbered (65 ever produced).

MKWAGON is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 AWD Sportwagon, Diamond white, 3.6 DI

Get the V. Can't imagine the fuel bill would be that much higher, if regularly pushing the 3.6 ----- unless you really start pushing the V. It might well be worth the compromise in order to get the MT.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

There is no comparison. Love the word "compromise" as if there is a compromise in buying a V. (yeah, I do understand how you really used that word "compromise", but just pushing the V).

joekitch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i seem to remember seeing a manual wagon on cars.com a few times, but they're DAMN rare

Jon
    Jon is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

99flhr likes this.

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

What about the Loch Ness monster? I suppose you're going to break my bubble on that one, too?

well
    there's always a transmission swap
    and considering the car was offered with both options, it can't be that difficult of a swap. the big problems will likely be electrical

1of65 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess
    "Glad you found one with a stick! I got extremely lucky as well and purchased a 2011 coupe standard trans with only 8400Km's! I also found out when I joined this fantastic forum that I have one of the rarest Cadillac's 1 of 65 made with; FE3 suspension, RWD, manual trans,oil cooler upgrades, and as a bonus it's a premium trim line with every option." Just curious, how did you find out that only 65 were made in that combination. It's not the kind of information the manufacturer gives out, especially if it would take a macro search for all of the variables. Just curious.
    Good day gentlemen;

To be clear, only 65 manual transmission v6 coupes were made in total. Manual option for v6 was a one year 2011 option. Mine happens to be blk on blk.

Quote Originally Posted by joekitch View Post
    well
    there's always a transmission swap
    and considering the car was offered with both options, it can't be that difficult of a swap. the big problems will likely be electrical
    Geez, just get a V.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Maybe joekitch will finally buy an auto trans CTS and change it to a manual, giving us all the details. He seems to think he has the technical ability.

Or just buy a V!

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    Maybe joekitch will finally buy an auto trans CTS and change it to a manual, giving us all the details. He seems to think he has the technical ability.
    +1...

dlpuette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 AWD Performance Coupe, 2011 Harley ElectraGlide Limited

+2

I'd kill to have a manny tranny in mine. This is the first auto trans I've ever owned in 40 years of car ownership and I miss it terribly!!! This coupe would be an awesome car to have it!!!

Have to pass on the V. Too high an entry fee and the mileage would kill. Great car though.

BTW - a friend of mine owns a V Wagon with a stick! In Opulent Blue!! How rare is that!!!!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post

Or just buy a V!
    well, "or just get a V", is basically $40,000 worth of words, so yeah.
    and i would need to do more research, possibly find a junked CTS and pull the tranny to see how it's set up, in order to determine how easy a swap would be.

best case scenario is there's some fabrication to mount the manual tranny in the auto tranny hole, fabricate a new plate, all the electrical connections meet up with the same sockets, and go to a dealer for reprogramming.

worst case is completely different chassis, absolutely no common mounts, completely different drivetrain hookup, almost no similarities between electrical connections, and no cadillac dealer anywhere having the ability to "reset" the car to factory and "relearn" it's attached hardware.

Jon
    Jon is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

The mechanical part is easy. It's the electronics that would kill ya. Connectors are easy. You can't just take it to the dealer for a "reprogram". For starters, what is being reprogrammed? The ecu is probably the same from sedan to wagon so you could use one from the sedan, but what about the bcm?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.