Onstar promotion 6 months to a year free.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Onstar promotion 6 months to a year free. in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; ...
    dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    I received this email today and reactivated my account today for six months and yes it was free. I wouldn't do the year because I don't want the insurance company to know my driving preferences. One other thing I thought was strange, I never was insured through State Farm.

Reactivate Your OnStar Service - Get 1 Free Year Plus State Farm Discount View online

Dear
    2012 Cadillac CTS
    For a limited time, you can reactivate your vehicle's OnStar¹ service with the OnStar/State Farm Connect & Save Offer—one free year of OnStar Directions & Connections (a $299 value) plus an insurance discount through the State Farm Drive Safe & Save™ program.²
    1. PUSH 2. ASK 3. CONTACT
    Push your blue OnStar button and follow the prompts to speak with an Advisor.
    Ask for the State Farm Connect & Save Offer and get six free months of OnStar service.
    Contact your local State Farm Agent or call 866.583.9457 to sign up for Drive Safe & Save and you’ll get six additional free months of OnStar service.
    Enroll in State Farm's Drive Safe & Save program, and receive an auto insurance discount up to 5% just for signing up.³ Plus, the less you drive, the more you can save.
    Push your Blue Button to get started today!
    Thanks from OnStar and State Farm.

Plans and Services | Privacy Statement

facebook.com/onstar

twitter.com/onstar

onstarconnections.com

onstar.com
    ¹Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Services vary by model and conditions.
    ²Offer only eligible on OnStar-equipped vehicles with an inactive OnStar system. Offer includes a six month trial of Directions & Connections service with Blue Button press and an additional six month trial once State Farm Drive Safe & Save is activated. Enrollment in OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics and valid email address is required. State Farm collects basic information about your vehicle to calculate insurance discount. Offer available through 1/31/14. No obligation. Not compatible with any other OnStar offer.
    ³Discounts may vary by state and program availability.
    If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired, you may now use the dedicated TTY connection to call us toll free at 1.877.248.2080 or email us at TTY@onstar.com for assistance or with questions regarding your OnStar account.
    Would you like to unsubscribe from future OnStar email communications?
    Would you like to update your email address?
    Do you have questions or concerns? Please do no reply to this email. Contact us for assistance.
    Ensure future OnStar email delivery - add memberservices@email.onstar.com to your address book.
    You can contact OnStar at the following address: Attn: OnStar Subscriber Services, P.O. Box 1027,
    Warren, MI 48090-1027.
    ©2013 OnStar. All rights reserved.
    EM-SF-W1-USE-0913

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by dreiloft
    I received this email today and reactivated my account today for six months and yes it was free. I wouldn't do the year because I don't want the insurance company to know my driving preferences. One other thing I thought was strange, I never was insured through State Farm. Reactivate Your OnStar Service - Get 1 Free Year Plus State Farm Discount View online Dear 2012 Cadillac CTS For a limited time, you can reactivate your vehicle's OnStar¹ service with the OnStar/State Farm Connect & Save Offer—one free year of OnStar Directions & Connections (a $299 value) plus an insurance discount through the State Farm Drive Safe & Save™ program.² SIGN UP NOW IN 3 EASY STEPS! 1. PUSH 2. ASK 3. CONTACT Push your blue OnStar button and follow the prompts to speak with an Advisor. Ask for the State Farm Connect & Save Offer and get six free months of OnStar service. Contact your local State Farm Agent or call 866.583.9457 to sign up for Drive Safe & Save and you’ll get six additional free months of OnStar service. Enroll in State Farm's Drive Safe & Save program, and receive an auto insurance discount up to 5% just for signing up.³ Plus, the less you drive, the more you can save. Push your Blue Button to get started today! Thanks from OnStar and State Farm. Plans and Services | Privacy Statement facebook.com/onstar twitter.com/onstar onstarconnections.com onstar.com ¹Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Services vary by model and conditions. ²Offer only eligible on OnStar-equipped vehicles with an inactive OnStar system. Offer includes a six month trial of Directions & Connections service with Blue Button press and an additional six month trial once State Farm Drive Safe & Save is activated. Enrollment in OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics and valid email address is required. State Farm collects basic information about your vehicle to calculate insurance discount. Offer available through 1/31/14. No obligation. Not compatible with any other OnStar offer. ³Discounts may vary by state and program availability. If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired, you may now use the dedicated TTY connection to call us toll free at 1.877.248.2080 or email us at TTY@onstar.com for assistance or with questions regarding your OnStar account. Would you like to unsubscribe from future OnStar email communications? Would you like to update your email address? Do you have questions or concerns? Please do no reply to this email. Contact us for assistance. Ensure future OnStar email delivery - add memberservices@email.onstar.com to your address book. You can contact OnStar at the following address: Attn: OnStar Subscriber Services, P.O. Box 1027, Warren, MI 48090-1027. ©2013 OnStar. All rights reserved. EM-SF-W1-USE-0913
    Not sure what you mean about the insurance company knowing your driving habits. OnStar does not share that info with your insurance company.

If you agree to get the extra six months, they would share your information and know how many miles you really drive in a month, as you know we all lie. That is what I understood, could be wrong. The insurance companies now are giving a discount now if you install a module that also shows the speed and mileage you drive.

If you agree to get the extra six months, they would share your information and know how many miles you really drive in a month, as you know we all lie. That is what I understood, could be wrong. The insurance companies now are giving a discount now if you install a module that also shows the speed and mileage you drive.
    Some of that information may be shared, no different than mailing lists but they are not going to share that info with YOUR insurance company. You are correct that some companies are offering discounts but you have to opt in. Also OnStar has no way of knowing who your insurance company is at any given time. I speak from knowledge. I work for an insurance company and we are considering this.

Also who are you hiding mileage from? Every time you go in for service your mileage is logged. If OnStar (GM) had some secret arrangement with insurance companies to divulge your miles driven, they wouldn't need for you to subscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63
    Some of that information may be shared, no different than mailing lists but they are not going to share that info with YOUR insurance company. You are correct that some companies are offering discounts but you have to opt in. Also OnStar has no way of knowing who your insurance company is at any given time. I speak from knowledge. I work for an insurance company and we are considering this.

Also who are you hiding mileage from? Every time you go in for service your mileage is logged. If OnStar (GM) had some secret arrangement with insurance companies to divulge your miles driven, they wouldn't need for you to subscribe.

I am not saying OnStar has a secret agreement, if you want the additional six months you gave permission to share information. Read the fine print in original post. " State Farm collects basic information about your vehicle to calculate insurance discount".

I am not saying OnStar has a secret agreement, if you want the additional six months you gave permission to share information. Read the fine print in original post. " State Farm collects basic information about your vehicle to calculate insurance discount".
    OnStar shares that information but it's not related to insurance and rating. As for State Farm or any other insurance company, the only way they can collect information is either through a device that they send you and gets plugged into the OBD-II port or through an app on your mobile device that collects telemetry information from your phone. In both cases you have to either install the OBD-II device or the mobile app on your phone. In other words you have to opt in. They can't magically get that information from your car.

In other words you have to opt in. They can't magically get that information from your car.[/QUOTE]

What don't you understand about my original post if you have read it entirely before commenting? If you want an additional six months you agree to share information. I didn't say they did this and that and there was a conspiracy.

I posted this email to save forum members money if they had an inactive account, not to debate your expertise of being in the insurance industry.

Quote Originally Posted by dreiloft View Post
    In other words you have to opt in. They can't magically get that information from your car. What don't you understand about my original post if you have read it entirely before commenting? If you want an additional six months you agree to share information. I didn't say they did this and that and there was a conspiracy. I posted this email to save forum members money if they had an inactive account, not to debate your expertise of being in the insurance industry. .
    Wow, a little testy? I did read your post....

Quote Originally Posted by dreiloft View Post
    I received this email today and reactivated my account today for six months and yes it was free. I wouldn't do the year because I don't want the insurance company to know my driving preferences. One other thing I thought was strange, I never was insured through State Farm.
    I am debating the bolded part where you stated that you didn't want to go a year because you didn't want the insurance company to know your driving habits. I simply stated that your insurance company has no way of knowing your driving habits through OnStar. Period.

Should I have interpreted that differently?

Maybe you should read your own posts thoroughly. I'll comment no further on the matter.

Glad.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Re: Onstar promotion 6 months to a year free.

Thanks for sharing dreiloft. I may try the 6 months deal, but like you, I'm not interested in sharing my info with State Farm. If OnStarcan track my car for theft purposes, they can track my daily driving and report it to the insurance company. That I don't want them doing. I don't always drive the speed limit.

Quote Originally Posted by HurstGN
    Thanks for sharing dreiloft. I may try the 6 months deal, but like you, I'm not interested in sharing my info with State Farm. If OnStarcan track my car for theft purposes, they can track my daily driving and report it to the insurance company. That I don't want them doing. I don't always drive the speed limit.
    Good grief... They can't do that.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Re: Onstar promotion 6 months to a year free.

Does OnStar use a GPS?

spind is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe AWD Premium
    Good grief... They can't do that.
    Yes, that can.

http://www.statefarm.com/insurance/a...-safe-save.asp

Can I still enroll in the Drive Safe & Save program if my vehicle is equipped with OnStar but I do not have an active OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics subscription?
    Yes, as long as you plan to activate your OnStar subscription and enroll in OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics. State Farm will request odometer information from OnStar approximately 30 days after you sign up for Drive Safe & Save. If we are unable to obtain odometer readings at that point, your State Farm agent will contact you. If you do not activate your OnStar subscription, we will remove the initial participation discount retroactive to the effective date it was added.

How often is the Drive Safe & Save discount recalculated?
    Your discount may be adjusted at each renewal period, based on the collected driving information.

Does OnStar start sharing my mileage with State Farm the day I sign up, or do they forward historical mileage as well?
    State Farm will request up to the six most recent historical odometer readings on your car but will not use any odometer readings that occurred prior to the date you purchased the car.

Quote Originally Posted by spind

Yes, that can.

http://www.statefarm.com/insurance/a...-safe-save.asp

Can I still enroll in the Drive Safe & Save program if my vehicle is equipped with OnStar but I do not have an active OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics subscription?
    Yes, as long as you plan to activate your OnStar subscription and enroll in OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics. State Farm will request odometer information from OnStar approximately 30 days after you sign up for Drive Safe & Save. If we are unable to obtain odometer readings at that point, your State Farm agent will contact you. If you do not activate your OnStar subscription, we will remove the initial participation discount retroactive to the effective date it was added.

How often is the Drive Safe & Save discount recalculated?
    Your discount may be adjusted at each renewal period, based on the collected driving information.

Does OnStar start sharing my mileage with State Farm the day I sign up, or do they forward historical mileage as well?
    State Farm will request up to the six most recent historical odometer readings on your car but will not use any odometer readings that occurred prior to the date you purchased the car.
    I've been trying to explain this to gohawks for over a week. gohawks

He has not gave beneficiary information yet.

Quote Originally Posted by spind
    Yes, that can. http://www.statefarm.com/insurance/a...-safe-save.asp . Can I still enroll in the Drive Safe & Save program if my vehicle is equipped with OnStar but I do not have an active OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics subscription? Yes, as long as you plan to activate your OnStar subscription and enroll in OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics. State Farm will request odometer information from OnStar approximately 30 days after you sign up for Drive Safe & Save. If we are unable to obtain odometer readings at that point, your State Farm agent will contact you. If you do not activate your OnStar subscription, we will remove the initial participation discount retroactive to the effective date it was added. How often is the Drive Safe & Save discount recalculated? Your discount may be adjusted at each renewal period, based on the collected driving information. Does OnStar start sharing my mileage with State Farm the day I sign up, or do they forward historical mileage as well? State Farm will request up to the six most recent historical odometer readings on your car but will not use any odometer readings that occurred prior to the date you purchased the car.
    Read my past posts, I said they can't collect that information without your permission. You have to enroll (the word I used is opt-in) in order for State Farm to collect that information. OnStar can't just give that information to them. You have proven me correct.

OnStar shares that information but it's not related to insurance and rating. As for State Farm or any other insurance company, the only way they can collect information is either through a device that they send you and gets plugged into the OBD-II port or through an app on your mobile device that collects telemetry information from your phone. In both cases you have to either install the OBD-II device or the mobile app on your phone. In other words you have to opt in. They can't magically get that information from your car.
    The only correction that I will make to my post is that apparently OnStar and State Farm have partnered to share information, but only after you have enrolled through State Farm. It doesn't happen automatically when you subscribe to OnStar. Once you enroll and give permission, then yes OnStar can share that information with State Farm. Until then they can't. No different than how you have to give permission before someone can pull your credit report. If you look at the page of the link you provided, it says "enroll Now". I don't get why that's so hard to comprehend.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.