Torn between a CTS4 Premium Sedan or ATS Premium 3.6 - dealer has both on lot
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Torn between a CTS4 Premium Sedan or ATS Premium 3.6 - dealer has both on lot in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; both are nice optioned, black, beautiful cars. The CTS has the 19" wheels and is a demo car with about ...
    shudog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Torn between a CTS4 Premium Sedan or ATS Premium 3.6 - dealer has both on lot

both are nice optioned, black, beautiful cars. The CTS has the 19" wheels and is a demo car with about 3500 miles. With the current year end rebates, GM Employee discount & incentive for this being a demo car, I can save about $10k off MSRP.

The ATS is 3.6 Premium, black with red interior, super sharp. It's RWD but has the staggered width wheels & looks amazing. I drove another 3.6 car and it was really fast. Smaller interior and I'm not sure how I feel about all the added technology in this car. Rebates aren't as much but I still get about $8k off MSRP.

THoughts between the two? I don't drive a ton, mostly city, my commute is very short, about 5 miles. We do get some nasty weather here in Cleveland though, but I can manage a RWD car. Got through several winters with my previous car, a Pontiac G8 GT.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

Re: Torn between a CTS4 Premium Sedan or ATS Premium 3.6 - dealer has both on lot

IMO take them both for a 30 minute ride and decide if: you are comfortable in the seat, have enough room for you and your family to travel, the electronic devices are adequate to your needs.

Both look great, and the rest is numerical comparison of specs.
    RippyPartsDept likes this.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Unhappy Re: Torn between a CTS4 Premium Sedan or ATS Premium 3.6 - dealer has both on lot

I went from an '08 CTS-4 Sedan with 18" wheels to a '13 CTS Coupe with 19" Performance Wheel package (both Premium package) and considered an ATS-4 Sedan, too. For me, I only place around 5,000 miles per year on it, and the rebates on the '13 CTS Coupe persuaded me, along with the improvement in ride and handling of the 19" wheels, compared to my early build '08. When I had my '03 CTS (rear wheel drive) my commute placed around 15,000 miles per year on the car and I survived those winters with the Traction Control, so I did not get the all-wheel-drive this time around. Comparing the cars, I found the new CTS seemed heavier and the ride quality superior to the ATS along with simply being quite comfortable (I'm 5'11" and 180 pounds) and the build quality is much better than in my '08--it seems as if carved out of a solid block of metal! My '13 features the "blind zone alert" and a large back-up camera and the electronic parking brake and suede inserts on the seats, compared to my '08. You should drive them both back-to-back to compare how they handle bumps and comfort of the various seating positions. Good luck with whatever one you choose--they both sound appealing, but for me, I would likely favor the heavier, larger CTS-4 with the 19" wheels.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: Torn between a CTS4 Premium Sedan or ATS Premium 3.6 - dealer has both on lot

I don't think you can go wrong on either one. My only thing would be that the ATS body style will be around for a few more years and will look current. The CTS body style will change this year and therefore will make your CTS look dated. That's a subjective and I can only say is what I would think about. Good luck with either choice.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

G8GT nice

If you can live with the smaller interior and back seat room I would go with the ATS
    The only thing I miss about my 11 CTS is the cooled seats, larger back seat room and ambient lighting.

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Sorry to change topics here but, I currently own a Pontiac G8 loaded and it has been one of the best cars I ever purchased. I racked up over 160 000 Km's on it and then gave it to my wife, and we haven't had one problem with the car ever!!!! I just had to mention how awesome our G8 is, lol!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shudog View Post
    both are nice optioned, black, beautiful cars. The CTS has the 19" wheels and is a demo car with about 3500 miles. With the current year end rebates, GM Employee discount & incentive for this being a demo car, I can save about $10k off MSRP.

The ATS is 3.6 Premium, black with red interior, super sharp. It's RWD but has the staggered width wheels & looks amazing. I drove another 3.6 car and it was really fast. Smaller interior and I'm not sure how I feel about all the added technology in this car. Rebates aren't as much but I still get about $8k off MSRP.

THoughts between the two? I don't drive a ton, mostly city, my commute is very short, about 5 miles. We do get some nasty weather here in Cleveland though, but I can manage a RWD car. Got through several winters with my previous car, a Pontiac G8 GT.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Maybe if you live in far east Cleveland, then the awd might be desirable. Otherwise, I would lean towards the ATS. Like c"T'ess said, the body style will be "new" for a few years vs. the CTS, which is an instant outdate.

The G8 was an awesome car. Good looks, fast, smooth, roomy. Only knock on it was lack of technology on the interior. No NAV, no backup camera, not even memory on the seats...

I'm not so concerned with the CTS styling being dated. I think the cars are so different, the more I read about the ATS, it's a real sports/performance oriented vvehicle. Especially with the FE3 magnetic shocks. CTS is larger, smoother, more roomy

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

I was at the dealer getting my CTS serviced. I looked at the ATS again and at 5'10" the back seat is too small. I almost have to fold myself in half to get in and out. I just dont like it for that reason.

I'm 6'. I adjusted the driver seat to a comfortable position, then got in the back. I fit, but not comfortably for a long ride. I rarely have anyone in my back seat though and my wife has a GMC Terrain if we need extra room...

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

I found the angle of the C-pillar too low I banged my head on the roof getting in and out

MD_Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium 11 MPG COMBINED...No Fix

If you want a sedan go with the ATS. Once the '14 CTS comes out the 2nd gens are going to be eclipsed in beauty big time.

I agree about the lack of technology within the interior. One cool thing is the symmetry of the G8's interior as the car comes from Australia and can be ether right hand or left hand drive. I have actually considered purchasing a Holden Commodore (G8) right from a Holden dealer in Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by shudog View Post
    The G8 was an awesome car. Good looks, fast, smooth, roomy. Only knock on it was lack of technology on the interior. No NAV, no backup camera, not even memory on the seats...

I'm not so concerned with the CTS styling being dated. I think the cars are so different, the more I read about the ATS, it's a real sports/performance oriented vvehicle. Especially with the FE3 magnetic shocks. CTS is larger, smoother, more roomy

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by EVH5150 View Post
    I agree about the lack of technology within the interior. One cool thing is the symmetry of the G8's interior as the car comes from Australia and can be ether right hand or left hand drive. I have actually considered purchasing a Holden Commodore (G8) right from a Holden dealer in Australia.
    Prior to buying the 11 CTS I came real close to buying an 2011 6.0 Caprice 9C3 Detective model chromaflair grey with only 700 miles on it for $22K
    Other than it being a few inches longer it was just like being in a G8 with almost the same exact interior minus no Nav, Onstar and a few other things.

That's awesome!!!

Those are cool Whips, I have seen some pictures and they definitely look longer but still have a cool appearance! I am glad we have similar taste in cars CTS CHICK!
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    Prior to buying the 11 CTS I came real close to buying an 11 6.0 Caprice 9C3 Detective model chromaflair grey with only 700 miles on it for 22K
    Other than it being a few inches longer it was just like being in a G8 with almost the same exact interior.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.