Goodbye CTS, in with the new - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Goodbye CTS, in with the new in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; What's your screen name on the Jag forum. I want to go over there and rant about how good my ...
    C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: Goodbye CTS, in with the new

What's your screen name on the Jag forum. I want to go over there and rant about how good my CTS is!
    EVH5150 likes this.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

I am interested in seeing how these guys make out over a period of time with problems compared to their CTS's along with how the dealership experiences are.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    What's your screen name on the Jag forum. I want to go over there and rant about how good my CTS is!
    Lol...that was a good one!
    EVH5150 likes this.

snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    I am interested in seeing how these guys make out over a period of time with problems compared to their CTS's along with how the dealership experiences are.
    Well, in a bit over a year I've had one "major" issue which was the tranny clunk, which was resolved the first time after the dealer came and picked up my car and left a loaner for me. Transmission modulator. Also returned mine cleaned and with a full tank of gas. NEVER had that dealer experience with the Caddy, but the dealer was quite good in dealing with all the problems, but often not really fixing them.

In my first Caddy year was the ultra-squeak roof that took multiple times to finally get right, the airbag light coming on for no reason, the timing chain recall, the lumbar support in the seat that suddenly crapped itself, the 3-blink turn signal not working when it got cold, the heated washer fluid deletion, the vibration on the driveline that never got fully remedied, the seats having to be taken apart as the ventilation stopped working, squeaking / creaking pop-up nav and so on and so on. If I felt like putting forth the effort I'd get out the pile of work orders that car had in it's 2.5 years with me and list them all. OMG. Not pretty

So, the Jag experience has been an absolute breath of fresh air compared to my CTS. I'd expect some issues with any complex vehicle, but they have been very rare, and, as mentioned above, very well dealt with by the dealer. I've had really good GM cars (my 96 Grand Prix comes to mind), and really bad ones (mid 80's Regal and Skylark X-car), but none has ever been the problem plauged trash that was my CTS. I wanted to love that car for it's styling and features, and even up to the day I traded it I was still connected to it, but not constantly having problems has been a really nice feature of the Jag.

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    They'll laugh. Particularly after they look at the pages in this forum. I mean, do you read them? You apparently have the one of the few CTS that doesn't have issues. Sorry, mine was the worst vehicle I've had in 40 years of car owning. I'm sorry that offends you, and that you're so insecure and defensive about it, but that's the way it was for me. A complete POS that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Ref above post.. this once great 2nd gen CTS forum continues to be cesspooled by completely agenda-driven /entirely negative wise-ass posts from a former CTS owner who unfortunately bought a lemon of a car and who will never let anyone here forget it, despite selling his CTS one or two years ago. How nice that is (sarcasm) for those of us who still bother to visit here. Does anyone actually enjoy seeing/reading this recurring crap? Forum 'Administrators', what are you up to? Suggest you get rid of the above agenda-driven poster, once and for all. I complained about this in prior posts a while back, but no one bothered to back me up, neither admin or regular forum members. Go figure.
    For the record, I have owned a 2008, a 2009 and now a 2011 CTS, and none of these cars has given me significant problems. I've thoroughly enjoyed them.
    /R

Quote Originally Posted by snofun3 View Post
    Well, in a bit over a year I've had one "major" issue which was the tranny clunk, which was resolved the first time after the dealer came and picked up my car and left a loaner for me. Transmission modulator. Also returned mine cleaned and with a full tank of gas. NEVER had that dealer experience with the Caddy, but the dealer was quite good in dealing with all the problems, but often not really fixing them.

In my first Caddy year was the ultra-squeak roof that took multiple times to finally get right, the airbag light coming on for no reason, the timing chain recall, the lumbar support in the seat that suddenly crapped itself, the 3-blink turn signal not working when it got cold, the heated washer fluid deletion, the vibration on the driveline that never got fully remedied, the seats having to be taken apart as the ventilation stopped working, squeaking / creaking pop-up nav and so on and so on. If I felt like putting forth the effort I'd get out the pile of work orders that car had in it's 2.5 years with me and list them all. OMG. Not pretty
    So, the Jag experience has been an absolute breath of fresh air compared to my CTS. I'd expect some issues with any complex vehicle, but they have been very rare, and, as mentioned above, very well dealt with by the dealer. I've had really good GM cars (my 96 Grand Prix comes to mind), and really bad ones (mid 80's Regal and Skylark X-car), but none has ever been the problem plauged trash that was my CTS. I wanted to love that car for it's styling and features, and even up to the day I traded it I was still connected to it, but not constantly having problems has been a really nice feature of the Jag.
    You bought a used 08-09 CTS?

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Everyone has the chance of buying a lemon. Let's just drop this and move on. RAB has said this before; this is a Cadillac enthusiasts forum, NOT a Cadillac haters forum! An admin needs to step in here...

end rant

snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Maybe if the fan-boys stop the baiting this thing would rest - look who's bumped it. Not me. Do I hear a d'oh anywhere? Like it should be that there would / should / could be a reason to respond?

Just a thought. Seems pretty simple way for it to go away would just be not to keep asking questions, but apparently not to some. Unsmart.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by RAB
    Ref above post.. this once great 2nd gen CTS forum continues to be cesspooled by completely agenda-driven /entirely negative wise-ass posts from a former CTS owner who unfortunately bought a lemon of a car and who will never let anyone here forget it, despite selling his CTS one or two years ago. How nice that is (sarcasm) for those of us who still bother to visit here. Does anyone actually enjoy seeing/reading this recurring crap? Forum 'Administrators', what are you up to? Suggest you get rid of the above agenda-driven poster, once and for all. I complained about this in prior posts a while back, but no one bothered to back me up, neither admin or regular member. Go figure. For the record, I have owned a 2008, a 2009 and now a 2011 CTS, and none of these cars has given me significant problems. I've thoroughly enjoyed them. /R
    Right there with you. Again, if you hated the car that much why are you here? Move on.
    rubenmer1, C "T" ess and EVH5150 like this.

Leaf 68 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS - RWD/Perf./BlackRaven

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    Right there with you. Again, if you hated the car that much why are you here? Move on.
    Well said.
    C "T" ess likes this.

WRXtranceformed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Haha wow this thread is still going! To snofun's credit, it did get bumped by a fanboi when it could have just died. I don't have any particular beef with Cadillacs even after the issues I had with mine...in fact I am debating picking up an ATS for my wife in a few years when the lease is up on her Hyundai. You just kind of have to expect some cross contamination of rough QC from any auto maker that also makes cars for the masses / rental fleets.

To CTSChick's point I would be happy to pop in every now and then to give my thoughts on ownership and service experiences. I found the service at our local Cadillac dealer to be impeccable. They fixed quite a number of issues that normally wouldn't be covered under warranty and did not seem to care about the couple of mods I had. The closest Jaguar dealership is owned by a family who is good friends with a good friend of mine. They helped me initially in my car search but didnt quite have the reach to find what I was looking for. They are really good people and most of the local Jag enthusiasts recommend them so I am hoping that works out in the long run. My biggest concern right now is whether or not they will honor the extended warranty if I decide to install an aftermarket exhaust. Hopefully will have some more clarity on that next week.

Since this got bumped again I might as well put up a few pics since it just left the tint shop yesterday! I went back this morning to take my wife's car to get tinted and they were having a photoshoot for their new website. They asked if they could line up my car with a bunch of other high end customs and take pictures for the site so I said sure! I don't have any of those but here it is in front of the shop and outside of Gander Mountain.

Again I have nothing but peace and love for the Caddy community! I learned a lot while I was here and I am really curious to keep up on the new twin turbo CTS's and possibly the ATS-V because that could be truly an excellent car.
    bluefleetwood, mrlacy1 and EVH5150 like this.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXtranceformed
    Haha wow this thread is still going! To snofun's credit, it did get bumped by a fanboi when it could have just died. I don't have any particular beef with Cadillacs even after the issues I had with mine...in fact I am debating picking up an ATS for my wife in a few years when the lease is up on her Hyundai. You just kind of have to expect some cross contamination of rough QC from any auto maker that also makes cars for the masses / rental fleets. To CTSChick's point I would be happy to pop in every now and then to give my thoughts on ownership and service experiences. I found the service at our local Cadillac dealer to be impeccable. They fixed quite a number of issues that normally wouldn't be covered under warranty and did not seem to care about the couple of mods I had. The closest Jaguar dealership is owned by a family who is good friends with a good friend of mine. They helped me initially in my car search but didnt quite have the reach to find what I was looking for. They are really good people and most of the local Jag enthusiasts recommend them so I am hoping that works out in the long run. My biggest concern right now is whether or not they will honor the extended warranty if I decide to install an aftermarket exhaust. Hopefully will have some more clarity on that next week. Since this got bumped again I might as well put up a few pics since it just left the tint shop yesterday! I went back this morning to take my wife's car to get tinted and they were having a photoshoot for their new website. They asked if they could line up my car with a bunch of other high end customs and take pictures for the site so I said sure! I don't have any of those but here it is in front of the shop and outside of Gander Mountain. Again I have nothing but peace and love for the Caddy community! I learned a lot while I was here and I am really curious to keep up on the new twin turbo CTS's and possibly the ATS-V because that could be truly an excellent car.
    Nice looking car. Congrats, good luck and enjoy.
    WRXtranceformed likes this.

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

That does look very sharp indeed!

Our second car is a black Pontiac G8GT and actually has a very similar look/stance, although nowhere as high end as your Jag of coarse. If you glance at my Avatar you can see it beside my Caddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXtranceformed View Post
    Haha wow this thread is still going! To snofun's credit, it did get bumped by a fanboi when it could have just died. I don't have any particular beef with Cadillacs even after the issues I had with mine...in fact I am debating picking up an ATS for my wife in a few years when the lease is up on her Hyundai. You just kind of have to expect some cross contamination of rough QC from any auto maker that also makes cars for the masses / rental fleets.

To CTSChick's point I would be happy to pop in every now and then to give my thoughts on ownership and service experiences. I found the service at our local Cadillac dealer to be impeccable. They fixed quite a number of issues that normally wouldn't be covered under warranty and did not seem to care about the couple of mods I had. The closest Jaguar dealership is owned by a family who is good friends with a good friend of mine. They helped me initially in my car search but didnt quite have the reach to find what I was looking for. They are really good people and most of the local Jag enthusiasts recommend them so I am hoping that works out in the long run. My biggest concern right now is whether or not they will honor the extended warranty if I decide to install an aftermarket exhaust. Hopefully will have some more clarity on that next week.

Since this got bumped again I might as well put up a few pics since it just left the tint shop yesterday! I went back this morning to take my wife's car to get tinted and they were having a photoshoot for their new website. They asked if they could line up my car with a bunch of other high end customs and take pictures for the site so I said sure! I don't have any of those but here it is in front of the shop and outside of Gander Mountain.

Again I have nothing but peace and love for the Caddy community! I learned a lot while I was here and I am really curious to keep up on the new twin turbo CTS's and possibly the ATS-V because that could be truly an excellent car.
    WRXtranceformed likes this.

How are you guys making out with the Jags?
    bluefleetwood likes this.

bluefleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1964Fleetwood60Spcl,1976EldoradoConv,2009CTS4BlackCherryDI

Quote Originally Posted by WRXtranceformed View Post

HMMM, Interesting. Is there a reason you took this picture of the oil in front of theeeee "KITTY" litter?

Jaguar was my second choice. However when I was dealing with the Massive Laundry list of things that kept my CTS in the shop, I too came very close to unloading it for an XF. The main reason I didn't was I didn't want to take that big a hit financially. CTS' value drop drastically. After 4 years of annoying bugs, they are all gone for now and I am enjoying my CTS once more.

I will pick a Jag one day and I've always wanted one. My wife loves them as well. We said that when we bring one home, we would put a saucer of milk on the floor in front of it.

As my wife would be driving the car into the garage for the first time. I would be inside with the milk saying...."Here Kitty kitty kitty".
    Hope you're enjoying your Feline!
    PRRRRRRRRRRR!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.