Goodbye CTS, in with the new - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Goodbye CTS, in with the new in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Stop researching stuff and quoting numbers, no offence but you sound like one of those young guys just out of ...
    conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D

Re: Goodbye CTS, in with the new

Stop researching stuff and quoting numbers, no offence but you sound like one of those young guys just out of school who know everything cause they read it in a book.

Sweet looking car and even if one day it won't start you will still look awesome in the driveway
    WRXtranceformed likes this.

WRXtranceformed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    Looks good how about an interior shot?
    Here's a few I just hosted:

Attached Images

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Those upper pillars and the headliner is what Cadillac should be doing or already should have been doing with the CTS instead of using the same Cashmere/tweed like interior like they use on the Chevy's and ect.

The center console & dash look dated but would fall into personal preference to me but they look functional.
    I like the fighter jet console's like the Cadillac CTS & ATS minus the silver plastic and or glossy black finishes, They should have been wrapped like the dash and ect. IMO for a much classier look.

I like the functional look though to like Lotus use's and similar to that Jag

Looks nice good luck with it.

joekitch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor View Post
    Stop researching stuff and quoting numbers, no offence but you sound like one of those young guys just out of school who know everything cause they read it in a book.
    yes, because factual objective evidence, and not anecdotal evidence, is for squares and silly young'ins
    luckily the american judicial system agrees with you. hooray for lawyers!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by WRXtranceformed View Post
    Here's a few I just hosted:
    oh i am seriously digging that center console and the gauge cluster, feels very 60s

Quote Originally Posted by joekitch View Post
    yes, because factual objective evidence, and not anecdotal evidence, is for squares and silly young'ins
    luckily the american judicial system agrees with you. hooray for lawyers!

----------

oh i am seriously digging that center console and the gauge cluster, feels very 60s
    Haha who is this kid? Official CTS forum troll?
    Don't worry son, maybe you'll get to play with the big kids someday.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

WRXtranceformed, congrats on getting yourself a 2010 Jag XFR. Very nice. Overall the car looks great, inside and out, and in many ways appears to be quite a luxurious step-up from the more 'plebeian' CTS.
    To be honest I'm not a big fan of the front end styling of the XF - specifically the bright center grille. Perhaps it would grow on me? If I owned an XF I think I'd try to tone down the look of the grille by applying a black-out look to it to match the look of the lower left and right mini grilles. Some of the Jaguar XF photos (latest models?) I have viewed online show a blacked-out grille.
    Over the coming months try to re-visit this thread and update us on how the ownership experience has been going for you. Thanks.
    Best of luck with your lovely new car.
    /R

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK
    Those upper pillars and the headliner is what Cadillac should be doing or already should have been doing with the CTS instead of using the same Cashmere/tweed like interior like they use on the Chevy's and ect. The center console & dash look dated but would fall into personal preference to me but they look functional. I like the fighter jet console's like the Cadillac CTS & ATS minus the silver plastic and or glossy black finishes, They should have been wrapped like the dash and ect. IMO for a much classier look. I like the functional look though to like Lotus use's and similar to that Jag Looks nice good luck with it.
    I'm kinda with you on that. To me the layout seems a little plain. I like the wraparound effect, but as you said, it's a matter of personal preference. I like the silhouette of the Jags, but not so sure about the grille. I do like how the control knob rises from the console.

roggy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 STS, 02 STS, 08 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXtranceformed
    The day came, I just sent off the CTS to a new home: It has been a great ride and I really enjoyed learning about Cadillacs and being a part of the community for a few years! At the end of the day, the CTS was a great all around car and a fantastic commuter but it is just not an exciting car for me. I wanted something that I could blow off some steam in. I looked at a CTS-V or an ATS as a replacement for this car, as well as the IS-F, M56S, even a GT500. I finally decided on a low mileage enthusiast owned Jaguar XFR: Tons of power and performance, one of the best performance / daily driver suspensions I have ever experienced and a high level of interior and amenity quality. I am sure I will still lurk here from time to time...when the ATS's come off of lease in a few years I may pick up a Premium for my wife As a side note, I have a Trifecta Red EZFlash Cable that was used maybe 3 times if anyone is thinking about tuning their car and want to score a discount on a gently used one. PM me if you are interested
    The trifecta red cable still avail?

The vents close shut when you turn off the car and then slowly reopen when you turn it on. It's a cool effect, apparently it was designed to prevent that initial puff in the face of air con when the system first turns on. I am also a big fan of the two tone interiors (London Tan / Black, Red / Black) with the more traditional wood grains:

The XJ, which is a level above the XF, has a MUCH nicer interior but also significantly more expensive:

Quote Originally Posted by roggy View Post
    The trifecta red cable still avail?
    It is, $100.00 shipped to anywhere in the US seems to be the going rate!
    CTSCHICK likes this.

99flhr is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS

Nice looking car, congratulations and enjoy.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

I came back just to look at the headliner pic again oh so nice hehe

Quote Originally Posted by WRXtranceformed View Post
    Haha who is this kid? Official CTS forum troll?
    Don't worry son, maybe you'll get to play with the big kids someday.
    i am confused and a bit worried
    are you saying anecdotal evidence (what your friend told you) is better and more reliable than objective evidence(what everyone else said, plus some experts on the topic)?
    thats not a good way to approach problems

snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by joekitch View Post
    i am confused and a bit worried
    are you saying anecdotal evidence (what your friend told you) is better and more reliable than objective evidence(what everyone else said, plus some experts on the topic)?
    thats not a good way to approach problems
    Great, being lectured by some 23 yo, who, no doubt has HUDGE experience with cars and life experience.

Look, I've owned more cars than years you've been alive, and notwithstanding all the things you can quote, my CTS was the WORST experience as far as reliability I've ever had. It made my mid-80's X-car and Regals look good, and they were complete junk. My XF(s) have been a joy, and are so far more into the luxury experience that there's virtually no comparison. Enjoy your faux leather, wood and "performance", and when you grow up and understand and appreciate real stuff, then stop trolling and stop saying dumb stuff.

So anyway, we get it, you bought an old CTS and are trying to act like you know what you're talking about. You're not doing so good so far, just fyi.

Using a CTS as a benchmark for reliability is just so completely clueless. Completely.

Quote Originally Posted by snofun3 View Post
    Great, being lectured by some 23 yo, who, no doubt has HUDGE experience with cars and life experience.

Look, I've owned more cars than years you've been alive, and notwithstanding all the things you can quote, my CTS was the WORST experience as far as reliability I've ever had. It made my mid-80's X-car and Regals look good, and they were complete junk. My XF(s) have been a joy, and are so far more into the luxury experience that there's virtually no comparison. Enjoy your faux leather, wood and "performance", and when you grow up and understand and appreciate real stuff, then stop trolling and stop saying dumb stuff.

So anyway, we get it, you bought an old CTS and are trying to act like you know what you're talking about. You're not doing so good so far, just fyi.

Using a CTS as a benchmark for reliability is just so completely clueless. Completely.
    never said anything about benchmarks for reliability, thats a honda. just saying to be careful with a jag since by almost every standard, they will bite you, and are less reliable than a cts in most cases. you may get lucky in the long run, but expect the worst and hope for the best. And definately dont drive that poor cat like its a honda!

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
    Congratulations!

It is kind of funny but my wife just informed me that my next car will be Jag.....and I will pay for that!

Enjoy you ride. It is not a bad choice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.