Hard drive clearing with no NAV??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Hard drive clearing with no NAV?? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; So how do you delete all the music on the hard drive if you don't have the NAV option?? I ...
    dlpuette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 AWD Performance Coupe, 2011 Harley ElectraGlide Limited

Hard drive clearing with no NAV??

So how do you delete all the music on the hard drive if you don't have the NAV option?? I have the Bose system and a 40 gig hard drive, but no NAV.

I've tried unsuccessfully 4 times to transfer the music from my iPhone to the drive. I moved all the iTunes music to a USB stick and took the time to organize everything, make sure all the artist names, album names, song titles are organized properly etc. I only have about 7 gig worth of music. I start the transfer and after about 45 min, it's less than half done. I stopped the car because I reached my destination and assumed when I got back in, I could resume the transfer. No such luck!!! It started all over again!! I didn't know it till it had started. I tried this a few more times and never had the time to keep the car running long enough to get through the whole thing.

Now what I have is 4 copies of all the songs that transferred!!! It's a real mess. So I want to blank it all and start again. There has to be a way of deleting everything on a non NAV unit. Anybody able to help??

Once I get it cleared, my plan is to only put about 1 or 2 gig worth of songs on the USB stick, transfer those complete. Then erase the stick, put the next 1 or two gig on etc. Hopefully I can get it all on there in steps like this. I just can't leave my car running for 4 hrs to do it all at one time!! Unless anyone has a better way to get this much on there, seems I have no choice.

Would love some help on this!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Hard drive clearing with no NAV??

Bumping in hope of a remedy!

RAB
    RAB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Apologies dlpuette, but I think there's very little info here /among forum members regarding special/unpublished command functions for the "U2S" 40GB HDD (non-Nav) radio unit that's installed in your '13 Coupe. I've checked and there's nothing of note in the CTS Service Manual. Unfortunately I think the best source of information for the system is in your CTS owner's manual.
    As info, I have owned three 2nd Gen CTS's - a 2008, a 2009 and a 2011 (current car). All three vehicles have been equipped with the "UAV" Nav/Infotainment radio system, which I know quite a lot about. I haven't a clue about the radio unit in your car though!

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

It is in your owner's manual and I have the same system. I don't have the manual in front of me, but if I recall, when the HDD is used and you hit config button, it gives an option. I know I've loaded music recently, and somewhere along the way, there was an option to erase the HDD. It's there just look.

I'm on the bike today, but I'll check it out tonight. I know I read that owner's manual cover to cover (I always do with a new car!), but may have missed that. Thanks for the help guys!!!

Rab - I'm still trying to find time to track down that pink wire! haven't given up yet!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.