Swapping bits between CTS years (instrument panel, seats, ect), and where to source? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Swapping bits between CTS years (instrument panel, seats, ect), and where to source? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by gohawks63 It is an analog gauge not a digital one. On the V the boost gauge replaces ...
    ajazolino is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    It is an analog gauge not a digital one. On the V the boost gauge replaces the oil pressure gauge that is on the non-V models. Between and below the fuel and temp gauges. It has nothing to do with the DiC. I would also not assume it is simple replace. You may have to flash the body control computer. I have a Mustang and hang out in those forums. Ford made three interior trim levels for those cars (2005-2013) base, deluxe and premium. The premium level had full instrumentation (fuel, charge, temp and oil). There were guys with base and deluxe models who went to salvage yards and picked up a cluster from a premium model and were bummed when it wouldn't work. Apparently the computers weren't recognizing the cluster as belonging in the car. They had to go to the dealer to have them reflash the BCM to have it recognize the new part.
    Yea. I think this might be the case. I just did the swap with a cts v cluster. The whole cars electrical system is going haywire. Service air bag service suspension system. Tach needed delayed. Radio staying on after power off doors open. Buttons not working. Maybe need to have a dealer flash it?

joekitch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Oh, I was fully expecting to need to go to a dealer for a reflash, im familiar with low level computer systems and how desperately they depend on proper, agreed exchange of data. To make things more complicated I'd probably also have to request that they roll the odometer to match the car's, since the miles are stored in the cluster itself.

But... How do you 'request' a reflash from the dealer? And how much might that even cost?

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Re: Swapping bits between CTS years (instrument panel, seats, ect), and where to sour

Quote Originally Posted by joekitch View Post
    Also recaro seats from the V on every model year except 2009 is a plug and play replacement for the CTS seats, as long as you have the premium CTS with seat cooling. Floor bolts are the same, plugs are the same too.
    Better double check on that. Not saying that's not true, but I have read around here that the tracks are different.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Re: Swapping bits between CTS years (instrument panel, seats, ect), and where to sour

Quote Originally Posted by joekitch View Post
    Oh, I was fully expecting to need to go to a dealer for a reflash, im familiar with low level computer systems and how desperately they depend on proper, agreed exchange of data. To make things more complicated I'd probably also have to request that they roll the odometer to match the car's, since the miles are stored in the cluster itself.

But... How do you 'request' a reflash from the dealer? And how much might that even cost?
    Maybe contacting a dealer would give you both answers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post

Maybe contacting a dealer would give you both answers?
    Heh, I guarantee they're going to tell me to buzz off unless I say the right things and talk to the right people, hence why I'm asking here

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

You may have an easier time finding an independent shop that has an OBI-II and is familiar with the process. A local tuner should have the cred.

No option will work until he buys a CTS!

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

Joe doesn't own a CTS?

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    You may have an easier time finding an independent shop that has an OBI-II and is familiar with the process. A local tuner should have the cred.
    Hmm, didn't think of tuning shops, I guess they do this kinda stuff every day

Quote Originally Posted by MotownPimp View Post
    Joe doesn't own a CTS?

No he doesn't own a CTS. He's just wasting space here until he gets serious and buys one that isn't a totaled wreck (because he'll then keep posting trying to find out how to get it running at our expense of time). Here's a challenge Joe, buy a CTS that isn't totaled or a salvage car!

Marv
    EVH5150 likes this.

No he doesn't own a CTS. He's just wasting space here until he gets serious and buys one that isn't a totaled wreck (because he'll then keep posting trying to find out how to get it running at our expense of time). Here's a challenge Joe, but a CTS that isn't totaled or a salvage car!

Marv
    Well aren't you a charming and warm fellow

Joe,

The fact is that you don't own a CTS, but you keep posting asking questions or putting up posts that MIGHT make people think you know something about a CTS.

Yes, I am an adult and would be willing to help those that truly need help. You don't because you don't seem to be willing to pull the trigger on a CTS other than one that needs work to get it in top shape. Tell me I'm wrong, I have been before! Challenge on!

Your warm and charming friend, Marv

ajazolino is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS
    Talked to dealer and a company that does this work for the dealer. It will take a tech 2 to program the cluster to the car. Even then it may not work because some clusters are unable to be reprogrammed after a certain number of miles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Joe,

The fact is that you don't own a CTS, but you keep posting asking questions or putting up posts that MIGHT make people think you know something about a CTS.

Yes, I am an adult and would be willing to help those that truly need help. You don't because you don't seem to be willing to pull the trigger on a CTS other than one that needs work to get it in top shape. Tell me I'm wrong, I have been before! Challenge on!

Your warm and charming friend, Marv
    Well, yeah, I'm not going to be in a car buying position until next month. As I've mentioned multiple times.
    And I prefer to wrench my own cars instead of turning my nose up at any mileage over a hundred thousand, and throwing my hands up and sprinting to a dealer the moment I hear a rattle from the back.
    I mean shoot, there's plenty of BMWs with very high mileage since their owners know how to take care of and work on cars.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ajazolino View Post
    Talked to dealer and a company that does this work for the dealer. It will take a tech 2 to program the cluster to the car. Even then it may not work because some clusters are unable to be reprogrammed after a certain number of miles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Thanks for that. I'll start asking around tuning shops for a tech 2 and get some more data from em'

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

A little less conversation, a little more action please
    All this aggravation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more bite and a little less bark
    Etc.

elvis8main1.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.