Adding Remote Start on CTS? any way to know if its "remote start ready"? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Adding Remote Start on CTS? any way to know if its "remote start ready"? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; After reading so many threads on this topic I don't understand why no one has bothered to mention that you ...
    Cali08CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS F3 suspension

Re: Adding Remote Start on CTS? any way to know if its "remote start ready"?

After reading so many threads on this topic I don't understand why no one has bothered to mention that you can just check to see if you have the vehicle code for remote start?

Psycleridr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Sport Wagon AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Cali08CTS View Post
    After reading so many threads on this topic I don't understand why no one has bothered to mention that you can just check to see if you have the vehicle code for remote start?
    where would one that was so inclined to try doing this find such a code?

----------

If anyone has updated info on adding Remote Start to a 2011 please feel free to chime in. I did do a search and this was the most recent one which gives a glimmer of hope. All the older threads tell me I am SOL
    I would really like to add if possible but if its not I dont want to waste my time on continuing to find a solution. Thanks

redheadedrod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Base CTS

Find a Carstar dealer and they can tell you if their system is compatible.. Chances are that it is. They will work fine on 2009 as I am told and I will be getting one likely with the Drone like I have on my truck. (Drone allows internet access through your cell phone or pc.)

Rodney

next2pool is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2016 CTS Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Psycleridr View Post
    where would one that was so inclined to try doing this find such a code?

----------

If anyone has updated info on adding Remote Start to a 2011 please feel free to chime in. I did do a search and this was the most recent one which gives a glimmer of hope. All the older threads tell me I am SOL
    I would really like to add if possible but if its not I dont want to waste my time on continuing to find a solution. Thanks
    I added remote start to my 2011 with a GM kit that consisted of 2 new key fobs, a new hood latch, and a new keyless module that mounts on the rear package shelf. I believe it was $250. The dealer did have to program the new module. Works perfectly and also enabled my Onstar App to start the car.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS-V Long Roof 6MT; '10 CTS Long Roof, '16 ATS-V Sedan

A new hood latch?

250 is not a bad price.

techtype is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Luxury Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    A new hood latch?

250 is not a bad price.
    The hood latch ties into the alarm system and is required by the computer to authorize a remote start. I am surprised that the Onstar App works for remote start as almost no-one else has been able to get this working with the factory kit without a protracted battle with Onstar support.
    tinman likes this.

Psycleridr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Sport Wagon AWD

thanks for the response. Ill check with dealer

next2pool is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2016 CTS Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by techtype View Post
    The hood latch ties into the alarm system and is required by the computer to authorize a remote start. I am surprised that the Onstar App works for remote start as almost no-one else has been able to get this working with the factory kit without a protracted battle with Onstar support.
    There was no battle or even a phone call. If I recall, there were 3 modules that had to be reprogrammed by the dealer and updating the app to the latest version is all it took.

----------

Here you go: kit p/n 22839316 $202 at GMpartsdirect This is for 2011 and 2012 cars with heated seats.

Or Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-Ca...dVoXWh&vxp=mtr

for $175 These kits include 2 new fobs, the reciever, and the hood latch

----------

BTW, the statement about factory remote start required for Onstar app to work is incorrect on the Ebay listing.

KirkEllis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4
    [QUOTE="next2pool;15314337"]

There was no battle or even a phone call. If I recall, there were 3 modules that had to be reprogrammed by the dealer and updating the app to the latest version is all it took.

----------

I can't believe it. I researched remote start about a year ago on my car (non Cadillac) It was gonna cost around $700 so I assumed my 2011 Cadillac CTS4 would be close to the same price. I can't believe I found this plug-in-play unit on eBay. Item # 111630424612. Thanks for the insightful info. Much appreciated!

10. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.