2011 cts-v remote battery
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2011 cts-v remote battery in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Can the remote battery be charged by installing it into the center console slot? My remote seems to be acting ...
    akh
    akh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 DTS 2011 CTS-V COUPE

2011 cts-v remote battery

Can the remote battery be charged by installing it into the center console slot? My remote seems to be acting up and wonder if the battery is getting low? thanks Anthony

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    No, the fob takes a button cell battery. I put in a new CR2032 and it stopped acting up on me.

Are you getting the "key not detected" message?

arw1510 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

Re: 2011 cts-v remote battery

cannot be charged, but if your battery is low and the car is having trouble picking up the signal, the best place to put it is in that slot in the center until you go put a new battery in the remote

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

Re: 2011 cts-v remote battery

Inductive charging of key fobs is a actually a cool idea. GM should take note! (Although people probably wouldn't bother to take the keys out of their pocket or purse to charge, so it may not be practical.) Unfortunately, as the others said, the button battery in the keyless remotes has to be replaced when it gets old. You may get a key fob battery low warning or your car may just start acting weird (doors locking unpredictably when you're inside the car, not letting you in the car without pushing the remote unlock button, no key detected messages, etc.).

A word of caution: I carefully followed the instructions for replacing the battery and my fob still easily cracked. My dealer nicely replaced it for me free of charge, but I won't chance that again. I'd definitely take it to the dealer and ask them to change it for you. Whatever the extra cost is for the battery, it's worth it to have them replace the expensive fob if they break it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.