New 325 hp Wagon, but it's a Volvo
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, New 325 hp Wagon, but it's a Volvo in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Volvo announces engines for upcoming V60 Sportswagon 325-horsepower T6 R-Design mill tops the range Volvo V60 for the U.S. market ...
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

New 325 hp Wagon, but it's a Volvo

Volvo announces engines for upcoming V60 Sportswagon
    325-horsepower T6 R-Design mill tops the range

Volvo V60 for the U.S. market Volvo
    The 325 horsepower T6 is just one of the engines that'll be available on the V60.

By: Jay Ramey on 9/24/2013

Volvo has been listening to its U.S. fanbase, and that's why next year we're going to get the fastest and most powerful wagon in Volvo history. Yes, is sounds like a good chunk of Volvo's U.S. fanbase is made up entirely of automotive journalists. Otherwise, how can one explain the presence of the 3.0-liter 325 horsepower and 354 lb-ft of torque T6 engine in the upcoming V60 R-Design? We're just glad that proper Volvo wagons are back, though we're still not sure why the U.S. didn't get the V60 wagon before just about every other global market did.

Don't worry, if the V60 R-Design proves to be too much of a good thing there are slightly mellower versions in the V60 engine lineup. The V60 will offer engines from the new Drive-E family of powerplants, diesel and gasoline engines that use turbocharging and direct injection. But the U.S. won't be getting the diesel version of the Drive-E engine, which snatches away our dream (and the dream of many Volvo buyers, for sure) of being able to buy a brown diesel wagon with a manual transmission.

One of the available engines will be a 240 horsepower 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine, admittedly making quite a bit more power than we were used to with the Volvo wagons of yore. The 2.0-liter T5 will be coupled with front wheel-drive.

Another available powerplant will be the 2.5-liter turbocharged five-cylinder engine making 250 horsepower, and it'll be coupled with Volvo's all wheel-drive system.

"This is an exciting time of transformation for Volvo and shows our Swedish heart is beating strongly. The V60 signifies our first step in a gradual move toward powerful, highly efficient, four-cylinder engines across the entire portfolio of our vehicles" said Volvo Cars of North America President and CEO John Maloney.

The bottom line is: all of the engines in the V60 will offer plenty of power, and will channel it via eight-speed automatic transmissions. Expect start-stop and other fuel saving measures when the V60 hit Volvo dealerships early next year. There's no mention of pricing for the V60 just yet, but we will let you know as soon as Volvo releases more details on the V60.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...#ixzz2fpWMiaiv
    Follow us: @AutoweekUSA on Twitter | AutoweekUSA on Facebook

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sliderule01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

Re: New 325 hp Wagon, but it's a Volvo

I have the T5 Turbo in my 2002 V70 wagon AWD and it is quick. Much quicker than my CTS. The engine in the Volvo is rock solid, however maintenance costs are high. I have own 11 volvos before buying my CTS. Certainly the seats in my Volvo were better, but I like my CTS Wagon - but the Volvo has more room for hauling stuff.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by sliderule01
    I have the T5 Turbo in my 2002 V70 wagon AWD and it is quick. Much quicker than my CTS. The engine in the Volvo is rock solid, however maintenance costs are high. I have own 11 volvos before buying my CTS. Certainly the seats in my Volvo were better, but I like my CTS Wagon - but the Volvo has more room for hauling stuff.
    Not to take this thread too off topic but did you ever own an 850 T5 R? I did for a short period of time and absolutely loved it! That car was well tuned and the whole package was awesome!

sliderule01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

Re: New 325 hp Wagon, but it's a Volvo

The T5 turbo in my Volvo was the same as the 850R. The V70 AWD wagon with the T5 Turbo is essentially a R version without the R emblems and about 20 HP. Surprisingly quick and very nice handling. I will say that my CTS handles much heavier but is much more enjoyable to travel on the interstate, and much quieter. Hopefully less maintenance (I just replaced the tranny in the V70) after 150K miles. Certainly it is a different type of car - both are nice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.