Is this repairable? (to all the autobody experts out there) - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Is this repairable? (to all the autobody experts out there) in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by jeffc83 I understand you want a wagon but I found some 08 CTS sedans for around $10k ...
    joekitch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Is this repairable? (to all the autobody experts out there)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    I understand you want a wagon but I found some 08 CTS sedans for around $10k that all have over 100k miles with no damage. That would be your best bet... Here's one example: http://www.autotrader.com/ATCarID/AT...r_id=354453878
    indeed i have seen quite a few of those and thats my more reasonable goal. you can even cet cts premiums with all the goodies for like 13 grand if you look hard enough.

but, man, that #swagon....
    id be totally fine with a functioning rebuilt title wagon or something beat to hell with high miles, its just impossible to find that sine the wagon is just so rare to begin with

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    I can tell the wagon is your only option...keep searching, a good solid one with high mileage will eventually turn up!

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

None at any Cadillac dealers in Jacksonville. I will check Autotrader tomorrow.

I can tell the wagon is your only option...keep searching, a good solid one with high mileage will eventually turn up!
    fair enough, i have various search alerts humming away on ebay and cars.com and autotrader at the moment. As a bonus i dont really need the car asap, i was doing preliminary research

----------

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    None at any Cadillac dealers in Jacksonville. I will check Autotrader tomorrow.
    i appreciate the assist but i doubt anything will appear at that specific location anytime soon, across the whole of the US these mythical beasts might only appear on rare occasion. basically if i dont find one before november or sometbing i'd just default to the sedan

it'd be great if i could take over financing for one though, only problem is it might be kinda pricey per month (like 500+ for 8 years or something silly). not to mention i have no way to searcn specifically for people who want to exchange their finance

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Are they really that hard to find?

Guess I got lucky getting my 2010 right in town for what I think cheap, I think the price can go either way, they are rare so don't sell as easy but they are rare so people want them.

Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor
    Are they really that hard to find? Guess I got lucky getting my 2010 right in town for what I think cheap, I think the price can go either way, they are rare so don't sell as easy but they are rare so people want them.
    The wagon is a unique piece of Cadillac art! (Especially in the 12k dollar range)

The wagon is a unique piece of Cadillac art! (Especially in the 12k dollar range)
    id be more than willing to push up to 15k mind you
    kelly blue book puts that at about 130k miles on a 2010, thats gunna be rare.
    to put that many miles on in alittle under 4 years means driving over 2700 miles per month

^^Agreed...it's going to be hard to find one.

Every year that passes, you'll have a greater chance of finding that perfectly priced wagon.

dreiloft is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by dreiloft
    If it's in Miami I would go look at it for you.
    You are welcome for my offer!

Quote Originally Posted by dreiloft View Post
    You are welcome for my offer!
    oh, sorry about that. i decided against going for that place in miami simply because they do not do down payments by credit card, which is a massive scam alert, or at best bad practice. you can dispute a credit card transaction but wiring funds is one way. if they smash all the glass just for fun before sending it to me, there's legally nothing i can do.

I understand you want a wagon but I found some 08 CTS sedans for around $10k that all have over 100k miles with no damage. That would be your best bet... Here's one example: http://www.autotrader.com/ATCarID/AT...r_id=354453878
    also, i actually saw this ad a few days ago while sleuthing cars.com. it is actually too good to be true. the fine print has such gems like
    Price shown is 50% discounted Internet price.
    and
    Must finance internet discount price thru dealer to get advertised deal, payments, rates and options. Credit score must be over 780+ to get advertised deal
    pope francis may have a credit score of 780+, but i dont know about anyone else

1. Better get the internet price!!! Is NOT worth 20k!
    2. Not gloating but my credit score is there but I still wouldn't use their crappy financing for a 10k dollar car.

MoFex is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
    Quote Originally Posted by joekitch

also, i actually saw this ad a few days ago while sleuthing cars.com. it is actually too good to be true. the fine print has such gems like

and

pope francis may have a credit score of 780+, but i dont know about anyone else
    Hm, my rating is 806, my wife's 805. So it is not that rare as you think

Back to the topic, be very careful with the car. I have the feeling the repair would send you back quite a few $$$. Not worth it.

arachnyd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

I'd consider buying it.

But if your buying it because its "all you can afford", run, run, run. a "price" isn't the same as "cost". This has a high cost and potentially a really high cost depending on what shows up later. If you have half a million dollars and free time to play with it, maybe its worth it. If your hoping to get a cheap wagon, run.

This would be a good project for:
    -someone who wants a custom build anyway
    -A shop with excess capacity and downtime
    -A home mechanic with skill, time, and money who just wants to play with it

The problem is, for most people the value is likely in parting it out. The interior, engine, transmission, nav unit, etc. are worth more than the asking price

Honestly if I bought it, here's what I'd do- I'd refinish the top without a sunroof, or find a totaled car and buy the top clip to weld on.
    I'd inspect the top in depth, get rid of the rust, and add necessary reinforcement and refinishing as necessary.
    On the interior I'd put a "custom" ceiling panel in by the way we do on classic cars, but finishing a board and screwing it to the roof panel.
    I'd open up the doors and inspect for water/rust. If there is any water I'd refinish and repaint the interior of the doors.

If I had to pay someone to do that, it would probably cost 5k+. If I did it myself, maybe $500+
    MoFex likes this.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

This car needs to be gutted and caged, problem solved

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.