Anyone hit 200k miles yet?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Anyone hit 200k miles yet? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I'm at 140k, and have been starting to see repair costs mount up, so came really close to buying a ...
    Danielg280 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Anyone hit 200k miles yet?

I'm at 140k, and have been starting to see repair costs mount up, so came really close to buying a new car a few weeks ago, but was not excited about having another car payment, so decided to try to squeeze a few more years out of my 08 AWD. I put on 30k per year, so that would put me at 200k. Passed up a REALLY good deal on a Ford Fusion Energi (plug in electric), so really hoping I didn't make a bad choice, which got me to wondering if anyone has made it to 200k on a 2nd generation CTS?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dandunham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS performance mdl 3.6L

Re: Anyone hit 200k miles yet?

No payment is a wonderful thing! I would think going from a CTS to a Fusion might be a bit difficult - not that the Fusion isn't a nice car but it seems like a step down or two. Save the money and go with another CTS in two years just wondering. what kind of issues have you had so far. I am just getting started with my 2011 at a bit over 22K and I like to keep my cars for a long time.

Douglas Rome is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-4 3.0 Base sedan black/black

we'll never see 200k on our 2011, got it with 22k on it and Linda only drives 5k per year, her last car before this one had 32k on it and it was about 6-1/2yrs old. I did have a car with well over 200k on it, a 1985 Impala small block. thanks, douglas

BreakingThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Thunder Gray '08 CTS 3.6 FE2 Premium

Also wondering what kind of repairs you have been seeing at your mileage.

The Fusion is a great looking car from the outside (particularly the front, love the grille detail), but I found the inside to be a bit of a letdown, especially coming from a luxry car. Even the MKZ's interior isn't too impressive IMO.

Benzgas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Premium Coupe

That's pretty high mileage. LOL
    My wife just trade in her 2010 Honda Accord EXL 6 Cyl. with a little more than 13K miles on it for a new 13 CTS Coupe. Before that she traded in her 2006 MB C280 with 22K on it.
    I am already driving the CTS more than her last 2 cars on the weekends to get the mileage up. I'm tired of her getting new cars every time they are close to being paid off. Certainly don't get much more on a trade because of the low mileage.[COLOR="Silver"]

Ramv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I too like the Fusion but the hybrid in general is a terrible idea. (Unless you have a very short commute to take advantage of the plug in capacity. Then it is state/power grid specific. Some places like Ca have terrible power supply options) I have a Vw with 150k+, a Chevy with 143k and a dodge with 132. The Chevy is by far the best so I am hoping the CTs follows suit. We'll be about 8 years to get there though.

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Talking about mileage. My wife has an 03 Honda CRV with 245,000 miles. Thinks oil changes should be every 8000-10,000 miles and the oil change sticker on the window is just a decoration. The CRV has been trouble free as it is her roaming office. To be a nice guy I bought her a 2010 white diamond tricoat awd performance wagon this spring and she won't drive it as it gives the wrong impression, so it sits in the hanger with a trickle charger on the jump post under the hood with 20,000 miles......maybe someday but for now it looks like Cadillac will make money on the 1300 bucks I spent to get it Cadillac Certified.

Danielg280 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The big recent repair was replacing stretched timing chains ($1300) plus a few hundred more for routine maintenance. Was told I will soon be needing new rear brakes, and have a wheel bearing in the early stages of failure, so there's 500 more on the horizon. About 6 months ago I had a broken tire sensor, and had to replace worn spark plugs and front brakes (another 700).

Over the last few years I also had a couple of significant repairs under warranty that would have been in the 750-1000 range. Don't recall exactly what they were but I believe they involved replacement of fuel injectors and throttle body, and at least one put me in limp mode halfway through my 75 mile drive to work.

I actually really liked the Fusion. The interior was not as upscaleas the CTS, and the car was nowhere near as fun to drive, but 5 years of technology improvements were a nice upgrade (I have one of the early '08s that doesn't have Bluetooth, something I REALLY miss on my long commute), and I thought the seats were a lot more comfortable than my CTS. Also, they are having trouble selling the plug-ins, so I was able to get a great deal on a13. With the federal tax credit I could have gotten one fully loaded for the same price as a regular hybrid. It would have saved me about $2k/year on gas.

Xtant12 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS-AWD DI ( Hot Lava Edition )

Im at 126k and I just replaced the drivers axel because boot was leaking and the hub. My CTS sounded like a air plane. Besides that just tune up at 115k and air filter!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.