service records
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, service records in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; we got the complete service records from Crest Cadillac from the date the car was new. It shows only oil ...
    Douglas Rome is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-4 3.0 Base sedan 2nd owner bought used 22Kmi

service records

we got the complete service records from Crest Cadillac from the date the car was new. It shows only oil changes and tire rotation, three in total. the car has been in service for 3yrs. it's got about 40% oil life right now so I'll be taking it in soon. The record does not reflect that the two air filters have ever been changed, at least at a dealership. I bought both filters and will tackle the job in a few days, they are a little more complicated than and the old filter sitting on top of the carburetor. Should't be too bad though. What prompted me to start this thread is the service plan provided by Cadillac for the first 4yrs, does it not include air filters? the manual says once a year?
    thanks, Douglas

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Re: service records

Right from Cadillac's website.

http://www.cadillac.com/owners/shiel...-benefits.html

PREMIUM CARE MAINTENANCEPREMIUM CARE MAINTENANCE

Standard on all 2011 and newer vehicles, Cadillac’s Premium Care Maintenance program covers routine oil changes, tire rotations, certain air filter replacements and a thorough multipoint vehicle inspection for 4 years or 50,000 miles. Mercedes-Benz and Lexus programs do not

While Cadillac's program is OK and they may be better than Mercedes and Lexus, it comes no where close to BMW.

They cover EVERYTHING from a maintenance perspective for the first 50K miles. That includes brakes, brake fluid changes, wipers, cabin filter replacements... EVERYTHING.

My wife's X5 just had the front brakes replaced at 40K miles and the onboard computer is calling for the rear brakes to be replaced in the next 3K-5K miles. That included pad and rotor replacement (they don't machine the rotors). They didn't cheap out.

Douglas Rome is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-4 3.0 Base sedan 2nd owner bought used 22Kmi

that's a great BMW addy .............

that's kinda what I figured too about air filters, but I have the service records, only oil the only thing done. that story (and it may very well be just that, a story) the car was off a lease, confirmed by CarFax, the lady who owned it did all her service at Crest Cadillac in Milwaukee, the car came off a 3yr lease and she leased a new one. I'll know more about the filters when I open them up, 3yrs on a filter should be pretty dirty. Maybe tomorrow if I feel like it and it ain't too hot out. thanks, Douglas

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Every pre owned Cadillac that I looked at prior to buying my CTS the dealer already changed the oil & filter, air filter and cabin filter as part of the car prep for resale.
    That includes my CTS that was only 17 months old from the build date when I bought it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.