100mph
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 100mph in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; we.ve had the CTS for about a week now, took it out for a short road trip from Elburn to ...
    Douglas Rome is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-4 3.0 Base sedan 2nd owner bought used 22Kmi

100mph

we.ve had the CTS for about a week now, took it out for a short road trip from Elburn to Sterling about 75mi ride. Out on I-88 I pushed it up to 100mph just for a few seconds, Linda got scared and I had to back off. But the car performed great, no bad vibes or goofy noise or nothing went straight as an arrow. We get a lot of compliments, I say hey it's the American dream to own a Caddy. We stayed overnight in Sterling, the car does not have a very big trunk, but for Linda's shopping trips it's okay. Really my only complaint about the base model is the seat, we were spoiled by memory seat, easy exit seat, heat/cool seat, just have to live without the little things. I'm glad it don't have a moonroof, Linda's three previous cars had and she never used them, waste of money for her, and the horror stories I been raeding about here, just as well don't have. been thinking about getting heated seat put in but looking at about $300 don't know if it's worth it, although we both always comment how nice to have heated seats when it's cold out. thanks, douglas

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Re: 100mph

Too bad you couldn't move up in trim levels, but I understand that sometimes compromises need to be made. The upper trim levels do have memory seats that are heated/cooled.

100 mph is really nothing for most cars today, much less the CTS.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Douglas,

If you are handy at all, you can add heating elements that are available on eBay for about $100 for both seats. Very easy to do and they will make you a hero come Winter! Go for it!

Marv

Marv, too old (lazy) to tackle something like that, maybe 30yrs ago...........

Blackhawks, 100 is 100, you only go around once. the caddy performed well, it's a solid car, should last a few years. the thing about these kinds of forums is most folks who are happy happy happy don't ever make an appearance here. the owners who have issues, they're the ones posting, and rightly so, a lot of money invested and if it don't work you gotta turn somewhere, thanks for forums like this one. wasn't that long ago there was no internet and all this great information was hard to come by.
    thanks, Douglas

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Rome
    Marv, too old (lazy) to tackle something like that, maybe 30yrs ago...........

Blackhawks, 100 is 100, you only go around once. the caddy performed well, it's a solid car, should last a few years. the thing about these kinds of forums is most folks who are happy happy happy don't ever make an appearance here. the owners who have issues, they're the ones posting, and rightly so, a lot of money invested and if it don't work you gotta turn somewhere, thanks for forums like this one. wasn't that long ago there was no internet and all this great information was hard to come by.
    thanks, Douglas
    I have joined forums because I love cars and like to learn as much as I can about them and the sharing of knowledge.

For what it's worth, I love my CTS and have been pleased thus far.

Congrats and enjoy.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Since this is a public forum, I allegedly saw the speedo reading 125 mph with plenty of oomph to go. Rare wide open road so no risk involved. Car rode great. Of course, this is only allegedly and maybe I just dreamed it.
    mnmjack likes this.

Mtlcts4lover is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4 performance pack
    I also had a dream where i saw 193km/h (123 mph) and still plenty of power to keep going but not enough safe road to do so... or the alarm rang..!! Lol

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

I also had a dream where I saw 263 km/h (163 mph) on the speedo. Luckily the dream included a camera, so I snapped a photo.

MoFex, 99flhr, hauler and 3 others like this.

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    I also had a dream where I saw 263 km/h (163 mph) on the speedo. Luckily the dream included a camera, so I snapped a photo.

I even know who and where took this photo

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mtlcts4lover View Post
    I also had a dream where i saw 193km/h (123 mph) and still plenty of power to keep going but not enough safe road to do so... or the alarm rang..!! Lol
    Why just dreaming, just do it
    RAB likes this.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by MoFex View Post
    I even know who and where took this photo
    Yep, me too. But hey, why ruin a good story with the facts?! LOL!

heading south on I-43 between Green Bay and Milwaukee, beautiful sunny day, a Jap car, a German car, a Mustang and me diving a
    1995 Impala SS bringing up the rear. We were averaging 120mph, up to around 140 at times, for about a 30mi stretch. I got scared and
    dropped out, I don't know what happened to those other three knuckleheads. thanks, douglas

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

What about doing 100 in something other than a Cadillac?

I did it once in the Liberty Tubes in Pittsburgh during the morning rush hour. For fyi, the tubes are a pair of side by side tunnels 1 mile long. At rush hour they always back up the entire mile. This day, I got stopped at the light for an extended period of time for a construction worker, and the tubes cleared out except for maybe 10 cars at the light at the end. I turned into the tubes from the light and well, the sight was too enticing to see a clean mile stretch on the way to work. So I floored it and was over 100 at the 1/4 mile mark. Stayed in it a little more then decided the shutdown area was managed by that traffic light, and the fun was over. Yea, I got to the cars waiting for the light before it changed. It was one of those things that you add to the bucket list just to note that you did it once.

explorenorth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 AWD

I wondered if the 280 kmh speedometer in my car was just for show - apparently not (close enough, anyway!) In my Subaru Outback, 160 kmh (100 mph) scared the hell out of my wife - in the CTS she had no idea how fast we were going until I told her.

MaxBuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 DI Blue Diamond

Got up to about 145-150 once. (In a BMW 545i, not the CTS.) I had a former state patrol chief in the passenger seat, and we actually had a valid reason to go that fast.

Never again. Scared the piss out of me.

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck View Post
    Got up to about 145-150 once. (In a BMW 545i, not the CTS.) I had a former state patrol chief in the passenger seat, and we actually had a valid reason to go that fast.

Never again. Scared the piss out of me.
    When I was young and less smart I did 163mph (measured) on a Kawaski H1, three cyl, 2 stroke motorcycle. Strait deserted road in NM north of El Paso. Also, not that long did 150mph (indicated) on a toll road in Houston in my 98 Corvette.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.