speakers out...help :(
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, speakers out...help :( in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; 2008 cts....My radio was fine on the way to work, didn't hear any problems. I never blast my radio at ...
    ladyctscaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

speakers out...help :(

2008 cts....My radio was fine on the way to work, didn't hear any problems. I never blast my radio at all. Went to drive home and no speakers work besides middle back and its a muffled, scratchy sound with the beat. Tried adjusting the sound to the front and nothing comes out. Any help on what's wrong, so I know what I'm looking to spend.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: speakers out...help :(

Quote Originally Posted by ladyctscaddy View Post
    2008 cts....My radio was fine on the way to work, didn't hear any problems. I never blast my radio at all. Went to drive home and no speakers work besides middle back and its a muffled, scratchy sound with the beat. Tried adjusting the sound to the front and nothing comes out. Any help on what's wrong, so I know what I'm looking to spend.
    Hello ladyctscaddy,

I am sorry you are experiencing an issue with your radio speakers. I understand how you are wanting advice from other forum members on your situation. However, if you would like us to help look into this for you, please reach out to us via private message and include your contact information, VIN and current mileage.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

ladyctscaddy,

This one of those things that would be difficult to diagnose from a distance. It could be anything from a loose/pinched wire to a blown amp/radio.

What radio system do you have?

Marv

Leaf 68 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS - RWD/Perf./BlackRaven

My speakers were not working properly last year, sounding faint/muffled...I pulled wires off the amp (in the left side of the trunk) and then pushed them back on the amp. The speakers have worked fine ever since!

Joe
    Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS blk/blk

Any time I pull electrical connectors apart I always stuff the connectors with petroleum jelly before plugging them together. This will keep moisture out reducing corrosion and a poor electrical connection. I also put it on my battery terminals and it will reduce any potential problems with the connectors. You can also use grease it works just as good and wont hurt a thing. Happy Motoring!

buickdude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS-4

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf 68 View Post
    My speakers were not working properly last year, sounding faint/muffled...I pulled wires off the amp (in the left side of the trunk) and then pushed them back on the amp. The speakers have worked fine ever since!
    I have an 08 CTS that was having speaker issues. Mostly during the bluetooth use. I did a lot of research on the matter. If you unplug your wires from your amp and plug them back in it should fix the issue. It helped mine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.