Rust on 2008 CTSDI rear wheelwell
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By C "T" ess
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Rust on 2008 CTSDI rear wheelwell in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Yesterday I noticed bubbling thru the paint on the lip around the rear wheelwell. Has 75000km & otherwise in excellant ...
    swb7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts

Rust on 2008 CTSDI rear wheelwell

Yesterday I noticed bubbling thru the paint on the lip around the rear wheelwell. Has 75000km & otherwise in excellant condition. Took it to a body shop, they said $700 for a 2 year fix & $1400 to do properly, he suggested I contact Cadillac (he also said the drivers side rear is going as well.
    Is this normal? Love the car but dissapointed in the rust.
    I bought it used at a BMW dealer last December so not sure how much help Cadillac will give me.
    Called Cadillac, they weren't much help, seemed to think it won't be covered.
    Tuesday will go to closest dealer & see what they think.
    If no help I like the 300C also so maybe trade in on one; too bad I like the CTSso much but don't need lots of rust.
    Is this a known problem? Thanks for letting me vent.
    Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BlueAngel#07 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE
    Cadillac only warranties are rust through, (has to be completely through from the panel)

Depending on your build date you have a year of warranty against rust through. $1400 ain't bad for complete rust repair if you love the car a lot , if you decide to do it I would make sure that its the only rust problem arising. Done right I doubt it will come back unless you never wash it. Winter road chems kill. You could wait to see if it rusts all the way through before doing the repairs. Your call

rfdude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

Re: Rust on 2008 CTSDI rear wheelwell

Funny, I bought my 2008 CTS4 in June this year with 78,000kms on it and the right rear wheel well had a bubble on it. Took it in for rust warranty and they said they would not cover it as it was not perforated! Coming from an Audi I was livid that I went back to a GM after nearly 12 years. I got over it, had them paint the front hood (lots of stone chips) and the two side passenger doors (dents and scratches on both of them) plus the rear wheel well all for $1000. I was happy with this and since have had no issues with it.

I would say take it to a couple other dealers, they should do it for around $400-600. I agree, it sucks that it is not covered. They better step up if they want to compete seriously against the German vehicles.

Benzgas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Premium Coupe

My 2013 Coupe only has 450 miles on it and the clear coat is bubbling on the roof. Just picked the car up 8/14 and it is garage kept. Emailed the dealer yesterday (9/2) about that and a few other small issues with the finish. No reply from the dealer yet. If they don't reply to the Email I am going to just send a copy to the regional GM office. I love the car but I'm already beginning to regret not going back to Mercedes.
    The Germans have it all over Cadillac when it comes to paint finish. After washing the Caddy twice since delivery it is very obvious who has the better finish.

Also if anyone is getting repairs done, make sure the shop uses a GM approved paint. There are only about 5 or 6 paint manufacturers that are approved.

Or maybe use a BMW or Mercedes paint. LOL

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Your best bet is to take it to the dealership to have them look at it. It's hard to assess the damage from an e-mail.
    Tbbt likes this.

swb7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts

Well I took the car to another dealer, they looked at it for 30 seconds & said it is covered under warranty. They gave me a BMW loaner car & took my car to their bodyshop (this was 3 weeks ago). Received a call last week saying the bodyshop recommended the quarter panel be replaced, othjerwise the repair will only last a couple of years; GM agreed & they are now doing the quarter panel. Am very impressed with Cadillac & this dealer & next car will be a Cadillac for sure.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by swb7 View Post
    Well I took the car to another dealer, they looked at it for 30 seconds & said it is covered under warranty. They gave me a BMW loaner car & took my car to their bodyshop (this was 3 weeks ago). Received a call last week saying the bodyshop recommended the quarter panel be replaced, othjerwise the repair will only last a couple of years; GM agreed & they are now doing the quarter panel. Am very impressed with Cadillac & this dealer & next car will be a Cadillac for sure.
    Hello swb7,

I am glad you were able to work with the dealer and GM towards resolving your vehicles rusting concern. Great to hear you are impressed with Cadillac and satisfied with the outcome. If any questions arise that we can assist with, please let us know. We can be contacted via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.