Problem with my 2013 CTS Coupe
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Problem with my 2013 CTS Coupe in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I'm having a problem with my 2013 CTS Coupe. Every time I see a Cadillac commercial I have to drop ...
    Gerry1946 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe

Problem with my 2013 CTS Coupe

I'm having a problem with my 2013 CTS Coupe. Every time I see a Cadillac commercial I have to drop what I am doing and go for a drive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: Problem with my 2013 CTS Coupe

lol nice

congrat's and enjoy

All kidding aside. I have been around for 67 years now so I have purchased many vehicles. This is the first purchase that I did not experience buyers remorse. Best ride I have ever experienced. Great looking too.
    mnmjack likes this.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry1946
    All kidding aside. I have been around for 67 years now so I have purchased many vehicles. This is the first purchase that I did not experience buyers remorse. Best ride I have ever experienced. Great looking too.
    You will continue to love it and get ready for attention. I have never owned a car that elicits so many unsolicited comments and stares.
    I have had my coupe for a year and a half and nearly 20k miles and I love driving it every day.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry1946 View Post
    I'm having a problem with my 2013 CTS Coupe. Every time I see a Cadillac commercial I have to drop what I am doing and go for a drive.
    Hi Gerry1946,

Sounds like a great problem to have I love the 2013 CTS Coupe style and the features available for comfort and luxury. I am happy this is the best ride you have ever experienced with all the vehicles you have purchased over the years. Continue to enjoy!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    You will continue to love it and get ready for attention. I have never owned a car that elicits so many unsolicited comments and stares.
    I have had my coupe for a year and a half and nearly 20k miles and I live driving it every day.
    Hello gohawks63,

I am glad you are still satisfied with your CTS Coupe a year and a half later! If I had a CTS Coupe I am sure I would want to drive it as much as I could. It really is a head-turning design, so that doesn't surprise me about all the hype you receive. Don't hesitate to contact us if you ever need any assistance.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    gohawks63 likes this.

Judes61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Performance Coupe

I agree, best car ever! I've had mine since January and it's been a joy to drive. I hope to keep it for a very long time. It turns more heads than my husband's vette! LOL

ctspremium is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Premium
    We also have a '13 CTS Premium Coupe that for the length of time we have owned it, the product has performed flawless. We have had a problem, in the past but that is not a fault of construction. While away from our home area, we had a 3" wood screw penetrate the RR tire. That caused a problem that was costly to us, our dealership along with extensive time spent resolving the situation.

We did not trust a repair to the RR tire. So, as a net result and taking a great amount of time we obtained two(2) new tires for the rear axle. Why both? Mileage on the CTS was close to 11K, and I was not amount to run two different tires on the same axle. We did include in the initial vehicle purchase a "TIRE & WHEEL". Warranty, which turned out to be useless. However, the dealer did pay for one tire ($320.00), and that was appreciated. The company who provided the "TIRE & WHEEL" Warranty would not pay the first penny because we didn't call them first before proceeding with repairs/replacement. Again, none of the above was a fault in construction/design of the CTS.

However, as good as this CTS Premium Coupe is, I will not buy another. It will be a 4 door sedan with all four tires of the same construction. I will say the design of this CTS leaves questions unanswered. For instance, No Spare (only a pump & container of Sealant), restricted room inside the trunk due to the arms that control the trunk lid. These above designs are my fault for considering this particular design and I should have realized what could and did happen. Otherwise, this is a great piece of machinery, gets very good MPG, comfortable and a pleasure to drive.

Maybe an XTS or Impala wii be in the future. Who knows?

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ctspremium
    We also have a '13 CTS Premium Coupe that for the length of time we have owned it, the product has performed flawless. We have had a problem, in the past but that is not a fault of construction. While away from our home area, we had a 3" wood screw penetrate the RR tire. That caused a problem that was costly to us, our dealership along with extensive time spent resolving the situation.

We did not trust a repair to the RR tire. So, as a net result and taking a great amount of timr, we obtained two(2) new tires for the rear axle. Why both? Mileage on the CTS was close to 11K, and I was not amount to run two different tires on the same axle. We did include in the initial vehicle purchase a "TIRE & WHEEL". Warranty, which turned out to be useless. However, the dealer did pay for one tire ($320.00), and that was appreciated. The company who provided the "TIRE & WHEEL" Warranty would not pay the first penny because we didn't call them first before proceeding with repairs/replacement. Again, none of the above was a fault in construction/design of the CTS.

However, as good as this CTS Premium Coupe is, I will not buy another. It will be a 4 door sedan with all four tires of the same construction. I will say the design of this CTS leaves questions unanswered. For instance, No Spare (only a pump & container of Sealant), restricted room inside the trunk due to the arms that control the trunk lid. These above designs are my fault for considering this particular design and I should have realized what could and did happen. Otherwise, this is a great piece of machinery, gets very good MPG, comfortable and a pleasure to drive.

I believe the XTS and the ATS also have the pump. BMW uses run flats and a spare is an option. The new Acura RLX has gone the same route. Pump and fix-a-flat.

Call it a casualty of weight reduction in the quest to eek out as much gas mileage as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Judes61 View Post
    I agree, best car ever! I've had mine since January and it's been a joy to drive. I hope to keep it for a very long time. It turns more heads than my husband's vette! LOL
    Hello Judes61,

I’m glad to hear that you vehicle has been such a joy to drive! It’s also nice to hear that your vehicle gets more looks than the Corvette! Please let us know if you need any questions regarding your vehicle. Thanks for posting your positive comments!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ctspremium View Post

We did not trust a repair to the RR tire. So, as a net result and taking a great amount of timr, we obtained two(2) new tires for the rear axle. Why both? Mileage on the CTS was close to 11K, and I was not amount to run two different tires on the same axle. We did include in the initial vehicle purchase a "TIRE & WHEEL". Warranty, which turned out to be useless. However, the dealer did pay for one tire ($320.00), and that was appreciated. The company who provided the "TIRE & WHEEL" Warranty would not pay the first penny because we didn't call them first before proceeding with repairs/replacement. Again, none of the above was a fault in construction/design of the CTS.

Hello ctspremium,

I am sorry to hear that you have had an issue with your wheel, but it’s good to know that it has been addressed and that you are able to enjoy your CTS again. Thank you for your positive feedback as well! When you are in the market for a new vehicle and would like any assistance locating a certain vehicle, please feel free to contact us via private message. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Benzgas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Premium Coupe

My 2013 Coupe only has 450 miles on it and the clear coat is bubbling on the roof. Just picked the car up 8/14 and it is garage kept. Emailed the dealer yesterday (9/2) about that and a few other small issues with the finish. No reply from the dealer yet. If they don't reply to the Email I am going to just send a copy to the regional GM office. I love the car but I'm already beginning to regret not going back to Mercedes.
    The Germans have it all over Cadillac when it comes to paint finish. After washing the Caddy twice since delivery it is very obvious who has the better finish.

Also if anyone is getting repairs done, make sure the shop uses a GM approved paint. There are only about 5 or 6 paint manufacturers that are approved.

Or maybe use a BMW or Mercedes paint. LOL

Gerry1946,
    I've been around for 56 years and bought around 1/2 million dollars worth of brand new GM vehicles and can't even count how many used GM vehicles. $120,000 worth in the last 2 years. Needless to say I beginning to have a little remorse over this one.

@ Benzgas

Sorry to hear of problem with your paint. I had a similar problem. Took delivery of my 2013 CTS Coupe in August 2013. Mine had acid rain spots on hood and top. My dealer repainted the hood. (Flawless job) They sanded and buffed the top. Looked great when I took delivery but the spots came back about 1 week later. (Only on the top) Showed it to my dealer. Without hesitation they said that they would repaint the top. I am delaying this work until the end of September because they are installing a new spray booth.

It sounds like your paint problem is different than mine. You describe it as "bubbling". I have a basic knowledge of painting cars as I did a complete restoration of a 1955 Chevy, paint included. Sounds like the solvent in the paint did not flash off before top layer cured. ????? Look it up on-line or speak with the body shop manager.

My dealer, Boucher Chevrolet/Cadillac has been extremely responsive to my issue. Best customer/dealer relationship I have ever experienced. I also drive a Kia which I bought at Boucher Kia. They are very good to deal with also. Maybe there is something in the water in the Midwest. LOL

Douglas Rome is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-4 3.0 Base sedan 2nd owner bought used 22Kmi

our first Cadillac. chevy, ford, pinto, falcon, ltd, galaxy, tbird, towncar, dodge, Plymouth, Pontiac, oldsmobile,
    rambler, ranchero, mustang, many chevies, Desoto, can't think of any more. Up until now., the best car I ever
    owned was a 1995 Impala SS, that car was just a joy to drive. I think this CTS will give it a run for it's money.
    thanks, douglas

South Shore 2 Door is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS AWD Premium Coupe

Been so busy out driving that I haven't watched TV to even see a Cadillac commercial....

I'm just having some morning coffee now before heading out again. Oh, and, listing the TVs for sale on Craig's List....

Later

seDan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My wife cried many times after her 2006 was totaled by hail damage (that I retained on a salvage title...it's now my lot vehicle for work). I made it all better with the 2014 Coupe purchase. Now she complains if we go somewhere and she doesn't get to drive. Oh, and I test drove it and moved it out of the garage once. That's it. I do recall, though, that it makes the 2006 3.6 MPI sedan seem clunky in comparison. Initially I thought the engine sounded odd but I've never had a DI engine other than my tractor. And 318 HP? Look, I'm a retired military pilot, have flown multiple supersonic aircraft and can appreciate the performance but I can't think of what use someone would have for a V that complied with the motor vehicle regulations. Perhaps someone could enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by Benzgas View Post
    My 2013 Coupe only has 450 miles on it and the clear coat is bubbling on the roof. Just picked the car up 8/14 and it is garage kept. Emailed the dealer yesterday (9/2) about that and a few other small issues with the finish. No reply from the dealer yet. If they don't reply to the Email I am going to just send a copy to the regional GM office. I love the car but I'm already beginning to regret not going back to Mercedes.
    The Germans have it all over Cadillac when it comes to paint finish. After washing the Caddy twice since delivery it is very obvious who has the better finish.

Also if anyone is getting repairs done, make sure the shop uses a GM approved paint. There are only about 5 or 6 paint manufacturers that are approved.

Or maybe use a BMW or Mercedes paint. LOL

Gerry1946,
    I've been around for 56 years and bought around 1/2 million dollars worth of brand new GM vehicles and can't even count how many used GM vehicles. $120,000 worth in the last 2 years. Needless to say I beginning to have a little remorse over this one.
    Hello Benzgas,

I am sorry you are experiencing paint issues with your new CTS Coupe. I would like to get an update on if you were able to resolve this concern with the dealer yet. Please let me know. I can be contacted via private message so we can further discuss your situation.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Rome View Post
    our first Cadillac. chevy, ford, pinto, falcon, ltd, galaxy, tbird, towncar, dodge, Plymouth, Pontiac, oldsmobile,
    rambler, ranchero, mustang, many chevies, Desoto, can't think of any more. Up until now., the best car I ever
    owned was a 1995 Impala SS, that car was just a joy to drive. I think this CTS will give it a run for it's money.
    thanks, douglas
    Hello Douglas,

Your 2011 CTS is your first Cadillac? I hope you are enjoying it so far! If you ever have concerns or questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message! Also feel free to share positive experiences with your CTS as well

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.