My CTS Got rear-ended Today ;(
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, My CTS Got rear-ended Today ;( in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; More like Pancaked My father was following me with his piece of crap Dodge truck so that my b.f. could ...
    CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

My CTS Got rear-ended Today ;(

More like Pancaked

My father was following me with his piece of crap Dodge truck so that my b.f. could get his transmission rebuilt.
    2 Miles before we were there an ******* decided to make an Illegal left turn, causing the Van in front of me to slam on his brakes.
    Just as my CTS stopped about 1 1/2 feet from the back of the Van I sigh in relief then I see the grill of my fathers truck come crashing into the back of me and pancaking me in between his truck and the Van.

I had my CTS turned off the fire department arrives and demands my keys I tell them the car is off and there is no key and they force 6-8 inch tall wooden wedges underneath all 4 corners of my rocker panels then cut the wiring in the engine bay. WTF
    And because of that my CTS couldnt be put in N to be put on the wrecker so I had to watch them drag my car up the back of a roll back.

Sigh

Hope it is totaled out after the fire department and wrecker crew did their share of damage they aren't sticking me with it

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Coastrider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Coupe - 2013 SRX

Re: My CTS Got rear-ended Today ;(

That's terrible. I'm pretty sure it's totaled. Glad you're ok!

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

That sucks!

I am sorry for your loss and I hope everything is handled fairly.

I laughed a little bit when you said "piece of crap Dodge truck" as I hate trucks with a passion!
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    More like Pancaked

My father was following me with his piece of crap Dodge truck so that my b.f. could get his transmission rebuilt.
    2 Miles before we were there an ******* decided to make an Illegal left turn, causing the Van in front of me to slam on his brakes.
    Just as my CTS stopped about 1 1/2 feet from the back of the Van I sigh in relief then I see the grill of my fathers truck come crashing into the back of me and pancaking me in between his truck and the Van.

I had my CTS turned off the fire department arrives and demands my keys I tell them the car is off and there is no key and they force 6-8 inch tall wooden wedges underneath all 4 corners of my rocker panels then cut the wiring in the engine bay. WTF
    And because of that my CTS couldnt be put in N to be put on the wrecker so I had to watch them drag my car up the back of a roll back.

Sigh

Hope it is totaled out after the fire department and wrecker crew did their share of damage they aren't sticking me with it

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Zero doubt about it. That's a total.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Sorry to hear of your misfortune but glad everyone is unharmed! Hopefully, things will work out for the best and you'll soon be driving a new Cadillac! (There are great deals right now on the '13 CTS Coupes and those won't be changing significantly for at least another year of production.)

rspreng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Sedan RWD Radiant Silver|Ebony

Glad your okay. That is a goner. Now all your issues with it are behind you. Happy hunting a new ride.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Pics of the Dodge truck?
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Ouch!

I'm really sorry. What year was it? I say was because I do think it's a total. I assume the airbag deployed.

snofun3 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Count your lucky stars. Now you can move on to something else courtesy of the insurance company. I wish my CTS had gotten wrecked instead of having to take the resale drubbing on it.

Glad you're OK.

Airbags didn't deploy as can be seen in the 4th pic. That is why I have concerns you never know with insurance.
    The C pillars did fold in up to above the rear doors though you can see some of the wave in the trim.

Only thing damaged on the dodge was the front bumper, grill and hood.

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

Ouch... I think it'll be totalled as well.

But, it's important to remember cars can be replaced, but people can't. Glad you're okay!

Get the new 2014 CTS to replace your CTS.
    MD_Coupe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EVH5150 View Post
    That sucks!

I am sorry for your loss and I hope everything is handled fairly.

I laughed a little bit when you said "piece of crap Dodge truck" as I hate trucks with a passion!
    Yeh their crap new and even crappier when the owners don't maintain them even if it is your own father that you have been telling his truck needed new tires a year ago or his windshield wipers are so worn they are scratching the glass.

The word HEMI gives guys an ego complex that makes them think their crappy truck can handle like a sports car..

The Cadillac did it's job almost 100% unfortunately the truck behind it couldn't and probably never could have.

My b.f. is pretty pissed he took the most from the impact, The passenger side seat frame that was replaced under warranty a few weeks back at Holman Cadillac of MT. Laurel NJ. the back of seat separated from the bottom during impact.

Rightnow the only way I would ever consider another Cadillac would be to lease it for 24-36 months and let some one else own the problems.\
    Dont get me wrong my CTS was a great car only affected by the lack of dealership service and repairs.
    But if those problems are consistent within 100 mile range of where I live then that is a GM problem and that is a problem they need to address considering I am in a market that they are doing piss poor in to no business because if you look at GM's NYC METRO area sales they are one of lowest

Twentybucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Luxury Black Raven

Glad you're OK, good thing you weren't driving a Jaguar, it likely would have burst into flames.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    I'm sorry to hear this let alone see pictures of it It's certainly a sad day...

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

based on my experience as an auto adjuster, 10 years of which was spent in NJ from Trenton south, there is no way that car is not a total loss. There is too much unibody damage. No telling if there is engine or trans damage. If the insurance company gives you any heart burn at all PM me and I'll tell you how to cut the process short. Are you still speaking to your father? I think my daughter would put me on a time out.
    On a lighter note; wouldn't you love to truck the car back to Holman and tell them the sunroof still isn't adjusted properly.
    tinman likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.