My CTS Got rear-ended Today ;( - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, My CTS Got rear-ended Today ;( in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by C "T" ess On a lighter note; wouldn't you love to truck the car back to Holman ...
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess
    On a lighter note; wouldn't you love to truck the car back to Holman and tell them the sunroof still isn't adjusted properly.
    You made me laugh out loud on that! Thanks, I needed that today.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: My CTS Got rear-ended Today ;(

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    based on my experience as an auto adjuster, 10 years of which was spent in NJ from Trenton south, there is no way that car is not a total loss. There is too much unibody damage. No telling if there is engine or trans damage. If the insurance company gives you any heart burn at all PM me and I'll tell you how to cut the process short. Are you still speaking to your father? I think my daughter would put me on a time out.
    On a lighter note; wouldn't you love to truck the car back to Holman and tell them the sunroof still isn't adjusted properly.
    Haha yeh that isn't the first joke I have heard regarding the dealer.

From the start this has been a cluster F
    My b.f's friends transmission shop was no more than 2 miles away during the process of my b.f. debating with the police about him wanting the car taken there.
    And since it was drizzling out him wanting the windows up on the car before they left so that any further damage was done to the car, the wrecker driver told him he didn't have my key fob and pointed to a cop saying he had it.
    Then he took off with my CTS and had the key fob all along.

And now they are delaying the process to get more storage fee's because they wont allow the adjuster into the yard without me signing a waiver allowing them access to my car.
    It is a whole racket with the town and towing company.

My b.f. just wanted to look out for me and make sure the interior stayed in as best condition as possible so that the condition of the car could be rated as high as possible.

He made sure to get in to my head that the car was totaled and I wouldn't want it after it was fixed if fixing it was possible.
    The car did start leaking fluids after the treatment from the wrecker.

Right now I am sitting in the doctors office to have my neck and shoulder looked at, over night my black & blue marks got worse from the seat belt on my chest and pelvis.

I do have 1 question coming your way since you offered.

----------

And regarding my father right now he is getting the silent treatment from me.
    He still hasn't learned his lesson and is still riding peoples ass's in his crappy truck.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Twentybucks
    Glad you're OK, good thing you weren't driving a Jaguar, it likely would have burst into flames.
    lol...so true

hehe it is ok Jaguar wasnt even a consideration on my list.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    ^^Smart move!

al williams is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 coupe-- manual shift-- 1 of 65 built.

....and we assume that the ******* who caused the whole thing continued on his merry way with no idea what he had caused behind him. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by al williams View Post
    ....and we assume that the ******* who caused the whole thing continued on his merry way with no idea what he had caused behind him. :-(
    The driver that caused the accident was issued a Reckless driving ticket 5 points and $200 fine but in Jersey you can plead it down to driving in an unsafe manner with 0 points and a $400 fine which you can use 2 times in 3 years and do without a lawyer.

And from what the cop told me today that visually witnessed the accident my Dad is getting a ticket for something mailed to him.

snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    ^^Smart move!
    Says the owner of an 08 CTS

RAB
    RAB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

CTSCHICK - Sorry to hear about the accident you had with your CTS. Glad to hear you and everyone involved were not badly injured.
    Wishing you much better days ahead. Good luck in your search for the new/replacement car.

Twentybucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Luxury Black Raven

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    ^^Smart move!
    Yeah and you don't even have to be in an accident with a Jag, they can just spontaneously combust!

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Comic actor Dick Van Dyke and his wife escaped unhurt when their car caught fire on a Los Angeles-area highway, California state police said Monday.
    Good Samaritans helped the 87-year-old Van Dyke and his wife, Arlene, from his Jaguar after he pulled the car over to the side of the Ventura Freeway in Calabasas, California Highway Patrol spokesman Saul Gomez said. The fire occurred about 2 p.m. Monday, Gomez said.
    Arlene Van Dyke posted video online of the burned-out car and the actor talking with police.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Wow. Just read this, and I am glad everyone is well. Sore, but well. This is heartbreaking in that you pretty much have everything repaired and in order after all of your trials and tribulations and bull-puckey.

Good luck with the ordeal about to follow with insurance, etc. And let us know what is happening in your life, so please stay in touch.

I might still be around because I am considering leasing a CTS or ATS Sport or Premium.

The 2014 Chevy SS isn't no where near showing up at dealers or even available for order yet.

Nothing else available right now appeals to me and I have to make up my mind by next week.

It would be nice if there was any loyalty incentives right now instead of them just having conquest incentives.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Whether you are around here or not, we are glad you're still around here after your accident.
    HurstGN likes this.

AutoAnything is awesome guys they sent me an RMA for my EBC rotors and pad's and giving me a full refund due to the situation.
    tinman and HurstGN like this.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    AutoAnything is awesome guys they sent me an RMA for my EBC rotors and pad's and giving me a full refund due to the situation.
    That's really good information that came out of a terrible situation! Thank you for sharing!

Marv

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.