GM expects Vsport to capture 10-15% of Cadillac XTS sales
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, GM expects Vsport to capture 10-15% of Cadillac XTS sales in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; ...
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

GM expects Vsport to capture 10-15% of Cadillac XTS sales

One quick observation..."GM has said it sees an opportunity to capture buyers who seek performance and styling above the traditional luxury sedan, but don’t necessarily want Cadillac’s ultra-high-performance, track-capable V-series models." This sounds good for the future of the true V series."

August 26, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Melissa Burden
    The Detroit News

Ann Arbor — General Motors Co.’s Cadillac brand expects the Vsport performance edition of its large XTS sedan will represent 10-15 percent of XTS sales, and likely will add other Vsport models in the future, a Cadillac executive said Monday.

Cadillac’s 2014 XTS Vsport, which features a twin-turbo, 3.6-liter V-6 engine and six-speed transmission, is arriving in dealerships now. The XTS was all-new as a 2013 model. Sales of the XTS total 17,624 through July.

The new performance model churns out 410 horsepower and 369 foot-pounds of torque topping the naturally aspirated 3.6-liter engine in the XTS that has 305 horsepower and 264 foot-pounds of torque, said Richard Bartlett, assistant chief engineer on Cadillac’s twin-turbo engine. The XTS Vsport can accelerate from zero to 60 miles per hour in less than 5 seconds, Bartlett said.

The XTS Vsport features a special grille and rear badging, and Brembo brakes and 20-inch wheels. It starts at $63,020.

Mileage is rated at 16 mpg city and 24 mpg highway, with an overall 19 mpg.

A CTS Vsport model, featuring the twin-turbo V-6 and eight-speed transmission, will be available this fall. That model delivers 420 horsepower and 430 foot-pounds of torque.

Hampden Tener, Cadillac’s product director, called the Vsport a sub-brand for Cadillac.

“In the future you can look to us to expand this idea to additional models, additional vehicle models, and also using the branding for performance or sport appearance-related options and accessories,” he said.

GM has said it sees an opportunity to capture buyers who seek performance and styling above the traditional luxury sedan, but don’t necessarily want Cadillac’s ultra-high-performance, track-capable V-series models.

Cadillac also locally revealed its Elmiraj Concept four-seat coupe, which debuted globally this month at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance event in Carmel, Calif. The concept is headed to the auto show in Frankfurt, Germany next month.

The vehicle is named for El Mirage Lake in the California desert known for its high-speed time trials and was also inspired by the 1967 Eldorado. Cadillac has said the rear-wheel drive Elmiraj is the next evolution for the luxury brand and GM is developing a “top of the range” car for Cadillac that will use some elements of the Elmiraj.

Clay Dean, Cadillac’s executive director of advanced design, said Cadillac “may be closer” to offering Cadillac buyers a flagship vehicle beyond the XTS.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2dBifgTJ4

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    410 HP FWD car. I remember when the Northstars came out and people thought that 300HP was the limit and insane for a FWD car.

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Re: GM expects Vsport to capture 10-15% of Cadillac XTS sales

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    410 HP FWD car. I remember when the Northstars came out and people thought that 300HP was the limit and insane for a FWD car.
    That's one of the reasons it will only be available with AWD (torque steer).

Quote Originally Posted by C&C
    That's one of the reasons it will only be available with AWD (torque steer).
    D'oh. I forgot about the fact it was only available in AWD.

BreakingThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Thunder Gray '08 CTS 3.6 FE2 Premium

I wish they would give the TTV6 a cool name like "Northstar." I still remember the commercials for Caddies in the '90s that would tout the "power of the NORTHSTAR SYSTEM."

Although, based on some recent engine names - SkyActiv, Earth Dreams (!!) - maybe not.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Some of those name are just moronic. SkyActiv??? What does that mean? It has wings and is for fun activities? I thought that was reserved for feminine products only.

VSport isn't bad, but it may water down the V's by people just not fully understanding the difference. Well, it don't matter to me too much, I can't afford either, so I shouldn't worry about the name.

Oh, and your welcome for all of those that next time you see a Mazda commercial for SkyActiv and think of maxi-pads.

Quote Originally Posted by HurstGN
    Some of those name are just moronic. SkyActiv??? What does that mean? It has wings and is for fun activities? I thought that was reserved for feminine products only.

VSport isn't bad, but it may water down the V's by people just not fully understanding the difference. Well, it don't matter to me too much, I can't afford either, so I shouldn't worry about the name.

Oh, and your welcome for all of those that next time you see a Mazda commercial for SkyActiv and think of maxi-pads.
    Well not sure how many of you remember the nicknames of the GM engines years ago. Small block V8s 350 cu. in (5.7L) and smaller were called "Mickey Mouse" and big blocks were called the "Rat" engine.

Ford used to have a Cleveland and Windsor engines.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    Well not sure how many of you remember the nicknames of the GM engines years ago. Small block V8s 350 cu. in (5.7L) and smaller were called "Mickey Mouse" and big blocks were called the "Rat" engine.

Ford used to have a Cleveland and Windsor engines.
    FE engines.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.