Detailed underbody picture request
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Detailed underbody picture request in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello all, I'm new to this board and hope you can help me. I am looking for detailed pictures (back ...
    Caddypower33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Detailed underbody picture request

Hello all,

I'm new to this board and hope you can help me. I am looking for detailed pictures (back to front full shots) of the underbody of CTS 4.

Thank you kindly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Detailed underbody picture request

bump

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by Caddypower33 View Post
    bump
    I've never seen photos of the complete undercarriage. Do you have a camera?

Yes but it is not easy to get a complete shot. I am looking for something where the car is on a hoist and you can see a detailed shot from there. If I put a camera on the ground and take a picture of the under side it would not cover the entire length of the car due to it being so close.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

As I said, I haven't seen any like this and most of us have the same problem as you (me included).

Here is a thought IF your camera does video. Why not your camera on the driveway and very slowly drive over it? Wouldn't that do what you want?

I did a search on WWW but didn't find anything specific on CTS4, however I did find a really neat photo album (17 pages of photos) where an owner of a CTS V Wagon followed his car through the assembly process in Lansing, MI. I believer I searched under 'CTS Undercarriage Photos'.

Marv

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

I have seen a black and white pic in one of the online parts catalog pictures. It was small, and became grainy when expanded.

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    As I said, I haven't seen any like this and most of us have the same problem as you (me included).

Here is a thought IF your camera does video. Why not your camera on the driveway and very slowly drive over it? Wouldn't that do what you want?

I did a search on WWW but didn't find anything specific on CTS4, however I did find a really neat photo album (17 pages of photos) where an owner of a CTS V Wagon followed his car through the assembly process in Lansing, MI. I believer I searched under 'CTS Undercarriage Photos'.

Marv
    I did the "first start" of a Corvette once. Got a certificate stating that I aided in the birth of a Corvette. It wasn't mine. Actually, there's a funny story of that event. A person is picked from turing group to start a car and I was selected. I got in the car and this old black gentleman who has been starting Corvette like 40 years is screaming at me (very noisy there) "TURN ON THE BOX". I'm looking around saying WTF is the box. Well, as you might guess, the radio was one of the things he had to test. Once that was cleared up he gave me the go ahead to start her up. Nothing! It was a standard, as was mine, and he thought I had not depressed the clutch which was not the case. It was a "Failure to Start" and was pushed to a maintenance area to go through more labor pains.

When the next car arrived, now a pro, I jumped in, hit the "BOX", hit the starter, got my certificate and moved on with the group.

That was 14 years ago and you guys are the first the here this story.

Now back to the CTS 4 pictured. My 2008 CTS (not 4) will be on a lift tomorrow or Friday. I'm sure you want to see the 4 wheel drive stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercoffee2 View Post
    I did the "first start" of a Corvette once. Got a certificate stating that I aided in the birth of a Corvette. It wasn't mine. Actually, there's a funny story of that event. A person is picked from turing group to start a car and I was selected. I got in the car and this old black gentleman who has been starting Corvette like 40 years is screaming at me (very noisy there) "TURN ON THE BOX". I'm looking around saying WTF is the box. Well, as you might guess, the radio was one of the things he had to test. Once that was cleared up he gave me the go ahead to start her up. Nothing! It was a standard, as was mine, and he thought I had not depressed the clutch which was not the case. It was a "Failure to Start" and was pushed to a maintenance area to go through more labor pains.

When the next car arrived, now a pro, I jumped in, hit the "BOX", hit the starter, got my certificate and moved on with the group.

That was 14 years ago and you guys are the first the here this story.

Now back to the CTS 4 pictured. My 2008 CTS (not 4) will be on a lift tomorrow or Friday. I'm sure you want to see the 4 wheel drive stuff.
    Oh that would be perfect if you could get underbody shots while its on the lift. Crossing fingers.....

It's a done deal. I have an appointment at 7AM tomorrow to change my rear wheels and do a wheel alignment so it will be on a big lift.

It's a done deal. I have an appointment at 7AM tomorrow to change my rear wheels and do a wheel alignment so it will be on a big lift.

Were you able to get a underbody picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Caddypower33 View Post
    Were you able to get a underbody picture?
    I really tried but I have a Canon Pocket camera and just could not get far enough away (short of lying on my back) for the lens on the camera. The lift itself was also in the way. Sorry.

Looking forward.

Looking back.

From front bumper back showing the cover that has to be removed for oil change.

I really tried but I have a Canon Pocket camera and just could not get far enough away (short of lying on my back) for the lens on the camera. The lift itself was also in the way. Sorry.

Looking forward.

Looking back.

From front bumper back showing the cover that has to be removed for oil change.

Really nice work.. thank you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.