2013 cts coupe with performance package and memory
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2013 cts coupe with performance package and memory in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; can key fobs be programed to driver 1 and 2 to the memory seat package...
    midway is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS coupe

2013 cts coupe with performance package and memory

can key fobs be programed to driver 1 and 2 to the memory seat package

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by midway View Post
    can key fobs be programed to driver 1 and 2 to the memory seat package
    They should already be. Look at the top of the fob to see what number it is. You may have to check the settings on the dic to make sure the remote memory is enabled

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: 2013 cts coupe with performance package and memory

check your owner's manual, it provides a full description of the feature and how to set it up.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Or, to answer your question, yes.

Thanks for replies, cannot program, called Cadillac direct and they were no help,
    went back to dealer and they said it could not be done. I have key fobs marked 1 and 2, went thru DIC and could not find any way to program. Is there a technical dept. I can call. Thanks for the updates.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Look on your drivers door control panel. Where the window controls,etc are located. Do you see an button with a "1 and 2" on it. If not you don't have the memory seat function which seems strange if they gave you remotes marked 1&2. Try your salesperson, sometimes they know how to do this as part of the new car delivery process. Just a thought.

Yes on the drivers side door panel there is driver #1 and driver #2 and those buttons do work when pressed. I know the car has the memory package, and the key fobs are marked 1 and 2. as far as the salesman he did not know how to use the remote start. I can try going to other dealers but I did not buy the car from other dealers. What other reason would the key fobs be marked 1 and 2. Thanks for any assistance-----

Judes61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Performance Coupe

I have a 2013 CTS coupe, with key fobs are numbered 1 and 2 as well. Not sure why they are numbered either, I read my entire manual and other than the memory seat preference reference it doesn't say why.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Judes61 View Post
    I have a 2013 CTS coupe, with key fobs are numbered 1 and 2 as well. Not sure why they are numbered either, I read my entire manual and other than the memory seat preference reference it doesn't say why.
    They are numbered because the car can remember the settings for the seat, mirrors and power tile steering wheel (if equipped) by the fob. Once you unlock the car with the fob (or just having the fob if you have keyless entry) the seats, mirrors and steering wheel will adjust based on the fob.

With the OP, he can't get the car to recognize the settings.

----------

OK, I'm going to ask an obvious question. Do the fobs work (lock/unlock) when pressing the buttons?

If so, then the fobs are already programmed. What you need to now is when you have your seats/mirrors/steering wheel adjusted, press the button on the door that corresponds to the fob for which you are making the adjustments. when pressing, do not release until you hear the beep which confirms that the settings have been memorized.

I have tried everything stated when I press 1 or 2 the door unlocks but the seats or mirrors do not move. The seats and mirrors only move when I press 1or 2 on the drivers door panel. I have read the manuel and cannot get the remotes to work. Had a 2006 STS so I know how the FOB works. Maybe 2013 they stopped this option.

Quote Originally Posted by midway
    I have tried everything stated when I press 1 or 2 the door unlocks but the seats or mirrors do not move. The seats and mirrors only move when I press 1or 2 on the drivers door panel. I have read the manuel and cannot get the remotes to work. Had a 2006 STS so I know how the FOB works. Maybe 2013 they stopped this option.
    No they didn't stop the option.

Ok. Try this. Move the drivers seat to an awkward position with the car off. Then with fob 1 in the car, turn on the car. Does the seat move back to the preset position?

Quote Originally Posted by arw1510
    Ok. Try this. Move the drivers seat to an awkward position. Then unlock the car with one of the remotes and the seat should move back to the preset position for that remote
    The seat only moves when you turn the ignition on. My Acura used to move the seats and mirrors once you unlocked it, but the CTS, or the coupe at least adjusts once the car is switched on.

Quote Originally Posted by midway
    Ok. So on my 2012, the seats don't move by the press of the button either. Just when I turn the knob. Strange since my 04 srx had the seats move based on the remote being hit. But I guess it's not that big of a deal to hit the button on the odor to move the seat back if someone else drives

----------

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63

The seat only moves when you turn the ignition on. My Acura used to move the seats and mirrors once you unlocked it, but the CTS, or the coupe at least adjusts once the car is switched on.
    Haha. You beat me to it before I edited it. I got my cars confused

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.