2010 cts smells like cat pee behind walls when rains or gets wet.. Help!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2010 cts smells like cat pee behind walls when rains or gets wet.. Help!!! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I just bought couple months ago 2010 cts with 16,000 miles. Every drain got clogged & leaked. Everything fixed, but ...
    Pamela8gp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 cts

2010 cts smells like cat pee behind walls when rains or gets wet.. Help!!!

I just bought couple months ago 2010 cts with 16,000 miles. Every drain got clogged & leaked. Everything fixed, but when it rains or I wash my car. I get this cat pee smell.... They said there's no more leaks, but my car keeps giving the horrible smell when car gets wet. They can't figure out & I'm getting so frustrated!!! The smell is coming from behind the main liners of the car. It coming from behind the walls of car & when I go in my trunk & on right side. I'll take off the cover against wall to right, to where the battery is. The smell is also inside there also. It's like the smell is going through my car, behind the walls.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Re: 2010 cts smells like cat pee behind walls when rains or gets wet.. Help!!!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela8gp View Post
    I just bought couple months ago 2010 cts with 16,000 miles. Every drain got clogged & leaked. Everything fixed, but when it rains or I wash my car. I get this cat pee smell.... They said there's no more leaks, but my car keeps giving the horrible smell when car gets wet. They can't figure out & I'm getting so frustrated!!! The smell is coming from behind the main liners of the car. It coming from behind the walls of car & when I go in my trunk & on right side. I'll take off the cover against wall to right, to where the battery is. The smell is also inside there also. It's like the smell is going through my car, behind the walls.
    Hello Pamela8gp,

I apologize that every drain on your CTS got clogged and that you are experiencing this smell in your vehicle now. Have you reached out to our Customer Care team in regards to this issue? I would be more than happy to look into the situation for you. If you have not spoken with our Customer Care already, could you private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you have been working with? If you are unable to private message me, you can also reach out to me at socialmedia@gm.com. If you send an email, please include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Yes, they just replaced the cabin filter & they ran an ozone machine in trunk first time & inside entire car the next time. I keep spraying down the car & the smell comes behind the back top panels. (where the leaks where) Which makes me think, that the air bags on both sides smell. When I bought the car couple months ago, it was still under 3 years left of warranty. (Need I say I did purchase this car for about $30,000, which is why I'm aggravated...) So, I extended it 2 more years. Giving it a full warranty of 5 years. The service manager keeps telling me..."we don't see any more leaks...""" To which saying they don't know why there's a smell. This smell gets very strong & that's why I think there's something wrong. I'm bringing it in nxt wk when cadillac service rep. comes in....I'm so embarrassed to have anyone in my car if it rains... If there is mildew/mold, they should've cleaned it properly. Not for me to be stressed out about.....

----------

Thank you & I've asked if there's mold/ mildew & he said there's nothing , esp. since the car is practically brand new...

Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD, 2012 Sierra Denali

I would suspect the car was in a flood or hurricane, something like that.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

You must keep complaining about it and returning ti to the dealer. Don't be bullied.

Surfstix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium & 2008 SRX4

Possibly mold growing somewhere or as Z71 said.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfstix View Post
    Possibly mold growing somewhere or as Z71 said.
    I totally agree. Dealer should fix it.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    I totally agree. Dealer should fix it.
    Tinman is right, the dealer fixed the plugged channels and tried to get rid of the smell with an ozone machine. Unfortunately they didn't remove the mildew/mold and it's still growing in your car.

Did you respond back to Cadillac Customer Service? They need to help you with this problem. We can advise, but we can't help you! Don't let the dealer say NO, there is a problem that Cadillac needs to step up to and remedy for you. The dealer needs Cadillac's approval!

Marv

Yes, they just replaced the cabin filter & they ran an ozone machine in trunk first time & inside entire car the next time. I keep spraying down the car & the smell comes behind the back top panels. (where the leaks where) Which makes me think, that the air bags on both sides smell. When I bought the car couple months ago, it was still under 3 years left of warranty. (Need I say I did purchase this car for about $30,000, which is why I'm aggravated...) So, I extended it 2 more years. Giving it a full warranty of 5 years. The service manager keeps telling me..."we don't see any more leaks...""" To which saying they don't know why there's a smell. This smell gets very strong & that's why I think there's something wrong. I'm bringing it in nxt wk when cadillac service rep. comes in....I'm so embarrassed to have anyone in my car if it rains... If there is mildew/mold, they should've cleaned it properly. Not for me to be stressed out about.....

----------

Thank you & I've asked if there's mold/ mildew & he said there's nothing , esp. since the car is practically brand new...
    Hello Pamela8gp,

I see Gregory has already reached out to you about your situation. I am sorry you are dealing with a smell in your vehicle. I see you will be in contact with a Cadillac service representative to discuss your concerns next week. Please update us after the visit and let us know how everything went. You know how to contact us to further discuss anything.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thank you everyone. I got this car in April & until July, I didn't know where this horrible smell was coming from. I examined my car & found an outrageous inside leak from sunroof all way down the top panel. I'm taking it in again tomorrow 5th time... I'll keep updated.

C&C
    C&C is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Or do you, and I'm not trying to digress this thread, actually have a male cat 'spraying' your car (marking his territory); seems cat spray and mold/mildew smells are quite different. Kindly disregard if you don't merit (any part) of my comment.

Actually a good point. Cat whizz is definitely "oderiferous"!!

Thank you everyone. I got this car in April & until July, I didn't know where this horrible smell was coming from. I examined my car & found an outrageous inside leak from sunroof all way down the top panel. I'm taking it in again tomorrow 5th time... I'll keep updated.
    Hello Pamela8gp,

I am sorry this will be your 5th visit to the dealer for the same issue. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your current situation with you. Please reach out to me via private message or email at socialmedia@gm.com. and include your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and the name and location of the dealer you are working with.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

As a shot in the dark; how about asking your local police to run the vin to see if the car ever had a salvage title. Or you could ask the dealer to request a car fax report. As someone else mentioned, a smell that strong that does not respond to any treatment would seem to have some deep seated problems. You also have to wonder if the long term exposure to mold and mildew could effect your health. Not to mention whether there is any damage to the air bags or electrical components that may not show up for a period of time. See if the dealer will take the car back and if so put this one far behind you.
    tinman likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.