Considering 2011 Sport Wagon
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Considering 2011 Sport Wagon in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have been away from Cadillac for a few years (previous Allante and CTS owner) and I am looking at ...
    FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

Considering 2011 Sport Wagon

I have been away from Cadillac for a few years (previous Allante and CTS owner) and I am looking at a 2011 Sport Wagon. I am curious to hear any inputs regarding this vehicle, one reason I like it is that I don't see many, if any, on the roads. Obviously this is a used car but the listing doesn't describe a trim package, can the VIN be deciphered to indicate trim? Also, how is the Navigation by Telematics, does it require an update CD or can it be done over the air? I was disappointed to see that it comes with the halogen lamps, any thoughts on those vs the HIDs?

thanks for any inputs..

DC

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Re: Considering 2011 Sport Wagon

I have a 2011 wagon, and love it. I can get your build info from the VIN.

Do you have the Nav with Telematics, quite curious about that even though I use my phone more than my car nav.

VIN 1G6DE8EY6B0149115

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Sorry, no NAV for me

Dave1442397 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 RWD Sport Wagon

I have a 2010 Sport Wagon (bought it used in 2011) and love it. My only requirements were the 3.6 engine and the Performance package, and it came with the sunroof. I don't have Nav.

I've only seen five other wagons since I bought mine, and only three of those were in NJ.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

I'm in Jacksonville and have a '10. Performance package and 3.6 with Nav. The nave does need a cd to update, and there is a charge of between $160 and $200. It is a rip off, but that is one man's opinion. Get the 3.6 and make sure it is at least a Performance or Premium package.

I love my wagon.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

From a quick view of the VIN build furnished by GMJim, this vehicle is the Luxury trim. As such, it's the base car and other than onStar does not have a navigation system. It was an Avis rental car. It has a 3.0 engine, heated seats and 6 disk CD player.

I would keep looking, if you want a Nav system. You would want a Performance or Premium trim level to get what you want.

Good Luck, Marv

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I am always leery about daily rentals. A different driver every day and no one cares how they drive it because they know at the end of the day they're just going to bring it back.

droptopron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 3.0 AWD Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post

I would keep looking, if you want a Nav system. You would want a Performance or Premium trim level to get what you want.
    I don't know if that is entirely accurate. I have a '10 sedan with Luxury package and NAV so it could still be optioned. With the added weight of the wagon I would look for a 3.6. I would also pass on this car because of its former rent a car life. Good luck with your search.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

While I personally would not purchase a rental car, if it is low miles that would feed into my decision. Also, the fact that it is a wagon generally means it is not your everyday warrior who is driving it.
    I have driven a sedan often while my transmission was being rebuilt (three times). The 3.0 is a pig compared to the 3.6 around town. On the highway there isn't a whole lot of difference. Also, the mpg doesn't scream to buy the 3.0 as they are pretty equal. That being said, get a 3.6. No question in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by droptopron View Post
    I don't know if that is entirely accurate. I have a '10 sedan with Luxury package and NAV so it could still be optioned. With the added weight of the wagon I would look for a 3.6. I would also pass on this car because of its former rent a car life. Good luck with your search.
    If you read the build sheet provided by GMJim for this particular car, it doesn't have pop up NAV, only onstar nav directions.

Marv

MBambo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Sportswagon AWD Premium

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Noles View Post
    I have been away from Cadillac for a few years (previous Allante and CTS owner) and I am looking at a 2011 Sport Wagon. I am curious to hear any inputs regarding this vehicle, one reason I like it is that I don't see many, if any, on the roads. Obviously this is a used car but the listing doesn't describe a trim package, can the VIN be deciphered to indicate trim? Also, how is the Navigation by Telematics, does it require an update CD or can it be done over the air? I was disappointed to see that it comes with the halogen lamps, any thoughts on those vs the HIDs?

thanks for any inputs..

DC
    I recently purchased a 2010 CTS AWD Premium Sportwagon model with 8Kmiles and love it. I think the body lines of the Sportswagon are even nicer than the sedan. I believe the "Premium" upgrade is the best choice as it includes just about every upgrade including the preferred 3.6 engine. The only negatives are the hardness of the aircondtioned seats and the limited rear corners vision. Accelerations and handling is almost as good as my W8 VW Passat wagon. I also like the exclusivity of rarely seeing another sportswagon on the road!

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt

If you read the build sheet provided by GMJim for this particular car, it doesn't have pop up NAV, only onstar nav directions.

Marv
    I think what he meant was that you don't have to buy a performance or premium model to get the NAV. A friends of mine has the 3.0 and it is optioned out including the NAV.

Thanks GMJim

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    From a quick view of the VIN build furnished by GMJim, this vehicle is the Luxury trim. As such, it's the base car and other than onStar does not have a navigation system. It was an Avis rental car. It has a 3.0 engine, heated seats and 6 disk CD player.

Good Luck, Marv
    You're basing this on the fact it says Fleet vehicle?

----------

Thanks for all the excellent information. I am leery of rentals too because I know how I drive them! I would not have known it was ever a rental without the help here -- Thanks!

I may keep looking but they are very few and far between at a price I am comfortable paying. At this time there are a total of 4 for sale within 500 miles of me.

Thanks again!!!

FSU_Noles,

About half way down the VIN sheet there is code BQ2 = FLT- Avis Budget Rental Car

I wouldn't worry too much about a rental car, other than miles vs price and the understanding that it will not hold as good a resale value due to the fact it was a rental car.

To have real NAV, it has to have the pop up screen. Performance and Premium models have it as standard. You also wanted HID and they also come with those trim levels, as well as many other options that make the car!

I would also hold out for the 3.6 DI engine. You didn't mention miles and price, give us a clue and maybe someone here knows of one!

Marv

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.