Considering 2011 Sport Wagon - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Considering 2011 Sport Wagon in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Marv, The car I was looking at is listing at $23k and has 30k miles. I would like to get ...
    FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

Re: Considering 2011 Sport Wagon

Marv,

The car I was looking at is listing at $23k and has 30k miles.

I would like to get something with remaining factory warranty (~30k miles or less) and looking to keep it around the $25k mark. I currently have a lengthy commute to work and I am going to pile up miles quickly which is why I got rid of my 06 CTS in the first place, 23MPG wasn't cutting it. The wagon wasn't on my radar initially but I came across it during a search and it really caught my eye, not to mention I couldn't think of a time I had seen another wagon. Alternatively I may look to the Buick's with eAssist to capitalize on the mileage benefits (can't bring myself to honestly consider the Malibu).

Thanks!

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

FSU_noles,

What type of commute do you have? Reason that I ask is that there is a huge disparity in MPG numbers here. Many complain that they can't get the 23 you got with your old CTS.

I've only owned my '10 for a year, however I've put on about 20K making repeated long distance trips to take care of my elderly father. During all those miles, 90% freeway, I've averaged about 24.5 MPG. My highest MPG was 28 on a downhill trip to KC from Denver.

Read as many threads on MPG as you can to get a feel for what you may get.

Good Luck, Marv

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Noles View Post
    23MPG wasn't cutting it.
    I don't even get that in my wagon.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    In the entire history of Cadillac, have they ever been known to have good gas mileage? No. If you're worried about MPG then you shouldn't be buying a Cadillac. Simple as that. Have you done the math to see what the difference is for a year? It won't be enough to stop you from buying a Cadillac or something comparable sine they are all close to similar range. I drive 22k miles a year in my cts with about 20 mpg average and I don't give a shit. It's well worth it. THe car is awesome.

explorenorth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by arw1510 View Post
    In the entire history of Cadillac, have they ever been known to have good gas mileage? No. If you're worried about MPG then you shouldn't be buying a Cadillac. Simple as that. Have you done the math to see what the difference is for a year? It won't be enough to stop you from buying a Cadillac or something comparable sine they are all close to similar range. I drive 22k miles a year in my cts with about 20 mpg average and I don't give a shit. It's well worth it. THe car is awesome.
    In a recent interview with the designer of the new Camaro Z-28, he was asked what the mileage was. His answer was classic: "Of the top 10 reasons people buy a Z-28, fuel mileage is number 23!" I don't really know what I get from my 2010 sedan with the 3.6, but it doesn't seem to be much different than my Subaru Outback. I agree that the 3.6 would be needed with the wagon. I looked at the wagons but what really stopped me was that finding a buyer would be much tougher when it comes time to move on - sport wagons have just never really caught on in North America.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by explorenorth View Post
    I looked at the wagons but what really stopped me was that finding a buyer would be much tougher when it comes time to move on - sport wagons have just never really caught on in North America.
    ...which is a shame.

How did the masses get so suckered in on SUV's (oops, I mean trucks). What a bunch of morons. It drives like a truck, handles like a truck, rides like a truck and gets the gas mileage of a truck. And for what, so soccer moms across America can transport their 2.1 kids?

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    ...which is a shame.

How did the masses get so suckered in on SUV's (oops, I mean trucks). What a bunch of morons. It drives like a truck, handles like a truck, rides like a truck and gets the gas mileage of a truck. And for what, so soccer moms across America can transport their 2.1 kids?
    I tried talking my wife into a CTS AWD wagon when we retired her trusty 2004 Landcruiser. The Landcruiser was great and served us well and part of my needs at one time was to two a 6,500 lb boat. The boat has since been sold.

She has often commented how she loves my car and how it drives. I figured the wagon would address the utility part and AWD would take care of her fear of Michigan winters and she still has a similar driving experience to my CTS coupe.

The reaction from her and my kids was like I had three heads. So we bought a CPO BMW X5 instead. Fun fast and great handling vehicle, but it doesn't have much more utility than the CTS wagon. Actually I bet the CTS wagon has more interior space.

MKWAGON is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 AWD Sportwagon, Diamond white, 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    gets the gas mileage of a truck
    My truck gets = to, or better fuel economy. '99 Savana 3500, 6.5TD, 3.5 tons everyday "unloaded" (tare) vehicle weight, regular, non-econo driving. Sure it's not the same ride and handling, but, just saying. MK

mwhitted is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS4 Sport Wagon

I bought a CPO '12 Premium AWD with 4k miles in January. It was a factory exec car. It's loaded all options - Recaro seats, 19's, Rear seat DVD, full size spare, cross bars. I LOVE this wagon! I get 23-24 on the highway and 17 in town. Ride and handling is very good and it has become our road trip car of choice. I would without question buy another (for as long as I can...)

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Nice setup. Recaro's. Nice.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mwhitted View Post
    I bought a CPO '12 Premium AWD with 4k miles in January. It was a factory exec car. It's loaded all options - Recaro seats, 19's, Rear seat DVD, full size spare, cross bars. I LOVE this wagon! I get 23-24 on the highway and 17 in town. Ride and handling is very good and it has become our road trip car of choice. I would without question buy another (for as long as I can...)
    Hello mwhitted,

I am glad you are loving your CTS Sport Wagon! It seems like you have the right options to make your ride comfortable. Thanks for the positive feedback and your statement of wanting to have this vehicle for a long time. I am happy you are satisfied with your Cadillac vehicle. Continue to enjoy driving it around! Don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have concerns or questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer care

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

FSU, my biggest concern would be that it was in an accident and needed towed at less than 8,000 miles. Check the carfax on it. http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...DE8EY6B0149115 So a rental and in an accident. Wise move to look elsewhere.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

FSU_Noles
    Go 'Noles, I feel sorry for Pitt.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

My 3L CTS always got better hwy mileage than the 27 mpg rating. We would sometimes average 28mpg for the entire trip and that's with the cruise set at 79 mph.
    I am still considering a sport wagon but am looking to get more off then what cadillac is offering. Cadillac has given dealers a one time $3500 cashback offer for '13s.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by b4z View Post
    My 3L CTS always got better hwy mileage than the 27 mpg rating. We would sometimes average 28mpg for the entire trip and that's with the cruise set at 79 mph.
    I am still considering a sport wagon but am looking to get more off then what cadillac is offering. Cadillac has given dealers a one time $3500 cashback offer for '13s.
    Depends how much your dealer is motivated to sell! Don't forget about dealer holdback and dealer cash! Do some research on year end sales.

Marv

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.