CTS Pricing Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tinman
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, CTS Pricing Question in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hey all, I am new to the forum and have been looking to purchase a ~2010 CTS. I've wanted one ...
    srorobs is offline Cadillac Owners Member

CTS Pricing Question

Hey all, I am new to the forum and have been looking to purchase a ~2010 CTS. I've wanted one for the longest time, and now am in a position where I can finally make it happen. I am wondering if I should pull the trigger now, or if it would be smart to wait until the 2014 model hits dealers to buy. It would seem that with a new model out, demand for the current generation would drop, also causing pricing to drop. Maybe some of you have experience with this from the 1st to 2nd gen. Any insights or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Re: CTS Pricing Question

My thoughts are if you see it, buy it. If you snooze, you lose.

If a particular car is available and it has all of the goodies you want, then pull the trigger. I'm glad you are looking at a '10 or newer. Fewer problems.
    99flhr likes this.

billeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS 2012 CTS

One could argue that because the new CTS will cost about $6-7K more that the current model, the prices of used CTS's should go up when the new series is released.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    My thoughts are if you see it, buy it. If you snooze, you lose.

If a particular car is available and it has all of the goodies you want, then pull the trigger. I'm glad you are looking at a '10 or newer. Fewer problems.
    That attitude would definitely be every car dealers dream! But yes, I am looking for something pretty damn specific, so if I saw exactly what I wanted, I would probably scoop it up.

Quote Originally Posted by billeee View Post
    One could argue that because the new CTS will cost about $6-7K more that the current model, the prices of used CTS's should go up when the new series is released.
    That is definitely an interesting point for debate.

snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by billeee View Post
    One could argue that, and one could be very, very wrong.

Name one car apart from something VERY exclusive that's gone up when the newer, flashier, sexier with the newest goodies has come out.

Quote Originally Posted by snofun3 View Post
    One could argue that, and one could be very, very wrong.

Name one car apart from something VERY exclusive that's gone up when the newer, flashier, sexier with the newest goodies has come out.
    I agree. I mean, I could see someone being DEAD SET on wanting a CTS, but not being able to afford a newer body style, but in general, I don't think that would be the trend across the board so overwhelmingly that it would raise the prices of used CTS's.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.