Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New Cadillac concept coupe The Elmiraj

10K views 51 replies 22 participants last post by  gohawks63 
#1 · (Edited)
G
#2 ·
Love it, especially the grill can't stand the design of the cheap plastic grills Cadillac has even though I know it is because of pedestrian crash standards.

When I was for getting rid of the wreath It didnt cross my mind that the shield would end up looking like a Transformers Autobot symbol hehe

#3 ·
CTSCHICK said:
Love it, especially the grill can't stand the design of the cheap plastic grills Cadillac has even though I know it is because of pedestrian crash standards.

When I was for getting rid of the wreath It didnt cross my mind that the shield would end up looking like a Transformers Autobot symbol hehe
The more I look at it, the more I'm digging it. Now this is what I am looking from Cadillac, the same daring designs that created the CTS coupe. I personally think they watered down the designs with the ATS and even the new CTS.

This I like.

#8 ·
I agree 100% about the design of the new ATS and CTS. The dealership where I bought my car is right at my corner so I go by it all of the time. They sell Chevrolet and Cadillac and sometimes they park a Malibu and a ATS out front right next to each other and I don't think they look much different. I really like the Elmiraj. It definitely stands out which is what a Cadillac is supposed to do. Right now the new CTS is out of my price range so when I get a new car (probably next year or the year after) if the ATS coupe doesn't do it for me I might be out of here. I thought I read that the sedan is getting an option that includes a black grill and black wheels. I might consider that on a white car. I want to buy a Cadillac, I want to support American workers but it's pretty hard to plunk your money down on a car you're luke warm about. I always really liked the Audi A5 and with BMW coming out with the 4 series and even Mercedes with the CLA theres lots of choices.

G
#4 · (Edited)
I agree, This is something they should have just shut up about with the concept crap and showed it at the auto show this January and put that baby out by the end of next year..
I can't stand that about GM they keep showing cool stuff that they will never build Just shut up keep it secret and build the dam thing.

The only thing I am not liking is the placement of the Cue it is to far over towards the passenger side.

I like how they put the crest/shield on the side of the car as seen in both videos too..

#5 ·
CTSCHICK said:

I'm not really feeling the new logo, but I don't hate it.

#6 ·
This is the BEST looking Cadillac in history, IMO, PERIOD! This may very well be a sneak peak at the next CTS coupe as well. I have gone back and forth between the current V Coupe (based on my love for the car and the "talk" that Cadillac will not make another CTS Coupe variant) and the new 2014 CTS Sedan - but I think this will be the next Coupe - should be at least 90% of concept and 2 years into build quality issues/ delivery should list for no less than $68K at base - the world is ready for this - just spent time in Monte Carlo amidst Ferraris Bentleys, Bugattis and Astons, this car will blow them away - yes the CIEL is/ was gorgeous - but this video is very good at indicating it was a time-space launch for something next - not an arrival point for a new car - that "next car" is this coupe.

Congrats Cadillac - GREAT JOB!!!

----------

Do not be fooled by the "El Mirage" moniker - this is no mirage - this will be the basis for the next coupe - just watched these videos and the designers could not hold back Cadillac/GM design plans in their speak. which is great!!!! BRING THIS BABY ON!!!!

It makes me very, very proud to own this company's product (have for 2 gens now) - they are on a mission to reclaim "Standard of the World" status - please just bring it on and deliver once and for all.

----------

This is the BEST looking Cadillac in history, IMO, PERIOD! This may very well be a sneak peak at the next CTS coupe as well. I have gone back and forth between the current V Coupe (based on my love for the car and the "talk" that Cadillac will not make another CTS Coupe variant) and the new 2014 CTS Sedan - but I think this will be the next Coupe - should be at least 90% of concept and 2 years into build quality issues/ delivery should list for no less than $68K at base - the world is ready for this - just spent time in Monte Carlo amidst Ferraris Bentleys, Bugattis and Astons, this car will blow them away - yes the CIEL is/ was gorgeous - but this video is very good at indicating it was a time-space launch for something next - not an arrival point for a new car - that "next car" is this coupe.

Congrats Cadillac - GREAT JOB!!!

#11 ·
99flhr said:
While I doubt they`ll build it, it`s quite attractive in concept form.

Really like the "Eames Lounge chair" seat backs. :cool2:
Well the CTS coupe is just about identical to the concept that was introduced in 2009 (I think) so there is hope.

I remember standing in front of the turntable at the NAIAS In Detroit just staring at the car lustfully thinking how cool and futuristic the car looked. Looking at the pictures of the Emiraj, I am almost feeling the same way..

The last three cars I have owned were cars whee I said "I gotta have it" when I first laid my eyes on it. That's how I felt when I saw the CTS coupe, but I wanted to see what Acura would do to replace the RL. When they introduced the RLX concept it looked boring to me and it made jumping over back to the domestics easier.

I bought my Coupe and plan to own it for several more years, if Cadillac builds this car similar to the concept (like they did with the CTS coupe), this could very well be my next car

G
#21 ·
I am sure we are all aware it is just a concept geez

The ELR I think they used part of the Converj/140S concept from a few years ago.

And it didnt stop them from releasing the 5th gen Camaro based exactly off of the concept with only minor changes.

#22 ·
I love this new coupe why cant Cadillac be like DODGE they came out with the VIPER concept and the actuall car was almost a dead ringer for the concept car.
Cadillac should just go for broke and build a Top end coupe like the S class coupe 6 series coupe or Bentley cometitor.
If the car was big bold like the concept i would be the first to drop my $100k on a car like this .
Cadillac was once the envy of the whole world they can be that again they just have to be daring enough to go for it and not chicken out.

#23 ·
I'm really liking it. Since this is only a concept cars and usually it is only "design cues" that actually make it into production, it is very nice to see Cadillac upping the ante on themselves. I really like the looks of the ELR, which is close but not the same as the concept. The ATS coupe has potential from the camo photos I've seen. So, I'm hoping they integrate some of these design cues in future models. One thing that I don't like on this concept is a it's about a foot too long for me. 200+ inches is a foot longer than my coupe right now.

Also must comment on those saying use Eldorado. I totally disagree. Like it or not Cadillac has chosen to evolve. Yes, like many carmakers these days, they are an alphanumeric soup of a name that is less imaginative than the classics, but I for one would not buy an Eldorado. I'm not retired yet and Cadillac's goal is to bring in younger buys. Eldorado is the antithesis of Cadillac's goal. In fact, Elmiraj, I think, is a good homage to the past while integrating a new name. Just like the Ciel, I doubt that name gets used anyway.

#24 ·
RippyPartsDept said:
[*]con·cept

/ˈkänsept/

Noun

[*]An abstract idea; a general notion.
[*]A plan or intention; a conception.

Synonyms
notion - idea - conception - thought - intention

These concept cars are not meant to be production vehicles ... they are meant to showcase the intentions and ideas that Cadillac is thinking about conceiving in the omega flagship
Again I reiterate, the CTS coupe is almost identical to the concept.

#25 ·
yes some concept cars are very close to the production car Converj/ELR, Camaro, XTS ... but we are told at the time the 'concept' is released that it is going to be produced

with these cars they are saying exactly the opposite - they are not going to produce an Elmiraj
it is a proper concept ... not just a pre-production vehicle that's called a concept at an auto show

#26 ·
RippyPartsDept said:
yes some concept cars are very close to the production car Converj/ELR, Camaro, XTS ... but we are told at the time the 'concept' is released that it is going to be produced

with these cars they are saying exactly the opposite - they are not going to produce an Elmiraj
it is a proper concept ... not just a pre-production vehicle that's called a concept at an auto show
I don't remember. How did they position the CTS coupe?

#27 ·
not a true concept ... same as the XTS and Camaro ... basically "here's the car that we will be selling next year"

they often use terms like "Cadillac will unveil the production version of the xxx concept at the NAIAS in January" in these types of situations

the Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance is usually where Cadillac unveils "true" concept vehicles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.