New Cadillac concept coupe The Elmiraj - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, New Cadillac concept coupe The Elmiraj in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; That platform is rumored to have a price tag of around $100K...
    CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: New Cadillac concept coupe The Elmiraj

That platform is rumored to have a price tag of around $100K

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

This quote is from the Car and Driver article.

The Elmiraj’s mission is not to accurately forecast any production model but rather to set the stage for future interpretations of Cadillac’s A&S design philosophy.

With that in mind, I don't expect a full production, but design cues from this vehicle. It looks a lot like the Cadillac Sixteen, which was unveiled in 2003 for probable production that never came to fruition. Again, I like its direction and styling.

But it is sitting on the future's larger sedan Omega platform though.

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    That platform is rumored to have a price tag of around $100K
    No problem! I'll sell my house; wife, two kids, two cars, three dogs, cat, two fish tanks with hundreds of exotic fish, guitar, amp, Tv's, Stereo, the clothes off my back, and my soul!!!!

Totally BULLSHITTING on the comments above, But DAMN!!!!!! I love That F--king car!
    mnmjack likes this.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Another interesting article on this basically saying that the Elmiraj shouldn't be bragging about a TT V8, but instead it should be made into a Tesla competitor.

I guess we'll see if the author is correct and the appetite is there when the ELR goes on sale.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12012...o&cm_ven=YAHOO

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

I'm thinking that the Tesla is eventually heading to the crapper. This is just my opinion (on all electrics; extended range, i.e. Volt, ELR and some of the hybrids excluded), but after the rich 'greenies' run out, the market will be exhausted. I'm still having problems with an all electric vehicle (pending a battery breakthrough) that would provide like-service a ICE provides.
    99flhr likes this.

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

Sign me up. But it has to have stick shift!

Here is another article on the Omega platform and GM mentioning the cancellation of an even larger/more expensive platform.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...#axzz2cYAV0sjO

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by C&C View Post
    I'm thinking that the Tesla is eventually heading to the crapper. This is just my opinion (on all electrics; extended range, i.e. Volt, ELR and some of the hybrids excluded), but after the rich 'greenies' run out, the market will be exhausted. I'm still having problems with an all electric vehicle (pending a battery breakthrough) that would provide like-service a ICE provides.
    I have to respectfully disagree with you about Tesla. Car of the year. Just today announced Safest car ever built (due to lack of engine up front and thus more crumple zones). Consumer reports rave reviews. There's definitely something to be said about that article and Silicon valley being ahead of the times. Do I predict Iphone speed in Tesla catching up to the Big 3, no, but don't count out the electric car. The reason you don't see more Teslas or even Volts for that matter is price. Granted, I thought that after California required that a certain percentage of cars be alternatively powered back around 1999 or so, that we'd see a lot more by now. Events change though. 9/11, the recession, among many other factors. Even I am not convinced it will be electric cars. Hydrogen makes the most sense if it wasn't for price and infrastructure. The Volt, along with Tesla, has shown that range anxiety can be overcome.

Plus, I think that if Tesla succeeds, then the ELR will succeed, and then the Volt, the Spark, etc. In other words, I think it's good for the industry despite the fact that it's not for everyone.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

One great acknowledgement from "the street.com" article is that Cadillac has the best designers in the world, and this is obvious by the beauty of the Elmiraj. The video on the "Maxim.com" link above shows how cool the Elmiraj looks in motion--truly outstanding! At 1:08 in the tape the tail lamps, with the thin chrome strip between the vertical lenses, is gorgeous! It's exciting to think Cadillac is the car maker whose concepts have come to production (ie. the '09 CTS Coupe concept being available to buy in 2011) making it likely Cadillac may BUILD the Elmiraj!

As for the powerplant, GM should weigh carefully the premise of the author in "the street.com" aritcle relative to Silicon Valley and carefully consider an electric powerplant for the Elmiraj. Whatever they choose, keep the design as close as possible to the concept--it's magnificent! The heritage of Cadillac reveals extraordinary styling to be the most common element of its most successful models through the years, and the Elmiraj continues that tradition.

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX V6 RWD, 1999 Corvette..370 RWHP and many more mods

The Tesla S will be successful not because it's a good electric car but because it's a great car in spite of it being electric. The car itself is beautiful, looks extremely well made with an interior made using very high quality leather and all the amenities one would expect of a car in its class. Centerpoint of the interior is a 17'' touchscreen that is connected to the internet. The car is eerily silent to drive, handles very well and is fast. 0-60 in base trim is under 6 seconds and the performance trim will do it in just over 4 seconds. Top speed is between 120 and 130 depending on which Tesla S trim level you get. Range is just over 200 miles for the base trim and 265 miles for the other levels.

Tesla was created by Elon Musk, who is a self made billionaire and realizes that for the car to successful, it would need a warranty that is best in class. The Tesla S warranty is 4 years or 50,000 miles with available service plans that can extend it to 8 years and unlimited miles. It is a limited warranty that covers everything but tires. It is recommended that the car have an annual inspection done (no charge with a service plan) but if you don't happen to get around to having it done, it in no way affects your warranty coverage. Any improvements, upgrades or software updates that are made to new Tesla S cars will be done on all Tesla S cars under warranty at no charge. When your car needs service or has a problem you can bring it to a service center or have them come pick it up. Either way you get a Tesla to use at no charge. There is also the option of having someone come out and do the work where it is for many jobs. And with Tesla, there are no dealers to contend with as all Tesla showrooms and service centers are company owned.

Taking long trips are being made possible with the rapid growth of Tesla charging stations along the interstates. Coast to coast by the end of the year. These stations are called Superchargers and are being constructed near diners, restaurants and shopping malls. A 200 mile charge can be done in 30 minutes for free while you get a bite to eat or for the cost of 15 gallons of gas, you can have your battery pack swapped for a fully charged one in less time than it takes to pump 15 gallons of gas if you are in a hurry.

By now you must think I'm some sort of greenie but that is far from the truth. I love the smell of exotic racing fuel exhaust and the smell of burning trees in a fireplace. I love the sound of a AA Fueler or superstocker, F1 cars or the fabulous Hudson Hornet 308 cubic inch flathead six. But most of all I love the sound of any internal combustion engine I'm driving on the race course or the street. But I have to admit that after driving a Tesla last fall and now that a friend of mine has one. It gets me thinkin sometimes...it gets me thinkin.

Bill
    angelbones likes this.

Omega Test Mule look at photo #10

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/30/c...ing-spy-shots/

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    What are you tying to point out?

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.