New Cadillac concept coupe The Elmiraj - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, New Cadillac concept coupe The Elmiraj in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Overall design is great. I love the clean side treatment. Chrome strip between the hood and fender needs to go. ...
    billeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS 2012 CTS

Re: New Cadillac concept coupe The Elmiraj

Overall design is great. I love the clean side treatment. Chrome strip between the hood and fender needs to go. Looks like it has LED DRLs. They will be as dated as clear taillight lenses in a few years.

Johnny_Buchanan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Allante '88
    Indeed the car looks cool and production ready. Cadillac should just build it, drop the stubid name and call it Eldorado.

Press release saying that it'll happen will make me start saving instantly

-J

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    93DevilleUSMC likes this.

99flhr is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by C&C View Post
    What is the matter with: 'the mirage'.
    Already in use on Mitsubishi`s stunning 74hp sub compact.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

• con·cept

/ˈkänsept/

Noun
      1. An abstract idea; a general notion.
      2. A plan or intention; a conception.
      Synonyms
      notion - idea - conception - thought - intention

These concept cars are not meant to be production vehicles ... they are meant to showcase the intentions and ideas that Cadillac is thinking about conceiving in the omega flagship
    99flhr and Tbbt like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

AntCadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac Deville and 1991 Cadillac Eldorado
    Look at cadillac most recent release, the elr! That was identical to the concept! I hope this is the same way.. I hope it beats the crap out of the s-class coupe!!

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

I am sure we are all aware it is just a concept geez

The ELR I think they used part of the Converj/140S concept from a few years ago.

And it didnt stop them from releasing the 5th gen Camaro based exactly off of the concept with only minor changes.

S420merc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I love this new coupe why cant Cadillac be like DODGE they came out with the VIPER concept and the actuall car was almost a dead ringer for the concept car.
    Cadillac should just go for broke and build a Top end coupe like the S class coupe 6 series coupe or Bentley cometitor.
    If the car was big bold like the concept i would be the first to drop my $100k on a car like this .
    Cadillac was once the envy of the whole world they can be that again they just have to be daring enough to go for it and not chicken out.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

I'm really liking it. Since this is only a concept cars and usually it is only "design cues" that actually make it into production, it is very nice to see Cadillac upping the ante on themselves. I really like the looks of the ELR, which is close but not the same as the concept. The ATS coupe has potential from the camo photos I've seen. So, I'm hoping they integrate some of these design cues in future models. One thing that I don't like on this concept is a it's about a foot too long for me. 200+ inches is a foot longer than my coupe right now.

Also must comment on those saying use Eldorado. I totally disagree. Like it or not Cadillac has chosen to evolve. Yes, like many carmakers these days, they are an alphanumeric soup of a name that is less imaginative than the classics, but I for one would not buy an Eldorado. I'm not retired yet and Cadillac's goal is to bring in younger buys. Eldorado is the antithesis of Cadillac's goal. In fact, Elmiraj, I think, is a good homage to the past while integrating a new name. Just like the Ciel, I doubt that name gets used anyway.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept
    [*]con·cept

/ˈkänsept/

Noun
    [*]An abstract idea; a general notion.[*]A plan or intention; a conception.
    Synonyms
    notion - idea - conception - thought - intention

These concept cars are not meant to be production vehicles ... they are meant to showcase the intentions and ideas that Cadillac is thinking about conceiving in the omega flagship
    Again I reiterate, the CTS coupe is almost identical to the concept.

yes some concept cars are very close to the production car Converj/ELR, Camaro, XTS ... but we are told at the time the 'concept' is released that it is going to be produced

with these cars they are saying exactly the opposite - they are not going to produce an Elmiraj
    it is a proper concept ... not just a pre-production vehicle that's called a concept at an auto show
    99flhr likes this.
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept
    yes some concept cars are very close to the production car Converj/ELR, Camaro, XTS ... but we are told at the time the 'concept' is released that it is going to be produced

with these cars they are saying exactly the opposite - they are not going to produce an Elmiraj
    it is a proper concept ... not just a pre-production vehicle that's called a concept at an auto show
    I don't remember. How did they position the CTS coupe?

not a true concept ... same as the XTS and Camaro ... basically "here's the car that we will be selling next year"

they often use terms like "Cadillac will unveil the production version of the xxx concept at the NAIAS in January" in these types of situations

the Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance is usually where Cadillac unveils "true" concept vehicles

ctspremium is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by popacork
    Build it and I will buy it!
    Amen!!
    bluefleetwood likes this.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Just like I said a little while back and someone asked what I meant by what Omega was hehe

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...sedan/2570275/

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

I just came!!! If they release it as the pictures & video show this will be my next Caddy! I also love the looks of the upcoming ELR.
    mnmjack likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.