HDD issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, HDD issues in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Last night my 2 week old 2013 CTS coupe with the 40gb HDD started skipping thru the songs on HDD ...
    chinorider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

HDD issues

Last night my 2 week old 2013 CTS coupe with the 40gb HDD started skipping thru the songs on HDD like it was on Fast Forward 4X. Really bad sound.

After trying several different things, I erased all the albums I had recorded and today I reloaded a few albums and all seems fine. Oh Oh, I know if it screwed up once it has a good chance of screwing up again. Has anybody had issues with their HDD on the Entertainment System ?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: HDD issues

Hello chinorider,

Congratulations on your new CTS! I am sorry to hear that you that you are experiencing an issue with your HDD in your new CTS. I do see that you have resolved the issue by erasing and reloading your albums. I also see that you are reaching out to see if anyone else has experienced this issue, but I just wanted to extend my assistance in working with the dealership if you experience the issue again. Thank you very much for your time, and I look forward to looking for your updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by chinorider
    Last night my 2 week old 2013 CTS coupe with the 40gb HDD started skipping thru the songs on HDD like it was on Fast Forward 4X. Really bad sound.

After trying several different things, I erased all the albums I had recorded and today I reloaded a few albums and all seems fine. Oh Oh, I know if it screwed up once it has a good chance of screwing up again. Has anybody had issues with their HDD on the Entertainment System ?

Thanks
    No issues here....maybe it was a bad download/transfer to the HDD. Did you transfer from a CD or USB drive? (I've only copied one CD, which took so long that I cancelled it)

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by chinorider

Thanks
    None at all works great. Actually the design and integration in the CTS is worlds better than the integration in our BMW X5.

I have been very pleased with it.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Re: HDD issues

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    None at all works great. Actually the design and integration in the CTS is worlds better than the integration in our BMW X5.

I have been very pleased with it.
    gohawks63, that's interesting, that the design & integration of the infotainment system in the CTS is far better, in your opinion, than that of the BMW X5. Many/most German marques tend to make some of their controls overly complicated and busy.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by RAB

gohawks63, that's interesting, that the design & integration of the infotainment system in the CTS is far better, in your opinion, than that of the BMW X5. Many/most German marques tend to make some of their controls overly complicated and busy.
    I probably haven't spent enough time learning it in the X5 since that's my wife's DD, but all I know is that in the CTS all I did was convert the songs on iTunes to MP3 and then copied them over to a USB. In the CTS I recorded them over and they are all catalogued by artist, genre, album, etc.

When I did that in the X5 it just bunched them all together. It doesn't give me the ability to search in the same way as in the CTS.

Also in the X5 I can only timeshift when listening to satellite radio. It doesn't let me timeshift regular old over the are radio.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.