2010 sedan seat pivoting
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2010 sedan seat pivoting in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Greetings! It has been a while since I've last posted but I do keep up with the forums as a ...
    Jayceejay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T RWD

Unhappy 2010 sedan seat pivoting

Greetings!
    It has been a while since I've last posted but I do keep up with the forums as a quiet observer.

I have had my CTS since November 2012 and purchased it with 26,000 miles.

I love the experience I have had with my car and have only had to take it into my local dealership a couple of times for warranty regarding my driver side seat warmer and lumbar support not working as it should. Both times the seat has never been removed, each was worked with the seat in place.

More recently, I have noticed as I accelerate and brake that my seat seams to pivot backwards and forwards respectively. I went back to the dealer this past Saturday and explained what is going on and after an hour of me waiting, the technician says that the position of my seat is putting pressure on where the bottom and back meet. Okay.. All this week I have tried different seat positions against my own comfortable driving position and am still experiencing the pivoting when I accelerate and decelerate!

At this point I am wanting to go back to the dealer and tell the tech to drive the car so that they can recreate the movement as it does not seem to happen when the car is still. I appreciate any response from the forum; if they are experiencing the same thing now or at one point in time and what was the resolution.

Thanks for reading and again, I appreciate your responses!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Re: 2010 sedan seat pivoting

There have been two different reports that might be what you are seeing. 1. Loose seat attaching bolts and 2. Cracked seat mounts

Both need to be addressed as a safety issue. I'm sure if you search, you will find more information.

good luck, Marv

Tbbt,

Thanks for the lead! I will do a search and see what I find!

Surfstix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium & 2008 SRX4

That was one of the lamest answers for a problem I have ever heard but at least they didn't tell you we cannot reproduce the problem.Bring up that safety issue with the dealer and then file a report with the BBB or NHTSA if they don't fix it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayceejay View Post
    Greetings!
    It has been a while since I've last posted but I do keep up with the forums as a quiet observer.

I have had my CTS since November 2012 and purchased it with 26,000 miles.

I love the experience I have had with my car and have only had to take it into my local dealership a couple of times for warranty regarding my driver side seat warmer and lumbar support not working as it should. Both times the seat has never been removed, each was worked with the seat in place.

More recently, I have noticed as I accelerate and brake that my seat seams to pivot backwards and forwards respectively. I went back to the dealer this past Saturday and explained what is going on and after an hour of me waiting, the technician says that the position of my seat is putting pressure on where the bottom and back meet. Okay.. All this week I have tried different seat positions against my own comfortable driving position and am still experiencing the pivoting when I accelerate and decelerate!

At this point I am wanting to go back to the dealer and tell the tech to drive the car so that they can recreate the movement as it does not seem to happen when the car is still. I appreciate any response from the forum; if they are experiencing the same thing now or at one point in time and what was the resolution.

Thanks for reading and again, I appreciate your responses!
    Hello Jayceejay,

I am glad you enjoy your CTS. I see forum members have offered advice on your situation. I am sorry you are experiencing seat issues. It is a good idea to bring your vehicle back to the dealer and request to ride with the technician in your vehicle. Let me know what you decide to do. I can assist throughout this process if you would like. I can be contacted via private message so we can further discuss your concerns.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks everyone for your responses! I have set up an appointment for next week Tuesday to have the tech drive the car and see what is going on. Will keep everyone updated on the situation.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayceejay View Post
    Thanks everyone for your responses! I have set up an appointment for next week Tuesday to have the tech drive the car and see what is going on. Will keep everyone updated on the situation.
    Hello Jayceejay,

I know I already reached out to you, and that you have private messaged me. We can continue our interaction via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

exm22psu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD Premium

I had that problem and it was a bent seat frame. It rocked regardless of whether the car was moving or not.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.