Snap, crackle, pop
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Snap, crackle, pop in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just dropped my 2010 CTS 3.0 AWD off at the dealer. Steering column has a creak/pop when turning. I'm not ...
    waynecarlisle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4

Snap, crackle, pop

Just dropped my 2010 CTS 3.0 AWD off at the dealer.

Steering column has a creak/pop when turning. I'm not sure if its inside the cabin and just plastic or further down the column outside the cabin. You can feel and hear it at any speed when turning the steering wheel.

Driver side headlight is fogged on the inside and gives a weird light pattern.

The sunroof cracks and pops anytime the body flexes, like when turning into my driveway.

Creaks and pops in the console and seats.

Crappy gas mileage. 13.5 around town. Highway is around 19.

Sould all be covered by warranty. This is the first time I have had to use the dealer. Hope they can fix a few of the items.

My work car is a 2003 Crown Vic that has been badly mistreated and run very hard with 195000 miles on it and it's quieter than this 2010 CTS.

Thanks for letting me vent just a little.

Later...
    Wayne

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Snap, crackle, pop

Quote Originally Posted by waynecarlisle View Post

Steering column has a creak/pop when turning. I'm not sure if its inside the cabin and just plastic or further down the column outside the cabin. You can feel and hear it at any speed when turning the steering wheel.

The sunroof cracks and pops anytime the body flexes, like when turning into my driveway.

Sould all be covered by warranty. This is the first time I have had to use the dealer. Hope they can fix a few of the items.

My work car is a 2003 Crown Vic that has been badly mistreated and run very hard with 195000 miles on it and it's quieter than this 2010 CTS.

Later...
    Wayne
    Hello Wayne,

I apologize for these multiple vehicle issues you are experiencing. I see you have dropped your vehicle off at the dealership. I want to stay involved throughout this process and make sure your issues are taken care of. Please let me know how everything goes after the dealer visit. I can be contacted via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Good luck on getting some satisfaction. MPG is somewhat normal from what I read here for AWD. As they say, "Your mileage may vary". Yeah, it sure does.

Dealer called back today. They are replacing a "steering knuckle"? To fix the noise in the steering wheel.

Service manager said he can't replace the bad headlight. He said its not bad enough. What is "bad enough"?

They also said nothing can be done about the rest of the creaks and pops, gas mileage is normal and have a nice day.

My first and last cadillac. I'm replacing my wife's Mercedes this weekend. It won't be with a cadillac.

I'll drive this one till I can afford to buy something else. Maybe a ford truck.

Thanks and have a nice day
    Wayne
    99flhr likes this.

hostmadsen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

Sounds like my car, in particular the sunroof. I have given up on having the dealer do anything about it. I try to fix rattles and cracks myself, as far as possible. Compared with my previous Mercedes, the quality of the Cadillac is actually seems better (and this is backed up by quality surveys), but the service experience is just so much worse when something is wrong.

It's the arrogance that bothers me. The actual work (what little they do) seems fine. The service manager seems too concerned with covering his tail than helping customers. Because he wouldn't replace a faulty $300 headlight, cadillac lost a future $40,000-$50,000 sale.

Wayne

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by hostmadsen View Post
    Sounds like my car, in particular the sunroof. I have given up on having the dealer do anything about it. I try to fix rattles and cracks myself, as far as possible. Compared with my previous Mercedes, the quality of the Cadillac is actually seems better (and this is backed up by quality surveys), but the service experience is just so much worse when something is wrong.
    You can't tell engine oil from coolant and you're trying to 'fix' your own car? You are right, Cadillac is miles ahead of Mercedes (in my experience only).

Let the professionals maintain your car!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    You can't tell engine oil from coolant and you're trying to 'fix' your own car? You are right, Cadillac is miles ahead of Mercedes (in my experience only).

Let the professionals maintain your car!
    And what does this have to do with my thread?

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

And what does this have to do with my thread?
    wayne,

If you will read my comment, it is made to hostmadsen who responded ti your thread. That's how blogs work. Yes, he was kinda hijacking your thread.

Sorry, Marv

Marv,

I don't know you or hostmadsen personally. I do know that hostmadsen posted something while not quite helpful but was still in keeping with the thread.
    You posted a direct attack to him within my thread. Not cool.
    And no, that is not how blogs work. Most are designed to share information and help others with the same interests.
    Please, let's keep this civil. I understand that threads drift. That's ok most of the time.
    Now, back to the original topic...

Wayne

hostmadsen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

I was stating I have the same kind of problems, and also issues with service quality. I think that is a relevant comment. Of course it doesn't solve the original problem. Is it helpful? Perhaps, if enough people complain about service, Cadillac will take action. It happens on other forums. For example, the Apple forums -- it does appear Apple have taken notice if there is a thread with many people complaining about similar problems, although they never state so officially. Sure, optimistic in this case.

snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Later...
    Wayne
    Welcome to the world of Cadillac.

I (and MANY others) had the ultra-squeak roof issues, and the dealer should deal with it under the bumper to bumper warranty. It took 3 or 4 times to get mine better (not fixed) but better. Creaks and pops in the console and seat - normal, lousy mileage - normal. If the headlight has moisture in the inside, should be a no-brainer for replacement.

Good luck.

Im not sure what is going on with the headlight. You can see a fine layer of opaqueness (is that a real word) on the inside of the headlight. When the lights are on it is very visible. What bothers me is the light pattern. The best way to describe it is when pulled near a wall and the lights are on, the driver side has a "hole" in the middle of the light reflected on the wall. I am only getting about 60% output from that light.

Wayne

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

You can see a fine layer of opaqueness (is that a real word)

Wayne
    Yes, as is "opacity"

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I think the problem you are experiencing is probably more dealer related then car specific. I think your list of concerns is legitement and any decent dealer would either complete the repairs or give reasonable explanation. I have never had any problem with the dealer servicing my car which is why I am on my fourth CTS from them. I hope you get your problems resolved or perhaps you can find another dealer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.