Snap, crackle, pop - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Snap, crackle, pop in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; That's the way it should be, Wayne. Unfortunately, most companies provide Customer NO-Service....
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Re: Snap, crackle, pop

That's the way it should be, Wayne. Unfortunately, most companies provide Customer NO-Service.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

It has nothing to do with rules set by a service manager they are clueless on what is really going on with a car or even parts of a car.

Warranty work is given less time and pay compared to the same exact job being done out of warranty so a tech on flate rate pay is more likely to find short cuts to perform the job to minimize their time on a job and maximize their pay for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    It has nothing to do with rules set by a service manager they are clueless on what is really going on with a car or even parts of a car.

Warranty work is given less time and pay compared to the same exact job being done out of warranty so a tech on flate rate pay is more likely to find short cuts to perform the job to minimize their time on a job and maximize their pay for the job.
    I agree. It is the system that dictates. You got it dead on, CTSCHICK.

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

Okay, I didn't do well explaining what I meant by "I think some sort of factory expert and teacher support may become needed as dealers struggle to keep up." Like the factory zone reps, it might be good to have expert mechanics paid by the factory that could be scheduled to come and look at a problem, especially when it's back for the second or third fix. That person could work with the dealer mechanic and (hopefully) instruct them how to diagnose and fix the problem. That would give GM some "skin" in the game.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Cts chick how much do techs get paid?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Cts chick how much do techs get paid?
    A good tech or Master tech Less than a 3rd of the dealerships hourly labor rate.

Their not getting paid to sit around when there is nothing to do they are only getting paid for work they actually do which is what flate rate is.

It does not count some dealerships that have hourly paid lube boys with a lot less experience to none that also get assigned work that an experience tech should be performing.

waynecarlisle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4

CTS Chick has my vote for the new CEO of Cadillac

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by waynecarlisle View Post
    CTS Chick has my vote for the new CEO of Cadillac

Wayne
    I would proudly and happily accept except GM HQ would refuse to change their old ways that date back to before I was born.
    GM is the old mans club that meets behind the bookcase at the country club where you have to know the secret hand shake to be let in and or be one of to be promoted.

I run a small company if any of my employees did what I have experienced as Cadillac customer on the Dealership level I would be out of a job because of their piss poor work and because I was directly in charge of it.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

So dealers hire these techs independently. Are their credentials checked by higher ups in GM or does the background check start and end at the dealer?

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

A tech is hired solely at the discretion of the dealer who is an independent contractor of GM. Techs received model specific training but as we ave experienced this training seems limited to using the ecm,bcm and other computer inputs to diagnose problems then look to service bulletins for repair procedure. In the 4 CTS' I've owned only had one repair where a mechanic actually searched on his own to identify and fix a problem not related to computer involvement. I ha a neighbor who was a GM engineer who traveled to area dealerships when there was a repair concern that the dealer couldn't handle. Even then the tech support team would have to get involved. The field reps were eliminated during the bankruptcy time frame and have not been replaced. What they now call regional reps are merely customer service people designated to specific areas who work more closely with dealers in a specific area.

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Their not getting paid to sit around when there is nothing to do they are only getting paid for work they actually do which is what flate rate is.
    "Some jobs you beat the flat rate, other jobs the flat rate beats you"

I run a small company if any of my employees did what I have experienced as Cadillac customer on the Dealership level I would be out of a job because of their piss poor work and because I was directly in charge of it.
    This sentence describes me/us to a T. I could have written it.

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    A tech is hired solely at the discretion of the dealer who is an independent contractor of GM. Techs received model specific training but as we ave experienced this training seems limited to using the ecm,bcm and other computer inputs to diagnose problems then look to service bulletins for repair procedure. In the 4 CTS' I've owned only had one repair where a mechanic actually searched on his own to identify and fix a problem not related to computer involvement. I ha a neighbor who was a GM engineer who traveled to area dealerships when there was a repair concern that the dealer couldn't handle. Even then the tech support team would have to get involved. The field reps were eliminated during the bankruptcy time frame and have not been replaced. What they now call regional reps are merely customer service people designated to specific areas who work more closely with dealers in a specific area.
    They still have Field Service Engineer's I had a case with Gm in 2010 that required one they just changed the process of how to access or get help from them.
    They require that you use other help that is available first.

waynecarlisle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4

The car was delivered to me this morning. The noise in the steering column is completely gone. Headlights installed and adjusted properly. Center console still creaks. They said there was nothing they could do. Driver's seat still creaks and pops. They said there was nothing they could do. Sunroof still creaks and pops. They said there was nothing they could do.

I will follow the instructions on this forum to help silence these items. Seems like you guys are smarter than the cadillac techs.

Thanks for everyones help and support.

Wayne

hostmadsen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by waynecarlisle View Post
    TSunroof still creaks and pops. They said there was nothing they could do.

I will follow the instructions on this forum to help silence these items. Seems like you guys are smarter than the cadillac techs.

Thanks for everyones help and support.

Wayne
    I have the same issue with the sunroof. So far, I have not even been able to convince the dealer there is a problem. I just don't have the patience to go through all the steps to convince them and then in the end just end up not having it fixed. I have tried this with other issues and it is just too exhausting. Based on your outcome, it seems the sunroof is one of those issues that will end up not fixed.

I tried with a rattle from the door. They replaced the door insert, with no effect (worked for a week, but that's it). Said there is no more they can do. The mechanic was sympathetic: "Yes, I know it's irritating. I hate it when my car does that."

If you find a way to fix the sunroof creaks, please post so others can try as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.