Snap, crackle, pop - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Snap, crackle, pop in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I think we have read in recent posts, the people have experiences with other top tier dealers such as BMW ...
    C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: Snap, crackle, pop

I think we have read in recent posts, the people have experiences with other top tier dealers such as BMW and MB. I don't think USA dealers have a monopoly on bad or incompetent service. When mechanics became technicians, the quality of service and customer satisfaction has gone out the window. I'm lucky, as I said before, the dealership I go to will bend over backward to get the fix done right the first time.

rkj4243 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Luxury Sedan AWD Black Raven

I can provide some input on noise in steering column, as I had the issue, and the dealership did correct it when I went in for service.
    They replaced the upper steering shaft in mine, and I know that GM had a TSB where there was a bearing out of position on the column which also may be related.
    If your vehicle is under warranty, stay persistent, and get it repaired t your satisfaction, even if you need to find a dealer willing to do so.

waynecarlisle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4

The car is under warranty, the dealer is just lazy. There is no other dealer
    within easy drive distance. I'm pretty much screwed. I'll just keep taking
    it back until they get tired of me. I'm retired. I can spend all the time I need
    doing that.

Wayne
    99flhr likes this.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecarlisle
    The car is under warranty, the dealer is just lazy. There is no other dealer
    within easy drive distance. I'm pretty much screwed. I'll just keep taking
    it back until they get tired of me. I'm retired. I can spend all the time I need
    doing that.

Wayne
    Hey, as long as your not rude to them, (which I'm sure you're not) you can take it back as many times as you feel is necessary until your issue(s) is/are resolved. Unfortunately, it IS laziness!

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Laura, Gregory, all you cadillac customer service guys, I'm glad to see that you're helping Wayne out. Here's the thing. For the very short time I've been on these forums, I've seen so many people complain about the garbage cadillac service. I personally have gone through numerous things that I've posted about. Believe me I know there are many good dealers out there but there are too many dealers making a bad name for cadillac.

When I go to my local dealer I see a complete lack of pride. The people who work there, from service to sales don't have the mentality that they are serving customers of the premier American luxury car company. They cut corners and in some cases are downright disrespectful. They absolutely do not treat each car that they service as they would their own.

It's one thing to ask people to private message their vin and problems and to deal with each incident independently. But at what point do you start to realize that the problems with dealers are prevalent enough that something needs to be done on a much larger scale? The fact that I'm taking the time out of my day to post this shows that I am passionate about this. I absolutely love Cadillacs and want to recommend them to everyone but their service is embarrassing. Help me and others who love Cadillacs have no reservations when recommending cadillac to friends and family. Even if 30% of the dealers are the problem, that's enough to spread the word about poor service. People don't come on these forums to rave about amazing service. They come on to vent about horrible service. It's all over the Internet.

"BMW and Mercedes have the same problem" is the wrong answer. Surveys suck. Send undercover people to each dealer for service and rate them based on that. Send someone twice a year to each dealer. The lack of knowledge on the part of the "techs" is alarming. It's difficult to hand over the keys to "techs" who know less about your car than you do. It's an uneasy feeling. And sure enough you get the "could not duplicate" or "that's normal."

Something needs to be done on a large scale. Please.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by waynecarlisle View Post
    Picked up my car this morning. Steering column still crackles and pops. I have new lights but I don't think they aligned them. When I turned the radio on it scared me to death. Hip hop music at almost max volume. They were closing in a few minutes so I lodged a complaint and told them I would be back Monday morning for another loaner and they could keep my CTS as long as they needed to get it fixed. I don't know why I thought cadillac service would be any better than Ford or anyone else. Cadillac has its share of incompetent idiots just like everyone else I guess.
    Hello Wayne,

I apologize you are still experiencing issues. I see you have Emailed me in regards to this matter. I will continue to interact with you via Email so we can work towards a resolution for you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Laura, Gregory, all you cadillac customer service guys, I'm glad to see that you're helping Wayne out. Here's the thing. For the very short time I've been on these forums, I've seen so many people complain about the garbage cadillac service. I personally have gone through numerous things that I've posted about. Believe me I know there are many good dealers out there but there are too many dealers making a bad name for cadillac.

When I go to my local dealer I see a complete lack of pride. The people who work there, from service to sales don't have the mentality that they are serving customers of the premier American luxury car company. They cut corners and in some cases are downright disrespectful. They absolutely do not treat each car that they service as they would their own.

It's one thing to ask people to private message their vin and problems and to deal with each incident independently. But at what point do you start to realize that the problems with dealers are prevalent enough that something needs to be done on a much larger scale? The fact that I'm taking the time out of my day to post this shows that I am passionate about this. I absolutely love Cadillacs and want to recommend them to everyone but their service is embarrassing. Help me and others who love Cadillacs have no reservations when recommending cadillac to friends and family. Even if 30% of the dealers are the problem, that's enough to spread the word about poor service. People don't come on these forums to rave about amazing service. They come on to vent about horrible service. It's all over the Internet.

"BMW and Mercedes have the same problem" is the wrong answer. Surveys suck. Send undercover people to each dealer for service and rate them based on that. Send someone twice a year to each dealer. The lack of knowledge on the part of the "techs" is alarming. It's difficult to hand over the keys to "techs" who know less about your car than you do. It's an uneasy feeling. And sure enough you get the "could not duplicate" or "that's normal."

Something needs to be done on a large scale. Please.
    Hello Guy.Seminerio,

I appreciate you taking the time to post this and we value our customers feedback. Dealerships are independently owned and operated and I am sorry for any bad experience a customer has experienced with a dealer and its service. I would like to further address your concerns with you. Please reach out to me via private message, because this is the easiest way to communicate back and forth while making sure I receive the message, and in case personal information is needed.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Even if dealerships are independently owned, poor service at select dealerships reflects poorly on Cadillac as a whole. Cadillac needs to either have more control over these independently owned dealerships or they dealerships need not be independently owned.

Laura, I'm sure that although you probably won't admit it openly, you understand that this is true. And if you are truly passionate about Cadillac succeeding, you know that the lack of professionalism and knowledge at a Chevrolet dealership is absolutely unacceptable, let alone a Cadillac dealership.

What are people supposed to do? It's all over the owner's manuals. The absolute premier place for a customer to take their Cadillac in for service is the dealership. If the dealership is lacking in the technical knowledge necessary to service a vehicle, THAT'S IT! There is nothing else the customer can do. Anything else the customer does is supposed to be worse and less effective. I can say from personal experience and many will agree that this is HIGHLY frustrating. It's a hopeless feeling.

There is no need to move this to a private message conversation. I want prospective Cadillac owners to know that the service at certain Cadillac dealerships is SEVERELY lacking and that maybe they should think twice before picking up a Cadillac. Don't get me wrong i absolutely love the cars, and I want Cadillac to be successful, and by the way I happen to own a decent amount of GM stock, but what is it going to take for them to get their acts together?

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

IMO limiting dealerships to retain only the best can create more problems than it solves, both for customers and for GM. For customers, it brings less competition to do better in both pricing and service. It also means driving farther at service and at trade in time. Well trained service technicians are needed to please customers, but the rate of change of automotive technology, and the complexity of the vehicles, does not make good technicians easy to find or to keep.

I think some sort of factory expert and teacher support may become needed as dealers struggle to keep up. Certainly a searchable data base would be a plus for dealerships, allowing them to see reports on how many vehicles have a problem, and what the common approved solutions are. After all, that's why most people with car problems come to online forums.

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

They have access to all of that and much more Hauler

I'm not suggesting dealerships be forcibly closed down although there are a few I think fully deserve it and it would be for the good of Cadillac. I'm suggesting they be improved upon. Sending professionals to each dealer to provide periodic training on all the new technology is a good idea hauler, and if you ask me, is a no brainier. If they're not doing that already, they have serious issues. I also absolutely agree that there needs to be some kind of a network where dealers share solutions to certain problems. But if the dealers are competing with one another as you say, what is the incentive to do this? There is maybe pride in one's own dealership but its a pride in the brand that's lacking.

If there is a pride in the brand, all dealers will want to do whatever is possible to solve customers' problems even if it means helping another dealer. Everyone that works at Cadillac has to want Cadillac to succeed. Read up on Toyota workers in factorys in Japan. I hate Toyotas but they got the right idea.

They already do all of that to Guy plus they have regional training centers for their techs , online courses and test's that are timed,ect,ect.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    They already do all of that to Guy plus they have regional training centers for their techs , online courses and test's that are timed,ect,ect.
    I've been fooled then, too, just like Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    I've been fooled then, too, just like Guy.
    You and me both Tinman you already know that.
    knowing what I know from having a b.f. that was a tech is why I am even more disappointed
    tinman likes this.

waynecarlisle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4

It's like everything else. It's ruled by the almighty dollar. A tech has to follow guidelines placed down by the service manager and must follow the "book". All procedures must fit Cadillac's timeline and rules. The techs are not allowed to actually think outside the box in order to fix a non-standard problem.

The book says that if it is problem "A" then procedure "1A" must be followed. If the problem is not in the book, no one know how to fix it because they are not allowed to "waste" time learning.

Just like a lawyer or accountant, it's all about billable hours. Not customer service.

I retired from the computer service industry. My last job was in management. I made sure that my techs were free to explore creative ways to resolve problems. We wound up saving money in the long run and my customer base quadrupled. During my 12 year tenure as head of the technology department, I never lost an employee. They were very loyal and did an outstanding job. We provided CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Wayne

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.