Snap, crackle, pop - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Snap, crackle, pop in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by waynecarlisle Dealer called back today. They are replacing a "steering knuckle"? To fix the noise in the ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Snap, crackle, pop

Quote Originally Posted by waynecarlisle View Post
    Dealer called back today. They are replacing a "steering knuckle"? To fix the noise in the steering wheel.

Service manager said he can't replace the bad headlight. He said its not bad enough. What is "bad enough"?

They also said nothing can be done about the rest of the creaks and pops, gas mileage is normal and have a nice day.

My first and last cadillac. I'm replacing my wife's Mercedes this weekend. It won't be with a cadillac.

I'll drive this one till I can afford to buy something else. Maybe a ford truck.

Thanks and have a nice day
    Wayne
    Hi Wayne,

I am sorry for the trouble you are having with your vehicle and dealership. I would like to further discuss your concerns with you. If you would like, please contact me via private message and include your contact information, VIN, current mileage and the name and location of the dealership you are working with.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by hostmadsen View Post
    Sounds like my car, in particular the sunroof. I have given up on having the dealer do anything about it. I try to fix rattles and cracks myself, as far as possible. Compared with my previous Mercedes, the quality of the Cadillac is actually seems better (and this is backed up by quality surveys), but the service experience is just so much worse when something is wrong.
    Hello hostmadsen,

I am sorry to hear of any trouble you experienced with a malfunctioning sunroof and other issues, along with the poor service received at the dealership. If you would like to further discuss your concerns, please reach out to me via private message and a brief description of your situation, along with your contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name and location you have worked with. I would like to hear from you so we can work towards a resolution for your concerns.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

waynecarlisle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4

Laura,

PM sent.

Wayne

Surfstix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium & 2008 SRX4

Cadillac is going to lose a lot of sales if they keep it up.So far my 2011 is OK(knock on wood) my 09 was a frigging nightmare my wifes SRX is another headache they cannot reproduce any problems.No more Cadillacs for us I'll roll the dice with something else.I hope all these complaints on here are being forwarded to GM by Cadillac Customer Care maybe they will wake up doubtful but hey you never know.I just send copies of my work orders to the NSHTA perhaps if they get enough of the same complaints something will be done for future buyers.
    It's the arrogance that bothers me. The actual work (what little they do) seems fine. The service manager seems too concerned with covering his tail than helping customers. Because he wouldn't replace a faulty $300 headlight, cadillac lost a future $40,000-$50,000 sale.Wayne

Just got off the phone with my dealer. They agreed to replace the headlight. I'm stuck with all the squeaks and creaks. They said the checked a 2011 and it had the same thing. Doesn't speak well for cadillac.

All my life I have wanted a cadillac. They were THE car to own. I finally have one and am disappointed in the quality and having to struggle with the dealer to get things fixed that should be a no-brainer.

Customer service died a few years ago.. Not just cadillac but just about everywhere. It's a shame.

Thanks for everyone's advice and support. Seems like a nice group of people here.

Wayne

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Just got off the phone with my dealer. They agreed to replace the headlight. I'm stuck with all the squeaks and creaks. They said the checked a 2011 and it had the same thing. Doesn't speak well for cadillac.

All my life I have wanted a cadillac. They were THE car to own. I finally have one and am disappointed in the quality and having to struggle with the dealer to get things fixed that should be a no-brainer.

Customer service died a few years ago.. Not just cadillac but just about everywhere. It's a shame.

Thanks for everyone's advice and support. Seems like a nice group of people here.

Wayne
    Is there another dealer that you can go to? It sounds like your current dealer should be shut down for how they're treating their customers. Mine fixed ALL squeaks and rattles before my warranty was up!

Jeffc38, there is no other dealer within an hour's drive. I may do that if nothing improves with my dealer.

I have always been skeptical of "customer service" people in forums, but I am extremely please to report that Laura M in our forum actually does follow up on what she said she would. She did contact my dealer to follow up on my concerns. Thanks Laura!

Wayne

Jeffc38, there is no other dealer within an hour's drive. I may do that if nothing improves with my dealer.

I have always been skeptical of "customer service" people in forums, but I am extremely please to report that Laura M in our forum actually does follow up on what she said she would. She did contact my dealer to follow up on my concerns. Thanks Laura!

Wayne
    Hello Wayne,

You are welcome! I am here to assist any way that I can. Thanks for the shout out You know how to get a hold of me if anything else arises!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Picked up my car this morning. Steering column still crackles and pops. I have new lights but I don't think they aligned them. When I turned the radio on it scared me to death. Hip hop music at almost max volume. They were closing in a few minutes so I lodged a complaint and told them I would be back Monday morning for another loaner and they could keep my CTS as long as they needed to get it fixed. I don't know why I thought cadillac service would be any better than Ford or anyone else. Cadillac has its share of incompetent idiots just like everyone else I guess.

snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Picked up my car this morning. Steering column still crackles and pops. I have new lights but I don't think they aligned them. When I turned the radio on it scared me to death. Hip hop music at almost max volume. They were closing in a few minutes so I lodged a complaint and told them I would be back Monday morning for another loaner and they could keep my CTS as long as they needed to get it fixed. I don't know why I thought cadillac service would be any better than Ford or anyone else. Cadillac has its share of incompetent idiots just like everyone else I guess.
    Hope your experience doesn't end up like mine with my '08. Worst POS I've ever owned, and a hanger queen for 3 years.

Anyway, for an 11, they should deal with rattles and squeaks, but mine was a rattletrap. I rent Hyundai's that have far fewer issues.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Wayne,

You need to find a new dealer to deal with! This one must have been a Yugo dealer back in the day!

When you go back on Monday, please talk with the Service Manager and maybe even the GM. No one should be messing with your car while in their possession. No seat changes, no radio playing, etc. Not a disciplined dealer there!

As far as squeaks and rattles, dealers have repaired these using a felt strip between pieces that do rub together. Modern cars, unfortunately are not 'bolted' together in the interior and every brand has these problems. I worked for an OEM battery supplier and observed almost every type of car being built in the USA, Canada and Mexico. I was always mystified that they would actually run off the end of the production line! It's really an incredible assembly process!

Good luck and keep us (and Cadillac) informed.

Marv

Marv, all the service department does is drive a
    similar car from the lot and say that all cts make that noise.
    It's "normal". There are no real mechanics in this area. They are all
    "technicians". Unless its written in a manual somewhere, they
    are lost. I'll take it back and drive their 2013 ATS loaner.

Wayne

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

That sucks the big one! Sorry to hear these stories!

I would at least talk with the service manager. Strange as it sounds, he may not be aware of all his internal problems! Actually I would ask for a CTS loaner to verify 'they all do this'.

Marv

The service manager is the @#$%@@ that wouldnt replace my headlight the first time around.

Wayne

hostmadsen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

I have to say, it sounds like my dealer. I think the problem is that GM do not keep their Cadillac dealers under tight quality control. There might be some good dealers around, but it's not guaranteed. I think the other luxury car makers (i.e., MB, BMW, Lexus, Audi) are much more careful in granting dealerships. This is one point where Cadillac is still behind the European luxury car makers -- whereas I think in terms of the cars themselves they are very competitive.
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.