Multiple brake/traction service warnings
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Multiple brake/traction service warnings in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have a 2010 CTS 3.6 AWD. All of a sudden yesterday morning, I'm getting "Service" warnings for the Stabilitrack, ...
    explorenorth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 3.6

Question Multiple brake/traction service warnings

I have a 2010 CTS 3.6 AWD. All of a sudden yesterday morning, I'm getting "Service" warnings for the Stabilitrack, Brake Assist and Traction Control. There's been no noticeable change in the way it drives or stops. I have a appt for Friday to get the dealer to check it (the first available time), but this has the feeling of something that can be fixed by pushing the right sequence of buttons. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Multiple brake/traction service warnings

Quote Originally Posted by explorenorth View Post
    I have a 2010 CTS 3.6 AWD. All of a sudden yesterday morning, I'm getting "Service" warnings for the Stabilitrack, Brake Assist and Traction Control. There's been no noticeable change in the way it drives or stops. I have a appt for Friday to get the dealer to check it (the first available time), but this has the feeling of something that can be fixed by pushing the right sequence of buttons. Any ideas?
    Hello explorenorth,

I apologize for any trouble you are experiencing with your CTS. I see you have a dealership appointment on Friday. I would like to stay involved throughout this process and check on the outcome of your dealership visit. Please let me know how it goes! I can be reached via private message and help with any other concerns or questions you may also have.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks, Laura - will do.

I live in a remote town where Cadillacs are a pretty unusual sight - there are only half a dozen CTSs. As a result, I took "Ruby" to her first car show yesterday, and had some great conversations. So it will take a whole lot more than some service warnings to sour me on this superb piece of machinery. I had the original window sticker pasted in the window - it has every (non-V) option available for 2010 - and that's what prompted some of the discussions.

ytm_car_show-2013-ruby-2384.jpg

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

I live in a remote town where Cadillacs are a pretty unusual sight - there are only half a dozen CTSs. As a result, I took "Ruby" to her first car show yesterday, and had some great conversations. So it will take a whole lot more than some service warnings to sour me on this superb piece of machinery. I had the original window sticker pasted in the window - it has every (non-V) option available for 2010 - and that's what prompted some of the discussions.

Attachment 133161
    Beautiful! When I looked at the photo I thought you might be from Yellowknife, not too far off though. Yes I know MANY miles away, but in thinking.

Enjoy Ruby there in the summer!

Marv

Joe
    Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS blk/blk

That happened on my 08 it turned out to be a wheel bearing and sensor.

Thanks, Joe. I have an awful feeling that my new Dub wheels are at fault somehow.

RAB
    RAB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Based on info from the service manual.. the problem is likely caused by the loss of a Wheel Speed Sensor signal. Signal loss may be caused by single or multiple pieces of ferrous metallic debris stuck to the wheel speed sensor magnetic encoder ring. This magnetic encoder ring is now part of the inboard bearing hub assembly.
    To troubleshoot and correct this potential condition the dealer should reference document number PIC5428E - EBCM Wheel Speed Sensor Diagnostic Aid for ABS Message - Click Or Ratchet Noise - Service Traction Message - Service Stabilitrak Message - Service Steering Message - (May 10, 2013).
    Good luck.

Thanks! - I'll take that info in with me.

Thanks, Laura - will do.
    You are welcome explorenorth. I am here to help!

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Finally got the car into the dealer this morning (they didn't have time last week despite me dropping the car off for my appointment, and the next appointment they'd make was 6 days away). It's a broken magnet in the hub. It'll take 2 days to get a new one from Vancouver, then the shop is closed for 3 days for our long weekend, so 6 days to fix if I'm "lucky", because it's now undriveable. Am I happy with my first Cadillac mechanical-fixit experience? Not so much. Good thing I hadn't yet sold my Subaru, which never spent 6 days in the shop in its entire 265,000km of driving.

Gbg5006 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Explorenorth,

My coupe is currently in the shop for the same reasons. Third time now. Every time I take it in they say its fixed. About an hours worth of driving later all the lights come back on. They don't know what the problem is and nothing seems to be fixing it. 2013 with less than 12k miles. Mine seems to be setting the lights after going through a drivability cycle but nothing found around the hubs or sensors yet. First they replaced the break pedal position sensor. Then the second time they replaced the whole booster. I'm wondering if your issues have returned. I might be looking at a letter to GM on this one. Thanks!

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Gbg,

Welcome to the forum! Sorry that your first visit is to state a problem with your CTS. Hopefully your dealer will find the real problem.

Cadillac Customer Service monitors this independent site and I'm sure they will reach out to you. Answer back to them and get them involved with your problem.

Good Luck, Marv

Quote Originally Posted by Gbg5006 View Post
    Explorenorth,

My coupe is currently in the shop for the same reasons. Third time now. Every time I take it in they say its fixed. About an hours worth of driving later all the lights come back on. They don't know what the problem is and nothing seems to be fixing it. 2013 with less than 12k miles. Mine seems to be setting the lights after going through a drivability cycle but nothing found around the hubs or sensors yet. First they replaced the break pedal position sensor. Then the second time they replaced the whole booster. I'm wondering if your issues have returned. I might be looking at a letter to GM on this one. Thanks!
    Hello Gbg5006,

I would first like to say welcome to the forum! We are happy to have you as part of the Cadillac community. I am sorry you are already experiencing issues with your new to you 2013 CTS. I understand your frustration with bringing your vehicle in multiple times for the same issue. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please private message me or email at socialmedia@gm.com and include your full contact information, VIN and the name and location of the dealer you have worked with. I look forward to hearing from you so we can explore our options towards a resolution for you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.