Thunder Gray ChromaFlair 2013 CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Thunder Gray ChromaFlair 2013 CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello Cadillac owners! I am brand new to this forum and have a question regarding this color choice. I am ...
    jbj5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thunder Gray ChromaFlair 2013 CTS

Hello Cadillac owners! I am brand new to this forum and have a question regarding this color choice. I am going to purchase a 2013 CTS performance model in the next week or so. I fell in love with the Thunder Gray but came to find out it is discontinued as of this year. Should this be a concern for me? My sales guy says no but is checking with his body shop today. I know it's expensive and if any major repair is needed to the paint my insurance should cover it after I pay deductible. I'm concerned if something happens 3 to 4 years from now and no paint is available. Should this be a valid concern for me not to purchase this color? I want it though. Black Diamond was my first choice until I seen this color on the lot.
    Any help and insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is online now If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Thunder Gray ChromaFlair 2013 CTS

There are just about a skrillion discontinued car colors - and the blends are still in files everywhere. Any decent shop can blend and match our paints - not a concern. Matter of fact, they start with the basic manufacturer's formula and then modify that to reflect your car's age and sun damage - all done by spectrometry. It ain't 1965 any more.

Let's move this up to the proper CTS forum thar's where you'll be asking specific questions about your new car.

Welcome Aboard !!!

Thanks! I love this forum and need to get familiar on posting. Thanks for your help and answer.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

TGC is a beautiful color. You're crazy and I won't talk to you if you decide not to get it because it's discontinued!

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Most automotive paints; these days, are mixed right at the shop, especially larger shops. They can mix any color they need. I recently needed a quart of paint for my 1970 GTO. I just went to the supplier with the paint code and they mixed a perfect match. I guess it's not rocket science anymore. Like tinman said Thunder gray was my first choice but the dealer couldn't find what I wanted in that color and I couldn't wait to order because my lease was about to run out.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jbj5150 View Post
    Hello Cadillac owners! I am brand new to this forum and have a question regarding this color choice. I am going to purchase a 2013 CTS performance model in the next week or so. I fell in love with the Thunder Gray but came to find out it is discontinued as of this year. Should this be a concern for me? My sales guy says no but is checking with his body shop today. I know it's expensive and if any major repair is needed to the paint my insurance should cover it after I pay deductible. I'm concerned if something happens 3 to 4 years from now and no paint is available. Should this be a valid concern for me not to purchase this color? I want it though. Black Diamond was my first choice until I seen this color on the lot.
    Any help and insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Hello jbj5150,

Welcome to the forum! We are happy to have you part of the community. There is great advice offered on this forum and an awesome way to stay connected with other Cadillac owners. I see you already have interactions with other members. I agree with their advice also. We are here to assist and can further discuss any concerns or questions that arise. We can be reached via private message or Email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    TGC is a beautiful color. You're crazy and I won't talk to you if you decide not to get it because it's discontinued!
    Oh my mind is made up. It's mine. Lol. That color is awesome! He has two of them on the lot but with no nav. My sales guy said he doesn't think the dealership can put in nav ( which I find crazy) and he is trying to locate one with factory nav already installed. We will see...

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

There 2 different NAV systems available in the classified section of this site!

It can be done, is it easy? NO!

Hammerhead100 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS Performance Sedan

With a name like "Thunder Gray Chromoflair" it's gotta be good...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.