2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Looking and Learning about the CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I bought my wife a new 2012 SRX last year and have been very impressed with the vehicle. So much ...
- 08-04-13 03:43 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2012 Blk/Blk SRX Performance Collection
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
Looking and Learning about the CTS
I bought my wife a new 2012 SRX last year and have been very impressed with the vehicle. So much so that I'm thinking about buying a CTS for myself. I'm probably going to stick with a low mileage used car with either the performance or premium collection of options. I've looked at low mileage 2010's and 2011's and have a couple of simple questions.
- If the 2012 CTS is the benchmark, is there a significant difference between it and a 2008 through 2011 (assuming the same performance or premium models)?
- Is the 3.6L V6 direct injection engine that Cadillac started putting in the SRX in 2012 the same engine they have been putting in the 2008 through 2011 performance and premium model equipped CTS?
- Are there significant differences and/or improvements between AWD equipped 2008 through 2011 CTS's and the 2012 CTS?
- Are there significant differences and/or improvements between the 2008 through 2011 interior quality, fit, and finish and the 2012?
- 08-04-13 11:42 PM #2Originally Posted by hiznhrz
Rainsense wipers were available early on, the not offered and then came back in 2012
3.6L engine horsepower bumped 2012 from 304 HP 318 HP
Earlier model 2nd gen models had heated washer fluid nozzles that were later discontinued
Earlier models had timing chain and oil consumption issues that seem to be resolved in later years
- 08-05-13 08:31 AM #3
Re: Looking and Learning about the CTS
You really want a 2010 or newer due to engine timing chain issues that gohawks mentioned.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Power Service Products Diesel 9-1-1 - Diesel Fuel Winter Additive
Diesel Fuel Winter Additive - Winter Rescue Formula; De-Ices Frozen Fuel Filters; Reliquifies Gelled Fuel; Prevents Fuel Filter Icing; Treats 30 to 75 Gallons; 32 Oz.
- Hopkins Manufacturing SubZero - Windshield Cover
Windshield Cover - All Season Windshield Screen; No More Ice Scraping In The Winter; Universal Fit; Dimensions: 70 Inches By 29 Inches
- Kraco - Floor Mats
Floor Mats - Value; 4 Piece Vinyl Mat Set; GrayMore on Kraco - Floor Mats