Looking and Learning about the CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Looking and Learning about the CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I bought my wife a new 2012 SRX last year and have been very impressed with the vehicle. So much ...
    hiznhrz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Blk/Blk SRX Performance Collection

Looking and Learning about the CTS

I bought my wife a new 2012 SRX last year and have been very impressed with the vehicle. So much so that I'm thinking about buying a CTS for myself. I'm probably going to stick with a low mileage used car with either the performance or premium collection of options. I've looked at low mileage 2010's and 2011's and have a couple of simple questions.

- If the 2012 CTS is the benchmark, is there a significant difference between it and a 2008 through 2011 (assuming the same performance or premium models)?

- Is the 3.6L V6 direct injection engine that Cadillac started putting in the SRX in 2012 the same engine they have been putting in the 2008 through 2011 performance and premium model equipped CTS?

- Are there significant differences and/or improvements between AWD equipped 2008 through 2011 CTS's and the 2012 CTS?

- Are there significant differences and/or improvements between the 2008 through 2011 interior quality, fit, and finish and the 2012?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by hiznhrz
    I bought my wife a new 2012 SRX last year and have been very impressed with the vehicle. So much so that I'm thinking about buying a CTS for myself. I'm probably going to stick with a low mileage used car with either the performance or premium collection of options. I've looked at low mileage 2010's and 2011's and have a couple of simple questions.

- If the 2012 CTS is the benchmark, is there a significant difference between it and a 2008 through 2011 (assuming the same performance or premium models)?

- Is the 3.6L V6 direct injection engine that Cadillac started putting in the SRX in 2012 the same engine they have been putting in the 2008 through 2011 performance and premium model equipped CTS?

- Are there significant differences and/or improvements between AWD equipped 2008 through 2011 CTS's and the 2012 CTS?

- Are there significant differences and/or improvements between the 2008 through 2011 interior quality, fit, and finish and the 2012?

Thanks!
    Depending on the trim level you are looking for here are a couple of changes that I know of off the top of my head....

Rainsense wipers were available early on, the not offered and then came back in 2012
    3.6L engine horsepower bumped 2012 from 304 HP 318 HP
    Earlier model 2nd gen models had heated washer fluid nozzles that were later discontinued
    Earlier models had timing chain and oil consumption issues that seem to be resolved in later years

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Re: Looking and Learning about the CTS

You really want a 2010 or newer due to engine timing chain issues that gohawks mentioned.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.