2013 Warning Light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2013 Warning Light in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello: I have a new 2013 Coupe which I have had possession of for a bit over one week. Last ...
    mnmjack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Luxury Glacier Blue Metallic; Lt. Titanium/Ebony

Angry 2013 Warning Light

Hello:

I have a new 2013 Coupe which I have had possession of for a bit over one week. Last Wednesday, when the car was exactly one week old, the air bag warning light came on. The info center said to get it serviced immediately. I called On-Star to see if they could provide any more information and the nice person there said that she noted that the air bags did have an issue and had been disabled. I called the dealership and discussed it with the service manager and he said it could be anything from a bad sensor to a bad air bag and could take from a couple of hours to several days to search it out and have it repaired. I could not get the car in to have it looked at until this coming week. I don't know if it's just me, but I don't think a week old car should have ANY need to be back in service so soon; especially since the salesperson sold us on the idea that this car would rarely need service.

Is this a harbinger of things to come with this car? I certainly don't want to drive it until it's fixed, but it's almost like I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall -- when will something else go wrong with it?

Has anyone else had this issue or have any advice?

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: 2013 Warning Light

You're sending yourself to a bad place. Your CTS is made up of thousands of parts and any one can be faulty at any time. It stinks that it happened so soon after you got the car but things happen and they get fixed. If cars didn't need repairs; dealers wouldn't need service departments. There are plenty of boo-birds on this forum who will come and tell you all CTS' are bad and for the money should never need service. They will whip you into a frenzy so that you will never enjoy your car again. This is just a small hiccup in the road and very soon it will be a distant memory.
    Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new car!!!
    RAB, Loveldos, MKWAGON and 3 others like this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mnmjack View Post
    Hello:

I have a new 2013 Coupe which I have had possession of for a bit over one week. Last Wednesday, when the car was exactly one week old, the air bag warning light came on. The info center said to get it serviced immediately. I called On-Star to see if they could provide any more information and the nice person there said that she noted that the air bags did have an issue and had been disabled. I called the dealership and discussed it with the service manager and he said it could be anything from a bad sensor to a bad air bag and could take from a couple of hours to several days to search it out and have it repaired. I could not get the car in to have it looked at until this coming week. I don't know if it's just me, but I don't think a week old car should have ANY need to be back in service so soon; especially since the salesperson sold us on the idea that this car would rarely need service.

Is this a harbinger of things to come with this car? I certainly don't want to drive it until it's fixed, but it's almost like I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall -- when will something else go wrong with it?

Mike
    Hello mnmjack,

I apologize that your CTS is experiencing an issue with the airbag light after owning it for a week. I know how frustrating it can be to experience issues with a new vehicle. Do you have an appointment set up to bring your vehicle in so the concern can be addressed? Please keep us updated on the result of that visit if you do. If you would like any assistance in working with the dealership, please feel free to private message me on this account. I would need your name, contact info, VIN, mileage and dealership you are working with as well. If you are not able to private message us, you can also reach out to us at socialmedia@gm.com. Please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    mnmjack likes this.

sliderule01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

Obviously you never owned a Mercedes. When driving home with a new Mercedes 420 (it has been several years) it had major electrical issues - including a burned/melted wiring harness, lots of smoke, and multiple trashed computers. Dealer refused to honor the warranty - saying this never happens in a MB. I must have done something to the car. Considering it occurred less than one mile from the dealer, and 15 minutes after I left the dealer, they didn't have much to stand on - however, 6 months later and the threat of a lawsuit, and exposure on the TV, they finally agreed to fix the car. I got rid of it as soon as I could taking a huge hit on depreciation.
    mnmjack likes this.

ctspremium is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by mnmjack
    Hello:

Mike
    As you have probably already read, you have been given some good advice. Don't fume about this problem, but DO make arrangements with your dealer and get this resolved. I own a 2013 CTS Coupe and have it for 11 months and 14K on the Odometer with only a bad fob to have taken care of. Nothing is an absolute perfection which is why Auto dealers have service departments along with other departments to assist you in time of need.
    C "T" ess and mnmjack like this.

Thanks, C "T" ess.

Of course you're right. I still love the car and will continue to do so. I think one of my problems is the dealership personnel who on one hand tell me it's no big deal -- it happens sometimes -- but tell me it's extremely important for me to get it fixed immediately -- because it is unsafe to drive it without airbags. Geesh! This dealership is two hours away, so it is somewhat impossible to take the car in without driving it!

Thanks again for reining me in. Best wishes to you and your coupe!

Mike

----------

Thanks, Greg. I have an appointment to get it traced out and hopefully fixed. The dealership is two hours away, which makes it difficult to get there for immediate repair. I will keep your offer in mind and keep you posted.

Mike

Mike Zucker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe

I'll chime in too ... My '12 CTS coupe is over a year and a half old, with 15,000 miles. In that time, it had ONE problem - the XM reception started getting spotty, so the dealer replaced the antenna - problem fixed. This is the best, most reliable new (or used) car that I have ever owned, and I'm over 50 so there's been a few ! :-)
    mnmjack likes this.

Hey sliderule01:

Thanks for the post. I did drive a MB for a while a few years ago. I had a problem with an oil leak which seemed to disappear as they were searching for the cause! No oil on the garage floor, but it was constantly losing it somewhere! I dropped that car ASAP and went to Toyota for a while. What a change (in all cases!). Best wishes for you and your CTS!

Mike

----------

Thanks CTSPremium:

I will try not to pay more attention than what I need with this hiccup. As I have written to others, I have an appointment to get it looked at, so maybe I will have no further problems after that!

Best wishes to you!

Mike

----------

Thanks, Mike.

I am hoping my CTS becomes one of those cars which requires very little service work. I know it's supposed to be extremely reliable, so I am looking for that! I am 59+ and have had many vehicles also. I'm looking for this to be the best of all!

My best to you and your coupe!

Mike

Thanks, C "T" ess.

Of course you're right. I still love the car and will continue to do so. I think one of my problems is the dealership personnel who on one hand tell me it's no big deal -- it happens sometimes -- but tell me it's extremely important for me to get it fixed immediately -- because it is unsafe to drive it without airbags. Geesh! This dealership is two hours away, so it is somewhat impossible to take the car in without driving it!

Thanks again for reining me in. Best wishes to you and your coupe!

Mike

----------

Thanks, Greg. I have an appointment to get it traced out and hopefully fixed. The dealership is two hours away, which makes it difficult to get there for immediate repair. I will keep your offer in mind and keep you posted.

Mike
    Hello mnmjack,

I apologize that your dealership is two hours away and it will be a trek to service it, but I am glad to hear that you have an appointment made. Thank you for taking the time to keep us informed and respond. I will be looking for your future updates. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by ctspremium View Post
    As you have probably already read, you have been given some good advice. Don't fume about this problem, but DO make arrangements with your dealer and get this resolved. I own a 2013 CTS Coupe and have it for 11 months and 14K on the Odometer with only a bad fob to have taken care of. Nothing is an absolute perfection which is why Auto dealers have service departments along with other departments to assist you in time of need.
    Hello ctspremium,

I am glad your 13' CTS Coupe has been a good experiencing during your ownership so far. Thanks for reaching out to Mike and giving advice on his situation. If there is ever anything you need assistance with, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    and for the money should never need service.
    That`s the part that amuses me the most, as if by adding features/complexity (cost) to a car you will reduce the possibility of a failure.
    Really ?

mcneill8328 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    Quote Originally Posted by 99flhr

That`s the part that amuses me the most, as if by adding features/complexity (cost) to a car you will reduce the possibility of a failure.
    Really ?
    Agreed, and lets be honest...our vehicles are in the middle of the price spectrum, not at the top of it.
    C "T" ess and 99flhr like this.

Hello:

"Page two":

I took the CTS to the nearest dealer to have the warning light assessed (and fixed, I hoped.) They found that the sensor was not communicating with the computer (I think that's what he said) and they needed to order a part. It will -- of course -- take a few days for them to get this part and I will need to bring the car in again sometime next week to have it installed. Hopefully that will fix the problem. I keep getting calls from my selling dealership for updates and (of course) they could have had it fixed more quickly....

I will report what happens after this all shakes out. I'm still very nervous about driving the car with no airbags, but figure if it's my time to go, I can't stop the reaper anyway!

Mike

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Hello:

I'm still very nervous about driving the car with no airbags,

Mike
    You posted earlier that you are "59+" so one assumes that you (like myself) have driven more than a few miles without airbags.
    Thanks for the update

Hello:

"Page two":

I took the CTS to the nearest dealer to have the warning light assessed (and fixed, I hoped.) They found that the sensor was not communicating with the computer (I think that's what he said) and they needed to order a part. It will -- of course -- take a few days for them to get this part and I will need to bring the car in again sometime next week to have it installed. Hopefully that will fix the problem. I keep getting calls from my selling dealership for updates and (of course) they could have had it fixed more quickly....

I will report what happens after this all shakes out. I'm still very nervous about driving the car with no airbags, but figure if it's my time to go, I can't stop the reaper anyway!

Mike
    Hello Mike,

Thank you for updating us on the outcome of your dealer visit. I am hoping this fixes your vehicle problem also. We do not want you to feel unsafe while driving your vehicle. I hope the part arrives quickly for you so it can be replaced as soon as possible. Please contact us via private message if you would like to discuss your current situation.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.