2013 Warning Light - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2013 Warning Light in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; The dealership scheduled me for a Thursday morning slot. Hopefully they will be able to fix the issue. Unfortunately this ...
    mnmjack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Luxury Glacier Blue Metallic; Lt. Titanium/Ebony

Re: 2013 Warning Light

The dealership scheduled me for a Thursday morning slot. Hopefully they will be able to fix the issue. Unfortunately this means I will have had to deal with this problem for over 2 weeks, which I feel is too long to go without airbags. The dealership and Cadillac had better be ready for my satisfaction survey to have some answers which will be less than "Completely Satisfied," which they told me was the ONLY answer they would accept!

Mike

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

I'm still very nervous about driving the car with no airbags, but figure if it's my time to go, I can't stop the reaper anyway!
    Mike
    IMO air bags are overrated. If you wear a shoulder harness, you are well protected. I have never had a bag deploy, even in my Equinox, which took almost $9000 in front end damage when a lady pulled out of a parking lot right in front of me. But hey, I'm old school. I had to install seat belts in my first new car in 1961, and 5 years later they saved my life when a drunk whacked that car head on.

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

One thing to keep in mind: if electronics are going to fail, they usually do so in the first few weeks of use. If you make it past that, they're probably going to work properly for a long time unless something unusual happens to them, and all electronics have a small percentage of failure, none are perfect, none last forever.
    mnmjack likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mnmjack View Post
    The dealership scheduled me for a Thursday morning slot. Hopefully they will be able to fix the issue. Unfortunately this means I will have had to deal with this problem for over 2 weeks, which I feel is too long to go without airbags. The dealership and Cadillac had better be ready for my satisfaction survey to have some answers which will be less than "Completely Satisfied," which they told me was the ONLY answer they would accept!

Mike
    Hello Mike,

I am happy to see that they scheduled you an appointment for Thursday morning. I apologize that you have not been completely satisfied with the service you have received. If there is anything Laura or I could do to assist you with this concern, please private message us. Thank you for your continued updates. I look forward to your update on Thursday as well. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

mnmjack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Luxury Glacier Blue Metallic; Lt. Titanium/Ebony

Update:

After waiting several days for the appointment, the nearest dealer installed a new sensor and reprogrammed the computer yesterday morning. The warning light is not on any more and hopefully I have air bags again! Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

Mike

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mnmjack View Post
    Update:

After waiting several days for the appointment, the nearest dealer installed a new sensor and reprogrammed the computer yesterday morning. The warning light is not on any more and hopefully I have air bags again! Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

Mike
    Hello Mike,

I am glad the dealer was able to install a new sensor and reprogram the computer for your vehicle. I hope everything runs properly for you now and you can enjoy your CTS! Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you ever have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    mnmjack likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.