2008+ reliability after 100,000
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 99flhr
  • 3 Post By Scott2012
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2008+ reliability after 100,000 in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...9143&aff=oodle here is a car i am looking at getting or similar, most likely a 2008 model. I just wanna ...
    Andrew7736 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

2008+ reliability after 100,000

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...9143&aff=oodle

here is a car i am looking at getting or similar, most likely a 2008 model. I just wanna know how well do they hold up after 100k? I know

that depends on past owners but i just want a general idea if it is worth purchasing. As a college student i want to worry more about

studying and not trying to get money to fix it every month.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

99flhr is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: 2008+ reliability after 100,000

If I was a college student and going to spend 18K on a car, I`d buy a new entry level car with a warranty. JMO

i.e. Scion Xd
    MKWAGON likes this.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

I agree with 99flhr, or even pay less for a used similar one with low miles!

Marv

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Does anyone have >100K miles on a Gen2?

Scott2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V & 2010 AWD CTS

If I was a college kid with 18k to spend on a car, I'd buy a $3000 Honda civic and spend 15k on beer
    MKWAGON, 99flhr and explorenorth like this.

Joe
    Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS blk/blk

I'm up to 126,000 and still running strong. I have a 1.5 hour commute to work so I'm racking up the miles pretty fast. I'm pretty confident this car will go over 200k no problem. I have some concerns but I'm driving this bad boy into the ground. The highway kicks the crap out of any car. My paint is being blasted off; I've already changed the windshield once and its badly pitted again. I feel very safe in this car and I love the sound system. I use the Nav often and still have the original maps. I will be 65 this month and I'm looking forward to my next ride when I retire. I'm going for a 2010 V and I cant wait, but no more big commutes this one will be babied. Thanks for reading,
    Joe

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I'm up to 126,000 and still running strong. I have a 1.5 hour commute to work so I'm racking up the miles pretty fast. I'm pretty confident this car will go over 200k no problem. I have some concerns but I'm driving this bad boy into the ground. The highway kicks the crap out of any car. My paint is being blasted off; I've already changed the windshield once and its badly pitted again. I feel very safe in this car and I love the sound system. I use the Nav often and still have the original maps. I will be 65 this month and I'm looking forward to my next ride when I retire. I'm going for a 2010 V and I cant wait, but no more big commutes this one will be babied. Thanks for reading,
    Joe
    My commute in Houston is 1.5 hours also but covers only 12 miles.

Not true. LOL

Joe
    Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS blk/blk

That was a good one there Mr Coffee!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.