2102 CTS wind noise
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2102 CTS wind noise in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hi, I have a low mileage 2012 CTS. When i get to speeds of 75 MPH + it sounds like ...
    norcal deadhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS

2102 CTS wind noise

Hi,
    I have a low mileage 2012 CTS.
    When i get to speeds of 75 MPH + it sounds like the passenger window is down about 1/4 inch.
    (it's closed)
    Has any one else had a similar issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Re: 2102 CTS wind noise

Check the weatherstrip seal that is attached to the front fender top just below the A-Pillar - You see it when you open the door and look from the inside at the inside of the fender. It's meant to stop air from under the hood entering the door area. Its also possible that the window is not adjusted correctly or the door weatherstrip has issues. Did you buy the vehicle new? Either way it is a warranty issue.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by norcal deadhead View Post
    Hi,
    I have a low mileage 2012 CTS.
    When i get to speeds of 75 MPH + it sounds like the passenger window is down about 1/4 inch.
    (it's closed)
    Has any one else had a similar issue?
    Hello norcal deadhead,

I apologize for any trouble you are experiencing with your 12' CTS wind noise from the passenger window. I would like to further discuss this concern with you via private message. Can you please message me and include your VIN and current mileage?

Thanks,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

BreakingThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Thunder Gray '08 CTS 3.6 FE2 Premium

Could also be sunroof noise from the seals. Next time you hear the noise, press up on the black bar that separates the two portions of the sunroof and see if that quiets things down.

norcal deadhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS

Turns out (according to the dealer) that is is external wind noise coming from the side mirror. It's not overly noticeable at 65 mph and less, so GM will not assist due to the noise only occurring at faster than legal speeds. Not exactly pleased to say the least.....

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Mine did it and it was a result of a deformed door gasket. Once they fixed it, the only noise I hear is from the drivers side mirror. I don't think you can get rid of that. It's out there disturbing the air flow over and around the car, it's bound to cause some noise. I got used to after awhile and with the radio on I don't even notice it anymore.

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by norcal deadhead View Post
    Turns out (according to the dealer) that is is external wind noise coming from the side mirror. It's not overly noticeable at 65 mph and less, so GM will not assist due to the noise only occurring at faster than legal speeds. Not exactly pleased to say the least.....
    If that`s the cause, why don`t you hear it from the driver side mirror ?

petalumadeadhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Good question... For some reason, there is no noise from the driver's mirror...

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

If the mirror is the problem, then we would all be complaining about it. Right?

You are just getting BS.

The noise is pretty subtle and if you have the radio on at a modest level you can't hear it. At least in my car. Maybe if you try driving at interstate speeds with the radio off you will get a feel for the sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    If the mirror is the problem, then we would all be complaining about it. Right?

You are just getting BS.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    The noise is pretty subtle and if you have the radio on at a modest level you can't hear it. At least in my car. Maybe if you try driving at interstate speeds with the radio off you will get a feel for the sound.
    My CTS isn't silent, but it certainly is not objectionable. And yes, I have listened for it on the interstate with no radio. I also have good hearing.

That's why I say the mirror is not the cause, my car is fine and it has both mirrors! LOL

The chances of any two cars being exactly the same is remote. Some may have a slight noise and others may not. Unless it's unbearable I'm inclined to leave it alone, especially since I know the cause and the fact there is no fix.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.