How do I remove center console of 2009 cts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, How do I remove center console of 2009 cts in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; My cup holder has a bunch of change and other random junk stuck in it so the door won't open ...
    ECHO CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How do I remove center console of 2009 cts

My cup holder has a bunch of change and other random junk stuck in it so the door won't open fully how can I remove it to pull all that out and clean it up thanks for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: How do I remove center console of 2009 cts

Quote Originally Posted by ECHO CTS View Post
    My cup holder has a bunch of change and other random junk stuck in it so the door won't open fully how can I remove it to pull all that out and clean it up thanks for the help
    This may help. No fun, good luck.

Esso the Clown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts 2008, Cts 2003

hi. remove the wood parts on the center console and u will see 2 screw's remove it, then pull the face plate carefully, and its all u will see anothers screws, its easy. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Esso the Clown View Post
    hi. remove the wood parts on the center console and u will see 2 screw's remove it, then pull the face plate carefully, and its all u will see anothers screws, its easy. good luck
    That is serious BAD advise. Why not just say "I DIN"T KNOW", or not post a reply at all.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

OK, the first thing I would try, is to go to a coin op self car wash and try their commercial vac! You will lose whatever you stuck in there, but it might work and would be MUCH easier that the dis-assembly of the console.

Good luck, Marv

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    OK, the first thing I would try, is to go to a coin op self car wash and try their commercial vac! You will lose whatever you stuck in there, but it might work and would be MUCH easier that the dis-assembly of the console.

Good luck, Marv
    Now that's an example of GOOD advise!

Esso the Clown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts 2008, Cts 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercoffee2 View Post
    That is serious BAD advise. Why not just say "I DIN"T KNOW", or not post a reply at all.
    Omg its easy... its the CUP HOLDER!! i change that part yesterday for the same reason.......

Quote Originally Posted by Esso the Clown View Post
    Omg its easy... its the CUP HOLDER!! i change that part yesterday for the same reason.......
    I admit that the front part is relatively easy but getting the two rear screws, hidden under the carpet out and worse, back in, was not ease for a 6"2" man. Or maybe it was the 98 degree Texas heat.

ECHO CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Thanks to all of you for all the good ideas I'm gonna try the shop vac one first and then if I cant get everything next is the disassembly. Thank you agian to everyone for your help

somedaycts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4

When I bought my CTS, Willy Wonka had a secret chocolate factory under the center console. The bolts for removing the console are buried under the carpet. I attempted to remove them but it was virtually impossible to get access for loosening/removing. I purchased some automotive trim removal tools and took the console apart as far as I could from the top down. It was a little more involved but I was able to take all the pieces out that I needed to clean them, as well as underneath.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Want a good laugh on me? Well, way back in the 80's ( I know some of you aren't old enough to remember them), My customer was Ford Motor Co and I was preparing a motorhome for the US Open Golf tourney at Oakland Hills in the Detroit area. I had purchased 2 of the 5 liter Carlo Rossi jugs of wine, stupidly putting one on the back seat and one on the rear passenger floor. A doufus pulled out in front of me, I pounded the brakes and now you know the rest of the story...........I'm not sure the vacuum at the car wash ever worked again. I took me about 2 weeks to get the wine smell out of my company car (with the windows down all time), while I rented a car to take my customers out to lunch. By the way, the tournament was a big hit, it rained most of the time and we drank a lot in the motorhome!

Marv

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.