Front Wheel Bearing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Front Wheel Bearing in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello, Can someone tell me what part I need to replace the front passenger side wheel bearing. Do I need ...
    jhschlak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS 3.6 DI

Front Wheel Bearing

Hello,
    Can someone tell me what part I need to replace the front passenger side wheel bearing. Do I need an entire front wheel hub? Or can I just replace the bearings themselves? I have 2009 DI RWD.
    If anyone has a link that shows how or gives instructions on how to replace, I would really appreciate it.
    Had 2 replaced under warranty, now I think I hear number 3. I am getting good at diagnosing this one!
    Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: Front Wheel Bearing

You should be able to just pull the disc and remove the bearings and replace with new ones. I would do inner and outer at the same time just to me safe. Be sure to grease them up good before installing the new. I would also check your alignment, there is no way you should be going through so many bearings. You may want to consider changing out the disc as well.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

You have to replace the entire hub it is an all in one unit with the bearings in the housing.

Thanks CTSCHICK!
    I had a feeling it was all one unit. I think I like that idea better anyway, I don't think I would be comfortable greasing the bearings and reinstalling etc. I am seeing a price of over $200.00 for the part, yikes. I imagine this is a $500.00 + fix at the dealer.
    I baby this thing like you wouldn't believe. I know which lanes have the bumps/potholes to and from work and methodically miss them every day. I can't believe I have another one going bad. Not impressed.
    Jeff

Yeh unfortunately I have had the same problem with a different GM vehicle that went through 5 GM hubs
    Once it was out of warranty I always went with a Timken hub and never had the problem again

Twentybucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Luxury Black Raven

Quote Originally Posted by jhschlak View Post
    Thanks CTSCHICK!
    I had a feeling it was all one unit. I think I like that idea better anyway, I don't think I would be comfortable greasing the bearings and reinstalling etc. I am seeing a price of over $200.00 for the part, yikes. I imagine this is a $500.00 + fix at the dealer.
    I baby this thing like you wouldn't believe. I know which lanes have the bumps/potholes to and from work and methodically miss them every day. I can't believe I have another one going bad. Not impressed.
    Jeff
    I'm not too surprised, GM has had problems with front wheel bearings across all models and lines for some years now. I had to replace the front wheel bearing hub assembly on my Suburban at 110K. The drivers side was bad but since I had all the tools out I replaced both sides with the American made MOOG assemblies. The MOOG's had a three year warranty as opposed the cheaper Chinese made with a 1 year warranty. The MOOG's were about $190 each and the made in China assemblies were $90. The assemblies for my burb were expensive because they have the wheel speed sensor built right into the assembly. The speed sensors send a signal to the ABS braking system. I did both sides for under $500, the dealer would have likely charged around $1,200 to do both sides. It only took me 4 hours to complete both sides.

I think the hub that I saw was an AC Delco. If that is what is on it now, then I definitely don't want to replace it with that.

I think the hub that I saw was an AC Delco. If that is what is on it now, then I definitely don't want to replace it with that.
    Check RockAuto

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

How long ago was the 'going bad' one replaced? There should be a 12 month warranty on replaced parts.

Good Luck, Marv

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thanks CTSCHICK!
    Jeff
    Hello Jeff,

I apologize for any trouble you are experiencing with your wheel bearing. If you would like to further discuss this with me, please reach out via private message and include your VIN and mileage, also the name and location of the dealer you have previously worked with. I would like to help look into this for you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Twentybucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Luxury Black Raven

I bought the MOOG's from Advanced Auto Parts. You might want to look at the Timken wheel bearing assembly at 1AAuto.com they are about $500 for the pair, they come as a pair so you might as well replace both if you are going to do them yourself.

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    You should be able to just pull the disc and remove the bearings and replace with new ones. I would do inner and outer at the same time just to me safe. Be sure to grease them up good before installing the new. I would also check your alignment, there is no way you should be going through so many bearings. You may want to consider changing out the disc as well.
    Dude, are you OLD SCHOOL! Me too.

----------

Hello,
    Can someone tell me what part I need to replace the front passenger side wheel bearing. Do I need an entire front wheel hub? Or can I just replace the bearings themselves? I have 2009 DI RWD.
    If anyone has a link that shows how or gives instructions on how to replace, I would really appreciate it.
    Had 2 replaced under warranty, now I think I hear number 3. I am getting good at diagnosing this one!
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    $213.74 free shipping on Amazon. Less then an hour in your driveway (RWD). Remove wheel, 1 screw, 5 bolts and do it again in reverse. No bearing grease on your hands.

I'm seeing a Timken hub on amazon for 135.00. I think they are a good name, especially for bearings, right?

http://www.amazon.com/Timken-HA59026...2009+wheel+hub

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quality company, good products, great price.

So, how long ago did Cadillac replace it under warranty?

Marv

I had the driver side front done in June '11 and the driver side rear in June '12. This one is the passenger side front.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.