Front Wheel Bearing - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Front Wheel Bearing in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by jhschlak I'm seeing a Timken hub on amazon for 135.00. I think they are a good name, ...
    CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: Front Wheel Bearing

Quote Originally Posted by jhschlak View Post
    I'm seeing a Timken hub on amazon for 135.00. I think they are a good name, especially for bearings, right?

http://www.amazon.com/Timken-HA59026...2009+wheel+hub
    Yep Timken is what I always buy for my cars or order for my b.f to install on other cars.
    Good deal with the free shipping the bearing in that Hub should be USA made and the Hub assembled in the U.S.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Sorry, I somehow thought you had both fronts replaced under warranty! Go with the Amazon deal!

Marv

sliderule01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

I think you might be surprised - Timken has a large automotive bearing facility in Wuxi China. I have been there - and it is a nice clean shop and one of the largest heat treatment facilities under one roof.
    Xtant12 likes this.

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

My Brembo Brake DYI thread here

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...bo-brakes.html

may help in replacing the hub yourself.

Remember, always use two support devices when raising your car.

dmeray1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

How does one know when the bearings are going bad? Is there a noise or vibration?

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by dmeray1 View Post
    How does one know when the bearings are going bad? Is there a noise or vibration?
    Usually both

CTS4MATION is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4

Im going through this mess now myself. Discovered tonight that it is indeed my front passenger bearing as well. Now for all of the parts that ive found...... is there no difference in the rwd and awd hub assemblies? I didnt see where it asked anywhere on any of the parts I was looking at..... However Im sure glad somebody posted that amazon link...... Thats alot cheaper than the timkens I found!

Thanks for the help guys!

They are the same part number. No difference.

Ok went to order it and I noticed a potential problem. On the amazon link (and on a couple e-bay listings as well) it says Front wheel hub assembly", then you look at the product notes" and it says "rear hub assembly"..... What gives? Am I missing something or over thinking something? I have found 2 different part numbers for the "front hub assembly" from timken so I need to know which part number I need. I have to order this stinkin thing soon haha.

Thanks again for the help!

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Here is another site that sells them both for $225...........Free shipping too.

http://www.carpartswarehouse.com/add.../92-90038.html

Not sure what is happening with the amazon site, too bad you can't call them!

Marv

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    Here is another site that sells them both for $225...........Free shipping too.

http://www.carpartswarehouse.com/add.../92-90038.html

Not sure what is happening with the amazon site, too bad you can't call them!

Marv
    If the part pictured is what you get, it is NOT the correct part.

GM 25954415 is the NEW part number, GM 25954416 is the OLD part number. The ACDelco (they make the part) number is RW20-119. Get the OEM part. Front and rear are the same part.

jhschlak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS 3.6 DI

I haven't done anything with mine yet. I am having trouble determining if it is the front or rear. The sound isn't very loud yet. Mistercoffee2 thanks for the link, that helps! The front doesn't look difficult. Does anyone know if the rear hub is any more difficult to replace than the front hob on RWD model?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

----------

Quote Originally Posted by CTS4MATION View Post
    Ok went to order it and I noticed a potential problem. On the amazon link (and on a couple e-bay listings as well) it says Front wheel hub assembly", then you look at the product notes" and it says "rear hub assembly"..... What gives? Am I missing something or over thinking something? I have found 2 different part numbers for the "front hub assembly" from timken so I need to know which part number I need. I have to order this stinkin thing soon haha.

Thanks again for the help!
    I am seeing lots and lots of car part websites that show the Timken hub as the same part number for the front and rear on our 2009-2012 CTS. I think you would be safe going with the amazon Timken part. In the unlikely event it does not fit, they will accept your return. Amazon is awesome about returning stuff.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

[QUOTE=jhschlak;10680705]Does anyone know if the rear hub is any more difficult to replace than the front hob on RWD model?/QUOTE]

If we talk about a RWD car the front is very easy. The rear is a different mater. You cannot get a socket on the three hub bolts due to the outer CV joint. The service manual says you must push the axel at least part way out of the hub to access the hub bolts but it will not go back far enough unless you remove some of the of the things attached to the knuckle. I believe the trailing arm and the lower swing arm will do it but I removed all of them because I was replacing the knuckle as well.

YOU MUST SUPPORT THE SWING ARM with another jack or stand before removing the swing arm bolt from the hub.

The spring is pushing on it and it will hurt you. All these bolts are easy to access.

Quote Originally Posted by jhschlak View Post
    I haven't done anything with mine yet. I am having trouble determining if it is the front or rear. The sound isn't very loud yet. Mistercoffee2 thanks for the link, that helps! The front doesn't look difficult. Does anyone know if the rear hub is any more difficult to replace than the front hob on RWD model?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

----------

I am seeing lots and lots of car part websites that show the Timken hub as the same part number for the front and rear on our 2009-2012 CTS. I think you would be safe going with the amazon Timken part. In the unlikely event it does not fit, they will accept your return. Amazon is awesome about returning stuff.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Thanks, I got mine in the mail yesterday from amazon, so Ill be putting it on today...... Im tired of sounding like I have snow tires on the front!

Just an update. Got the wheel bearing in today, boy is it nice to drive and have the capability to talk to the person sitting next to you haha.

The hub assembly was cake to put on. The only problem I ran into was getting the old hub off. I beat my brains out for 2 hours with 2 hammers swingin to get it off. Good lord was that thing seized on. When it finally did come off I spent about 45 minutes scrapping out tons of road grime which most of it was OLD salt that caked together and formed a cement like seal around it.

Other than that it was simple.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.