Bought a used 2011 CTS AWD - Extended Warranty Question - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Bought a used 2011 CTS AWD - Extended Warranty Question in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; My local Cadillac dealership offers a MPP (Mechanical Protection Plan). Is this the same thing as the GMPP warranty is ...
    11CTSLUX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Luxury

Re: Bought a used 2011 CTS AWD - Extended Warranty Question

My local Cadillac dealership offers a MPP (Mechanical Protection Plan). Is this the same thing as the GMPP warranty is mentioning?

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Not sure what your dealer is offering, but here is a link to GMPP

http://www.gmprotectionplan.com/ourproducts.html

Good Luck, Marv

Yea the local Cadillac Dealership (Crest Cadillac Plano, TX) is offering 36/36,000 miles for $2,900. $0 deductible as long as I get everything covered at their shop. They have an A+ rating. And the service at this Cadillac Service Dept. is amazing.

Or......GMPP through Greg Bell is offering me $1,540 for 36/36,000 miles. $50 deductible. But they want a picture of my Odometer to send to GM to make sure they will cover my car, since I've already got 49,400 miles.

Or......I can keep my Toyota Extended Warranty for 36/36,000 miles. $0 deductible. For $2,450. But I'm scared I'll run into an issue since it's not GM backed with them covering things and giving me headaches.

Which should I go with guys?!

Which type of coverage is Greg Bell offering? If you went to the GMPP website, there are 3 levels of coverage.

I would go for the Major Guard level of GMPP with the $50 deductible if it were my car (I will do it when it reaches near the end of warranty).

I would not go for the Toyota one, too many questions (in my mind at least). With GMPP you can go to any GM dealer for warranty work if on the road and have a problem.

Life is about decisions, Good Luck, Marv

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    Which type of coverage is Greg Bell offering? If you went to the GMPP website, there are 3 levels of coverage.

I would go for the Major Guard level of GMPP with the $50 deductible if it were my car (I will do it when it reaches near the end of warranty).

I would not go for the Toyota one, too many questions (in my mind at least). With GMPP you can go to any GM dealer for warranty work if on the road and have a problem.

Life is about decisions, Good Luck, Marv
    Thanks so much for your help. I actually just went to cancel the Toyota one just now. So now it's either the GMPP with Greg Bell, or the MPP one with the local Cadillac dealership. And with Greg Bell, it was the Major Guard plan.

Also check the GMPP pricing at Black Cadillac. Good decision!

Marv

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.