Looks: 2014's vs. Coupes ??? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree16Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Looks: 2014's vs. Coupes ??? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Screw winter. Move down here....
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Re: Looks: 2014's vs. Coupes ???

Screw winter. Move down here.

Oz Sr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Coupe -AWD

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    I'm almost in the same boat as you. Yes the extra $20K makes you swallow hard, but my main issue is that my CTS is my daily driver and I wanted AWD for the Michigan winters and it did come in handy this last winter several times.

Buying the V would have not only required me to shell out the extra $$$, but also buy some beater car for those snowy, slushy days. In addition to drive ability issues, it would break my heart to drive the V on slushy salty roads.

My son is still trying to talk me into trading in my Premium AWD coupe for an off-lease V coupe. There are several lower mileage models that can be had for near $50K which is very doable, but the winter is still an issue.
    I can relate to your winters, I lived & worked in Detroit the winter of '08-'09 and on weekends made that trip back home through Canada. I was driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee @ the time & happy for it. We current live on the water in what is referred to "The Snow Belt" of NY state so the AWD was a must have.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    I'm from the Chicago area and moved to Michigan for a significant job opportunity about 6 years ago. A couple of months ago a head hunter called me about an opportunity in Minneapolis. Money wasn't that much better and quite honestly if I had to move again it would either be back home or more preferably somewhere where the winters are less harsh.
    Oz Sr likes this.

Oz Sr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Coupe -AWD

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Your 'down here' is great during our winters up here... not so great during your summers months (our son in the Air Force is currently station in Florida & it's toooooo hot for me).

next2pool is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Performance

The new coupe is coming--just lagging the sedan. No wagon on the CTS however.

Lac_Boy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Premium Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercoffee2 View Post
    Well congratulations, and yes actually, that is what I'm saying.

For the record, my car is a 2008 CTS and I don't have the first $50K or the "extra 20K". But then, nether do you or you would have a 2013 V-Coupe. Those that can, have a V, all others don't. Deal with it.
    Not necessarily. People have different reasons for choosing the model they did. I was actually highly considering a used low mileage V for roughly the same price range as I paid for my premium with the summer tire package. I still opted for the new premium. So it's not fair to say those that can have a V do and others don't. Maybe some people would rather use that 20k difference to buy a second vehicle for a spouse or one of their children. Or perhaps just get the cheaper car and have a cheaper note and save. Everyone's financial situation is different so let's not assume. The V is a beautiful car, but for 20k more, Cadillac has lost their damn minds.
    Oz Sr likes this.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

"...but for 20k more, Cadillac has lost their damn minds."

Personally, I disagree. They have built an automobile that has major balls, and their suspension is fantastic. It is quite an automobile. I don't think it is out of line at all.

Just like yours, one man's opinion.
    Lac_Boy and Oz Sr like this.

rchern is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red CTS Coupe with Ebony Interior

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    I'm almost in the same boat as you. Yes the extra $20K makes you swallow hard, but my main issue is that my CTS is my daily driver and I wanted AWD for the Michigan winters and it did come in handy this last winter several times.

Buying the V would have not only required me to shell out the extra $$$, but also buy some beater car for those snowy, slushy days. In addition to drive ability issues, it would break my heart to drive the V on slushy salty roads.

My son is still trying to talk me into trading in my Premium AWD coupe for an off-lease V coupe. There are several lower mileage models that can be had for near $50K which is very doable, but the winter is still an issue.
    Can someone help me? I think I'm having some computer problems. My computer shows that there are 4 pages to this thread. The above thread is the last post on page 3. It is post #45. When I click on page 4 my computer goes to the 2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion page.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.