Looks: 2014's vs. Coupes ??? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Looks: 2014's vs. Coupes ??? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Coupe will only be 4yrs...
    TrimThis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 TG CTS Coupe

Re: Looks: 2014's vs. Coupes ???

Coupe will only be 4yrs

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Coupe is based on the 2008 platform

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

Hey gohawks63,

The CTS 2014 model will be coming in a Coupe and be a continuation of the new 2013 and earlier body style.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    I think that's what I said before. Yes there will be a 2014 coupe, but it's based on the old model, not the redesign CTS.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    Coupe is based on the 2008 platform
    Yup. The only "new"ness of the CTS coupe are the body panels and mildly updated engine in 2012. Otherwise it's the same car that was introduced in 2008.
    tinman likes this.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Great styles age well--consider the Porsche 911 models! The generation II CTS Coupes look far better than the 2014 CTS Sedans (generation III)! CTS Coupes should have received some updates, such as things like the door mirrors (integrate turn signals similar to other '14 Caddies), the wheels (a new style/design) and a few interior updates, too. The generation II based CTS Coupes are the most stylish Cadillac model available! I'm also not quite "sold" on the CUE system. My sister just got a great deal on a brand new '13 CTS Coupe and she loves the car (traded an '09 CTS-4 Sedan).

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Loveldos View Post
    Great styles age well--consider the Porsche 911 models! The generation II CTS Coupes look far better than the 2014 CTS Sedans (generation III)! CTS Coupes should have received some updates, such as things like the door mirrors (integrate turn signals similar to other '14 Caddies), the wheels (a new style/design) and a few interior updates, too. The generation II based CTS Coupes are the most stylish Cadillac model available! I'm also not quite "sold" on the CUE system. My sister just got a great deal on a brand new '13 CTS Coupe and she loves the car (traded an '09 CTS-4 Sedan).
    Hello Loveldos,

Thanks for sharing your input. I think the CTS Coupe design has been crafted very nicely. I am happy your sister loves her 13' CTS Coupe. Are you thinking about getting a new Coupe yourself? Don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have any concerns or questions. We can be reached via private message!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hey gohawks63,

The CTS 2014 model will be coming in a Coupe and be a continuation of the new 2013 and earlier body style.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Sorry to hear that. Better if they let it die.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Loveldos View Post
    Great styles age well--consider the Porsche 911 models!
    How dare you compare the CTS-V to the Porsche 911. The 911 has been changed every year sense it's conception. And the CTS Coupe is still much better looking.

Oz Sr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Coupe -AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hey gohawks63,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Must be because the coupe's body style can't be improved on...

Quote Originally Posted by Oz Sr View Post
    You forgot the "LOL" at the end. Without it people could think you believe that BS. People on the forum improve their Coupes every day. To start they could quit supporting the aftermarket and put the proper wheels, tires and springs on. They could move all the V body parts to the Coupe and if the V makes it to production, make it even more aggressive.

Is there anyone that thinks the CTS Coupe looks better then the CTS-V Coupe?

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Yes, especially the rear exhaust center triangular outlet and the premium trim interior is more upscale in my opinion of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistercoffee2 View Post
    You forgot the "LOL" at the end. Without it people could think you believe that BS. People on the forum improve their Coupes every day. To start they could quit supporting the aftermarket and put the proper wheels, tires and springs on. They could move all the V body parts to the Coupe and if the V makes it to production, make it even more aggressive.

----------

I still think the CTS-V is bad ass though and it might be my next Coupe in a couple of years, or possibly the ELR

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

That's why there is no replacement for the wagon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EVH5150 View Post
    Yes, especially the rear exhaust center triangular outlet and the premium trim interior is more upscale in my opinion of course.

I still think the CTS-V is bad ass though and it might be my next Coupe in a couple of years, or possibly the ELR
    I have to call foul. When talking styling you can't just jump to interior trim options or color, not styling. I don't think I've ever noticed the outlet difference. The Coupe styling is great, the V-Coupe is Classic. If only it sat 2" lower on the chassis.

Have you ever noticed how Jag always fills the fender well with big wheels/tires. They were doing it decades before big wheels became in vogue.

=So I guess what you're saying is that you want the Coupe to look like the 'V' for the same $$$...

I think for the money the coupe is a good deal (that's why I just bought a 2013), for another $20K the 'V' is GREAT (so why don't you just go spend the extra $20K)!

=So I guess what you're saying is that you want the Coupe to look like the 'V' for the same $$$...

I think for the money the coupe is a good deal (that's why I just bought a 2013), for another $20K the 'V' is GREAT (so why don't you just go spend the extra $20K)!
    Well congratulations, and yes actually, that is what I'm saying.

For the record, my car is a 2008 CTS and I don't have the first $50K or the "extra 20K". But then, nether do you or you would have a 2013 V-Coupe. Those that can, have a V, all others don't. Deal with it.

Well congratulations, and yes actually, that is what I'm saying.

For the record, my car is a 2008 CTS and I don't have the first $50K or the "extra 20K". But then, nether do you or you would have a 2013 V-Coupe. Those that can, have a V, all others don't. Deal with it.
    Sorry you're wrong, had I wanted a 'V' I would have bought one... Living in central NY I wanted a "Daily" AWD Driver & that's what the Coupe does for me. I'm really a Corvette guy, I've have (& will have) a C1 forever & just sold my C6 to be ready for the all new C7 this fall. I'm a very lucky guy who retired @ 55 and now @ age 60, (after working very hard my whole life & putting 3-kids through college) can (& do) drive anything I want. My wish for you is to someday be able to do the same.

*And BTW I didn't say "Is there anyone that thinks the CTS Coupe looks better then the CTS-V Coupe"... What I said was the 2013 Coupe looks better than the new 2014 (sedan) now being introduce (& all agreed). Of course the V is better, that's what the $20k buys.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz Sr

Sorry you're wrong, had I wanted a 'V' I would have bought one... Living in central NY I wanted a "Daily" AWD Driver & that's what the Coupe does for me. I'm really a Corvette guy, I've have (& will have) a C1 forever & just sold my C6 to be ready for the all new C7 this fall. I'm a very lucky guy who retired @ 55 and now @ age 60, (after working very hard my whole life & putting 3-kids through college) can (& do) drive anything I want. My wish for you is to someday be able to do the same.

*And BTW I didn't say "Is there anyone that thinks the CTS Coupe looks better then the CTS-V Coupe"... What I said was the 2013 Coupe looks better than the new 2014 (sedan) now being introduce (& all agreed). Of course the V is better, that's what the $20k buys.
    I'm almost in the same boat as you. Yes the extra $20K makes you swallow hard, but my main issue is that my CTS is my daily driver and I wanted AWD for the Michigan winters and it did come in handy this last winter several times.

Buying the V would have not only required me to shell out the extra $$$, but also buy some beater car for those snowy, slushy days. In addition to drive ability issues, it would break my heart to drive the V on slushy salty roads.

My son is still trying to talk me into trading in my Premium AWD coupe for an off-lease V coupe. There are several lower mileage models that can be had for near $50K which is very doable, but the winter is still an issue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.