High Mounted Stop Lamp Cracked
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, High Mounted Stop Lamp Cracked in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; The High Mounted Stop Lamp on my 2008 CTS is cracked. At first I saw only 1 crack then today ...
    Djmcts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

High Mounted Stop Lamp Cracked

The High Mounted Stop Lamp on my 2008 CTS is cracked.
    At first I saw only 1 crack then today when I was detailing the car I saw a second crack.

IMG_1604s.jpg

IMG_1607s.jpg

Has any one else had this problem?

Did you replace the light? How much did it cost?

Is there any chance for a warranty claim - extended warranty?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

akamai43 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Black diamond tricoat on Black 3.6
    You can find a replacement on eBay. I see them all the time on there.

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013

Re: High Mounted Stop Lamp Cracked

Quote Originally Posted by Djmcts View Post
    Is there any chance for a warranty claim - extended warranty?
    Unlikely

WHAT THIS AGREEMENT DOES NOT COVER
    (GMPP Major Guard)

Unless required in connection with the repair of a covered part, WE will not pay anything under this Agreement for engine tune-up, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, filters, lubricants, engine coolant, drive belts, radiator hoses, heater and vacuum hoses, windshield wiper blades, air conditioning recharging, fluids, spark/glow plugs and wires, brake pads and linings, brake shoes and rotors, manual clutch disc, or any maintenance service or part required to be performed or replaced as recommended by the VEHICLE manufacturer's Maintenance Schedule.

Additionally, neither rust damage nor any of the following parts as defined by the VEHICLE manufacturer’s parts manual are covered under any circumstance: sheet metal, chassis frame, cross members, body rails, body panels or other body parts, bumpers, glass, carpet, weather-strips, lenses, sealed beams, light bulbs, tires, trim, convertible or vinyl tops, moldings, bright metal, upholstery, paint, exhaust system, catalytic converter, hinges, brake drums, shock absorbers, or batteries. In addition, the following are not covered: correction of air and water leaks, wind noise, odors, squeaks, or rattles.

This Agreement is not responsible for a FAILURE or CLAIM:
    a) Caused by misuse, abuse, negligence, alterations, or modifications made to YOUR VEHICLE;
    b) Caused by lack of maintenance required by the Maintenance Schedule for YOUR VEHICLE, as detailed in YOUR Owners Manual;
    c) Caused by collision, fire, theft, freezing, vandalism, riot, explosion, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, or animal;
    d) Caused by racing or other competition;
    e) Caused by a condition that existed prior to purchase of this Agreement, or if the odometer has stopped or been changed;
    f) Caused by pulling a trailer or another vehicle, unless YOUR VEHICLE is equipped for this as recommended by the VEHICLE manufacturer;
    g) Subject to any warranty, VEHICLE manufacturer recall or guarantee issued by the VEHICLE manufacturer or a repairer;
    h) Occurring outside the fifty (50) United States of America, the District of Columbia, and Canada;
    i) Relating to any part which is not original VEHICLE manufacturer equipment or a like replacement part, whether or not it meets VEHICLE manufacturer specifications. Examples may include, but are not limited to, garage door openers, cellular telephones, theft deterrent systems, and air conditioning components;
    j) Relating to any communication, navigational, or entertainment devices that become unusable or unable to function as intended due to changes in content, technology, or wireless service;
    k) Caused by contaminated fuel systems or other contaminated fluids.

Finally, no benefits are available hereunder:
    l) If a material misrepresentation was made on the Contract Registration, or if YOU are no longer using YOUR VEHICLE in accordance with the eligibility requirements stated on the Contract Registration;
    m) For economic loss, including loss of time, inconvenience, lodging & food (except as provided under the terms of the Trip Interruption coverage afforded by this Agreement), storage or other incidental or consequential loss or damage that may result from a FAILURE;
    n) For diminution in VEHICLE value

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    I've got one if you like brand new take off.

BreakingThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Thunder Gray '08 CTS 3.6 FE2 Premium

I'd take the opportunity to throw on a an extended V-style stop lamp personally. It's more spoilerish without being an actual spoiler. My two cents

Djmcts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Thanks for the replys.

Asked the local dealer about replacement but no go. Also they claimed that they have not replaced any of these units.

I got a replacement one from a local wrecker for $150. Changed it out today. Found out that the cracks started at the mounting bolts so wonder if there is a defect that shows up over time. If any one else has had same problem I take this up with the dealer but it seems this is a isolated problem.

IMG_1608s.jpg

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    I'd of charged you $50 bucks. Wow.

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013

FWIW, my Cadillac dealer Svc Mgr says water leaks and lense cracks are often caused by vehicle owners using the CHMSL as a handle (pressure point) to open and close the trunk lid. So instead I now use the chromed molding above license plate to open the trunk and the righthand interior handle to close it.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Yikes, I never thought about that but it does make sense. I use the CHMSL all of the time to close the trunk lid. I guess I'll find another way without getting finger prints over my clean car.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Might be it was overtightened at one time to try to mitigate a trunk leak.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.